Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 15:45   #9466
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
For protection i would suggest you try Spigen Armor series, it sleek and offers excellent protection as tested .

For protection I would suggest go for the original leather covers. I agree they are expensive and they wear out with time. But I have been using it for 1.5 years and it has saved my phone from so many falls. It cushions are phone well and also has a nice soft padding that doesn't let dust accumulate on the inside of the cover saving it from scratches.
Old 12th October 2016, 18:16   #9467
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am thinking of getting iphone 6 plus 128gb version. My usage is heavy internet browsing, whatsapp, face book, lots of music listening, watching videos, and no games at all except chess or scrabble.

Is 1 GB RAM enough for my usage?

In my budget I can either get 6 plus 128 gb or 6s plus 16 gb. So choice is more storage vs more RAM. Please recommend.
6s has a good camera when compared to 6 and you can try 64gb or 128gb 6s . Also 6s comes with force where most new iOS updates are aimed at . My suggestion would be that you go for higher storage options with 6s and you can keep the phone at least 3-4 years .

Also the 6s Plus camera much better than 6S.
Old 13th October 2016, 00:10   #9468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Ah okay, thanks for the prompt reply. I was about to order one online but will refrain now. I will go to any store and buy a branded one from there like Capdase or Spigen.
I bought Spigen's Neo-hybrid case with the metal bumper on the edge for my 7 Plus and, whilst it's a great looking case, it's a complete finger print magnet, so be warned anyone who is considering getting one. It also makes the phone feel quite a bit wider, after having used the phone for a couple of weeks with no case on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am thinking of getting iphone 6 plus 128gb version. My usage is heavy internet browsing, whatsapp, face book, lots of music listening, watching videos, and no games at all except chess or scrabble.

Is 1 GB RAM enough for my usage?

In my budget I can either get 6 plus 128 gb or 6s plus 16 gb. So choice is more storage vs more RAM. Please recommend.
Given that you seem to be planning on getting most of your content to stream and are not going to store content locally, I'd recommend you get the newer phone. If you had a lot of content that you wanted to store locally, I'd tell you to get the bigger, older model.

To answer your question, the 1GB of RAM isn't an issue in most usage cases, the only time you'll notice it is if you have loads of tabs open in your browser, then the oldest ones will no longer cache on a phone with 1GB vs one with 2 or 3GB. These tabs will then reload when you re-open them. No big deal provided you're not using a 2G connection.
Old 13th October 2016, 20:10   #9469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I bought Spigen's Neo-hybrid case with the metal bumper on the edge for my 7 Plus and, whilst it's a great looking case, it's a complete finger print magnet, so be warned anyone who is considering getting one. It also makes the phone feel quite a bit wider, after having used the phone for a couple of weeks with no case on it.
Finally i ordered this-
Thanks every one for their inputs. Ordered from Flipkart , costing me Rs 1499.
The iPhone Thread-spigenslimarmorsiphone6originalimae5sp9jbw8kcfv.jpeg

Last edited by Samba : 13th October 2016 at 20:19.
Old 14th October 2016, 10:16   #9470
Distinguished - BHPian

I completed 14 months with my iPhone 6 + so decided to gift it with an exquisite cover.

I found this beautiful hand stitched pure leather cover which has "9 stitches" per inch in this lovely tan color ( Big fan of tan---Have loads of shoes, belts, wallets and now phone cover)

As it's pure leather, it feels awesome. Grip is nice, except the edges are a bit too silky smooth.

Not too heavy and provides the overall feel of the iPhone

Great buy at INR 999/-
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_1785.jpg  

Old 14th October 2016, 11:56   #9471
BHPian

Hi,

I am not able to view my Iphone 5S as a drive in my Windows file explorer. Is there any method to view the same.

Wanted to delete few photos, which I am surprisingly not able to delete from the phone.

Any guidance will be appreciated
Old 14th October 2016, 12:30   #9472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi,

I am not able to view my Iphone 5S as a drive in my Windows file explorer. Is there any method to view the same.

Wanted to delete few photos, which I am surprisingly not able to delete from the phone.

Try updating to latest version of iTunes - may be drivers are missing or it might be the cable fault .
Old 14th October 2016, 12:41   #9473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Try restarting your Laptop / PC and at the same time, restart your iPhone.
2. If it doesn't show up as a drive after restarting, try updating the device drivers in Device management under Control Panel.
3. If both of the above options fail, use third party application to delete files. using iTunes to access photos will be of less help
Old 14th October 2016, 17:13   #9474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Did you get a pop-up on the iPhone asking if you wanted to trust the PC you were connecting the phone to? Without confirming that, the phone will NOT show-up on your PC. Perhaps if, for some reason, the prompt didn't appear that might be the reason the phone is not showing-up on the PC.
Old 14th October 2016, 18:33   #9475
Senior - BHPian

hi all,

unfortunately my brand new iphone 6s got lost / stolen during my trip to china. I tried to track the phone thru find my iphone, but the phone has been offline since the time it was lost. I think only once it connected to the network. I did log in to icloud and enable the "lost mode".
Now, im pretty sure that I wont get my phone back, but wanted to know if there is anyway the person who is holding the phone can access my information? The phone was 6 digit pin locked.
Weirdly, i was billed Rs500 from itunes the next day of the phone being lost. I have not bought anything in itunes and neither has my wife. So just to be safe, i blocked my credit card which was linked to my iphone.

I'm yet to reach India and hopefully once I get back i intend to check with apple on this issue { i cannot do it now since i dont have the imei number }

Also, is there a way to disable the phone by blocking the imei number? Who should i contact for this?

please let me know your thoughts.
Old 14th October 2016, 18:38   #9476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
For protection I would suggest go for the original leather covers. I agree they are expensive and they wear out with time. But I have been using it for 1.5 years and it has saved my phone from so many falls. It cushions are phone well and also has a nice soft padding that doesn't let dust accumulate on the inside of the cover saving it from scratches.
one of the best secure phone cases are made by otterbox. i have used them in my iphones over the last 4 years and can safely say that not once has the phone got damaged. you can order thru their asia {HK}site and they ship it to india thru fedex. In some cases they also ship a privacy tempered glass free of cost { which is awesome }. The only flip side is that the cases are very functional and are little bit bulky and pricey too. They cost around 3.5k landed in india, i dont think thats bad considering the phone is 40-50k anyway.

Last edited by motorworks : 14th October 2016 at 18:39.
Old 14th October 2016, 19:09   #9477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
one of the best secure phone cases are made by otterbox. i have used them in my iphones over the last 4 years and can safely say that not once has the phone got damaged. you can order thru their asia {HK}site and they ship it to india thru fedex. In some cases they also ship a privacy tempered glass free of cost { which is awesome }. The only flip side is that the cases are very functional and are little bit bulky and pricey too. They cost around 3.5k landed in india, i dont think thats bad considering the phone is 40-50k anyway.

That's why the alternative to otter is the case mate touch series that I've been using. Brilliant built quality and keeps it as safe with a little less bulk in profile.
Ordered through stuffcools website. The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1476452336.224505.jpg
Old 14th October 2016, 20:47   #9478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
hi all,

unfortunately my brand new iphone 6s got lost / stolen during my trip to china. I tried to track the phone thru find my iphone, but the phone has been offline since the time it was lost. I think only once it connected to the network. I did log in to icloud and enable the "lost mode".
Now, im pretty sure that I wont get my phone back, but wanted to know if there is anyway the person who is holding the phone can access my information? The phone was 6 digit pin locked.
Weirdly, i was billed Rs500 from itunes the next day of the phone being lost. I have not bought anything in itunes and neither has my wife. So just to be safe, i blocked my credit card which was linked to my iphone.

I'm yet to reach India and hopefully once I get back i intend to check with apple on this issue { i cannot do it now since i dont have the imei number }

Also, is there a way to disable the phone by blocking the imei number? Who should i contact for this?

please let me know your thoughts.

If find my iphone was on, the iphone has an icloud activation lock on it. It is pretty close to impossible to even utilise the phone, forget access the data on it.
Your phone will be sold to the repair guys, who will salvage it for spare parts.
For itunes, billing sometimes happens much after the actual purchase, happens to me pretty often.
Old 15th October 2016, 11:34   #9479
BHPian

I have a question. If I buy an iphone 5s and it has some issue, will the service center replace the 5s ?
Old 15th October 2016, 12:55   #9480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have a question. If I buy an iphone 5s and it has some issue, will the service center replace the 5s ?

The service centres ( or main apple service stockist in Bangalore) have all sorts of phased out phones to offer as replacement. My mother's 5C was replaced 6 months ( Thanks to the extended warranty) back with the exact color and size ( brand new and not refurbished), inspite of not being available in retail. I was hoping for an upgrade, but no such luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks