Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 13:48   #9121
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
In a strange dilemma.

My prime workhorse - the Galaxy Note 3 died after 3 years of abuse and now I'm looking for a new phone. The plan is to buy the iPhone 7 as soon as it comes out in the US.

But i'm moving to the US within the week and don't wanna be stuck without a decent phone for what could be 1 or 2 months before the iPhone 7 comes out. Was planning to get a used iPhone 5s from India which would cost me around 16-17k. Would that be a good thing to do? Or should I buy something once I get to the US?

What are your suggestions?
I would suggest you buy an iPhione 5S for time being . Since the phone you buy here is unlocked you can use the same in US too . So once iPhone 7 comes out you can buy the same . Also if you buy an iPhone 7 from Verizon you might get gift card worth 300 USD(during thanksgiving) if you exchange your iPhone 5S . Newer iPhone works with most of the 4G LTE bands but please do cross check at the time of buying .
Old 1st August 2016, 16:21   #9122
BHPian

Hello Folks,

This seems like an appropriate thread to put down my query that's been bugging me lately. I am an Apple fan. I have all their gadgetry right from the Mac to the apple watch but the only thing missing is the Beats By Dre. Since its acquisition by the Apple. I have been craving to get my hands on one and since the Solo2 wireless has been launched (1st product after Beats takeover by Apple), I have heard nothing concrete so was wondering if anyone here has a pair of these headphones and help me in resolving this predicament?

I understand that they are a bit on a base side but I think that’s is not going to be an issue because genres I mostly listen to are Hip Hop and alternative rock. I currently own a pair of Sony base series headphones (XB450V). While the quality of these headphones is debatable but the bass punch is just awesome. This was the primary reason I bought them about 2 years ago. The problem is them this head phones either highs or lows, mids, are relatively missing or I am suffering from hearing impairment. :-)

Coming to the Solo2’s, the main concern is that I can’t seem to find a place where I can audition them (any beats product for that matter), at least not in NCR, Punjab & Chandigarh. Back them when was Beats by Dr. Dre was not acquired by Apple Solo2 (Wired) were available at Reliance Digital/Jumbo Electronics/Croma stores for audition but since they have been overtook by Apple all the available models on the previously said stores have been cleared out and the remaining are available at a heavy discount (Upto 50%).

As I have auditioned Solo2 (Wired), I can vouch that those were great set of headphones and I was this close to buying it but meanwhile, the news of merger broke out and I though of waiting it out and see how it pan out. but ever since Solo2 wireless came out it seems like something that I use for my daily travel. So guys, let you feedback pour in. Thanks!

drive_angry
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:40   #9123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hello Folks,

This seems like an appropriate thread to put down my query that's been bugging me lately. I am an Apple fan.
As I have auditioned Solo2 (Wired), I can vouch that those were great set of headphones and I was this close to buying it but meanwhile, the news of merger broke out and I though of waiting it out and see how it pan out. but ever since Solo2 wireless came out it seems like something that I use for my daily travel. So guys, let you feedback pour in. Thanks!

drive_angry
A true music enthusiast won't touch Beats products even with a pole.
They are just mediocre when it comes to music. There are a million better options out there for that kind of money.
If music is secondary and looks are more important to you then you can buy the Beats, otherwise do a bit research on the internet to find much better sounding products from other companies. Beyerdynamics are known for their clean and punchy bass, if that's what you are looking for.

Last edited by rdst_1 : 2nd August 2016 at 17:42.
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:59   #9124

Hi All,

Anyone has updated their iPhone to ios 10 Public Beta?

I have updated my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB model to this.

Interface looks amazing; but with one problem: when I charge my phone with wi-fi on, it heats up a lot. But no issues when wi-fi is off. Anyone has similar issues?
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:36   #9125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
In a strange dilemma.

My prime workhorse - the Galaxy Note 3 died after 3 years of abuse and now I'm looking for a new phone. The plan is to buy the iPhone 7 as soon as it comes out in the US.

But i'm moving to the US within the week and don't wanna be stuck without a decent phone for what could be 1 or 2 months before the iPhone 7 comes out. Was planning to get a used iPhone 5s from India which would cost me around 16-17k. Would that be a good thing to do? Or should I buy something once I get to the US?

What are your suggestions?
Buy a Redmi 3S (being launched today). Buy an iPhone 7 in the US in a month! Totally worth it. Don't succumb to buying one in India right now.
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:47   #9126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Buy a Redmi 3S (being launched today). Buy an iPhone 7 in the US in a month! Totally worth it. Don't succumb to buying one in India right now.
iPhone 7 bought in US will not have the LTE band used in India, unless Apple implements the universal band chip, i.e. - ALL of the world's LTE bands available on same phone.
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:53   #9127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
iPhone 7 bought in US will not have the LTE band used in India, unless Apple implements the universal band chip, i.e. - ALL of the world's LTE bands available on same phone.
Since iPhone 6 the Indian bands are supported by even phones from US. You can see the detailed list in apple site. https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:17   #9128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean502 View Post
Hi All,

I have updated my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB model to this.

Interface looks amazing; but with one problem: when I charge my phone with wi-fi on, it heats up a lot. But no issues when wi-fi is off. Anyone has similar issues?

Hello, How did you you manage to update your iPhone? iOS 10 is not available through iTunes. Do you have a developer's account? is it available for iPad as well? Thanks!

drive_angry
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:20   #9129
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, How did you you manage to update your iPhone? iOS 10 is not available through iTunes. Do you have a developer's account? is it available for iPad as well? Thanks!

drive_angry
There is a public beta available. Check this link - https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:36   #9130

Quote:

drive_angry
You can sign in for the Public Beta program using your Apple ID through https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Please Note: Some ios 10 features depend on the iPhone model as well. I have noticed that 'Raise to wake' feature does not work on my iPhone 6+ as it has got A8 chip . It works on A9 chip models only like iPhone 6S/6S+.
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:32   #9131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Updated my 5S, its a bit flashy and i've gotten used to the earlier interface much more than I'd like to admit. Also the messages app is a mess now. Too many things like gestures, emojis etc. But phone seems faster than before.
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:07   #9132
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

I had this weird idea of selling off my iPhone 6 64 GB for an SE 64GB. I really love the square edges of the previous phones. 😑
I love my phone but it's just so hard to grip because of its round edges. I have started using it without the cover and Tempered glass.

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd August 2016 at 18:08.
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:53   #9133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
have started using it without the cover and Tempered glass.
good luck, hope you don't drop it on a sharp object! My wife dropped her iPhone with a wallet case while speaking and it landed on a stone and screen gone! Since then every phone is used only after it has tempered glass installed!
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:18   #9134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
good luck, hope you don't drop it on a sharp object! My wife dropped her iPhone with a wallet case while speaking and it landed on a stone and screen gone! Since then every phone is used only after it has tempered glass installed!
This is what I dread all the time considering the phone slips out of my hand quite often. I have the original Apple leather case and used a tempered glass. I must say the leather covers are very very protective. But lately, I was bored and needed a change. Hence, using it without the TG and cover. Feels really good in hand.
Old 4th August 2016, 14:58   #9135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
There is a public beta available. Check this link - https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
Quote:
You can sign in for the Public Beta program using your Apple ID through https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Please Note: Some ios 10 features depend on the iPhone model as well. I have noticed that 'Raise to wake' feature does not work on my iPhone 6+ as it has got A8 chip . It works on A9 chip models only like iPhone 6S/6S+.
Thanks Guys for the link I have updated all my devices. While there are only few noticeable features on iOS but mac seems to have been loaded with missing features up (Highlight would be integration of siri in macOS).

Yes You are right, Mr. Piscean502, I am too using iPhone6 and raise to wake feature seems to be missing apart from other features.

One question I have, whenever iOS is available for the public, (Expected this fall) how are we, the beta users, supposed to upgrade the phone to iOS10? Would it be shown as an update as well?

drive_angry

Most Viewed