Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 22:35   #9181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Enjoy the https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=15196835011

Quote:
It basically spoils the Apple surprise: the iPhone 7. The page features cases for the new iPhone. Don't be surprised if this gets pulled down soon. Another important highlight: that Amazon page boasts a section for Bluetooth headphones. Think we can safely bid farewell to the headphone jack.
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...vent/89940506/
Old 8th September 2016, 00:28   #9182
Distinguished - BHPian

Impressive list of upgrades for the iPhone 7 Plus. They have me sold.

The iPhone Thread-20160907_114244_resized_636088904852186078.jpg
(Source)

I am disappointed that India is not in the list of countries for the first 2 waves of shipments.

Will be picking up a 7 Plus, preferably in Jet Black if they launch it here, as soon as they open the shipping gates to India. Good upgrade from my 2-year old 6 Plus.

Hopefully soon.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th September 2016 at 00:31.
Old 8th September 2016, 00:54   #9183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Will be picking up a 7 Plus, preferably in Jet Black if they launch it here,
Jet black will be available only in 128 and 256 GB variants.

I really like the marketing technique, if there are minimal design changes, then release special colours so that people knows you have upgraded.

About the apple airpods.

1. I didn't quite like the design, come on apple, you can do better.
2. Can misplace them quite easily.
3. 5 hours playback, not that great. My wireless bluetooth headphones gives an average 8 hours of playback and I find it to be less.
4. Didn't specify how long will it take to charge the headphones, good that the case acts as a backup battery.

Last edited by ecenandu : 8th September 2016 at 01:02.
Old 8th September 2016, 01:06   #9184
Senior - BHPian

I frankly think that the new iPhone 7 / iOS 10 is not that great a product. Firstly, their iOS has many features that are not useful for India, like apple maps and navigation / apple pay / their new school software is only america specific, their hiking partner viewranger is again America specific. There is nothing new for the people who live outside the US. Their apple maps in the US integrates with Lyft. (Well Google maps can do that with Uber, here in india since the last few months)

Talking about tech specs wont work here, because it is more to with iOS than with RAMs and processing power.

On a side note, the LG v20 is brilliant with dual screen and an audiophile DAC. Sadly, both the iPhone 7 and LG v20 will make it to India only after reaching most of the other markets.
Old 8th September 2016, 01:45   #9185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

On a side note, the LG v20 is brilliant with dual screen and an audiophile DAC. Sadly, both the iPhone 7 and LG v20 will make it to India only after reaching most of the other markets.

Reasons not to consider a LG phone.
1) Many of them start to lag after a few months of ownership, mainly because of the stupid UI.
2) LG isn't very good with updates either.
3) The UI has a lot of bloatware and is similar to TouchWiz which is already the worst out there.
4) Looks. They look weird and outdated and nothing great when compared to other phones in the same price range. In simple words, they do not offer the Bling! others offer. Ex: S7 edge, note 7, iPhone!

P.S- I am not an iPhone fan! I am a Nexus 5(made by LG) user since 2 and a half years.
Nothing can beat stock Android.
But I still liked the iPhone 7 mainly because of the pricing(vs features) as it is the same as 6s, which had nothing great to offer but still cost a bank.
I wished for the 64gb version though! Or they should have started with 64 and ditched the 32gb one!

Black and glossy Jet black(read fingerprint magnet) look Dope!

Last edited by iss1307 : 8th September 2016 at 01:51.
Old 8th September 2016, 01:57   #9186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

About the apple airpods.

Even I was pretty disappointed with the Airpods, although they are not that excessively priced.

5 hours is just too less. Deal breaker.

I was hoping to see better design(like the one in the rendering below)
9gag already posted something related to the design.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-1473279916626.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-1473279983579.jpg  

Last edited by iss1307 : 8th September 2016 at 02:01.
Old 8th September 2016, 08:09   #9187
Distinguished - BHPian

Do Iphones have a fast charging option?
Old 8th September 2016, 16:02   #9188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

IPhones charge fast anyway even when your charging it through your laptop using a USB cable.

For me upgrading will be cheaper this time. I spent 64k for 64 GB IP6. My ideal next upgrade your would be an IP7 32 GB. I checked over the past 2 years I have used 20 gigs in my phone so I will be good with a 32 gig model. So if they launch the phone at 53k the upgrade will be cheaper than my last phone.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:06   #9189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Interesting observation sir. I don’t think they have introduced fast charging option but iPhone (6S) charges really fast though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Even I was pretty disappointed with the Airpods
I was hoping to see better design
I second your opinion, current design of the Airpods is just ugly. It feels like they have reused old ‘Earphones’ (The ones you used to get with iPhone 5 and lower models) and made Airpods. But, on the other hand I guess they did that to capture our voice properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I frankly think that the new iPhone 7 / iOS 10 is not that great a product. Firstly, their iOS has many features that are not useful for India, like apple maps and navigation / apple pay / their new school software is only america specific, their hiking partner viewranger is again America specific.
True, especially if you are upgrading from iPhone6S. Except for the water resistance functionality, all the functionalities are either included or not feasible in India.

Apple watch: Series-2 was also launched. I expected from this watch in terms of bigger screen and usability. Yes, GPS is a welcome feature but other than that I don’t see much of an upgrade from Watch1 (Now called Watch: Series-1)

Other surprise launch was ‘Beats by Dre Solo 3 Wireless’ which will use Apple’s latest W1 wireless chip. This same chip is also used in Airpods. I guess now it makes sense why they were giving out ‘Solo 2 Wireless’ for free with Mac books. So who all here are getting their new iPhones?

PS: India launch date of iPhone7 is October 7.

drive_angry
Old 8th September 2016, 16:35   #9190
Distinguished - BHPian

After using a iPhone 5 for 3 years and then a 5s for the past 6 months, the phone takes 2 hours to charge from single digit battery percentage to 100%. That, IMO is quite fast by itself. The charging slows down after it reaches 90% and then trickle charges towards the very end.

Last edited by noopster : 8th September 2016 at 17:00. Reason: Please use full names instead of abbreviations
Old 8th September 2016, 16:59   #9191
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow I can't believe my iPhone 5s is now 3 generations removed from the latest version. It works fine and meets all my requirements in a small yet powerful smartphone, so I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.

Having said that the 7 looks quite tempting especially the dual camera at rear and the enhanced "selfie"-camera () so let's see!
Old 8th September 2016, 17:07   #9192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Wow I can't believe my iPhone 5s is now 3 generations removed from the latest version.
I got a Blackberry Q10. I don't need a camera on my phone.

I'll buy a new phone when this one dies and it does not look like dying anytime soon. I will be sorry to see it go, the tactile keyboard is still the best thing they put on a phone and now few if any phones have one.
Old 8th September 2016, 17:08   #9193
BHPian

This just came!! This is a bad move and I am sure is going to dent iPhone sales in India!!

Quote:
Apple's latest move could disappoint you. The company has removed its iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and the iPhone 5s smartphones from its India website, indicating their discontinuation from the country.

Link

Last edited by noopster : 8th September 2016 at 17:18. Reason: Including an excerpt and formatting the link better
Old 8th September 2016, 17:17   #9194
Team-BHP Support

60k opening price tag Vs 43k with current USD conversion rates, man aren't we indians being ripped off or what!

But yes my 6 is 2 years old and i need to change it in near future. Should be picking up the cheapest model (as usual) for upgrade, happy that 32 Gig is now the base memory. I should be getting decent bump in performance and battery back up also coming from iPhone 6, i guess.
Old 8th September 2016, 18:00   #9195
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

My 5s still runs butter smooth and more than enough for decent photos, if not some great ones. I am going to wait for 7s and pick it up. The 's' versions get update support for longer time than regular versions. Wonder if they will out a 4 inch phone with the 7/7s spec!
The cheapest way to get an iPhone is ask someone to buy and bring from the states.
can we get online extended warranty for a phone purchased in USA? Or get warranty too there and bring the phone here?
The 7 plus has got some great optics and promises best battery life of any iPhone too. The iPhones have gotten complete in specs except for battery life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks