Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2016, 11:06   #9556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Honestly after getting the 7 plus i expected a bug free experience, Still no sight of that, Came across 5-6 bugs in the phone which is really annoying, Specially after spending 80 grands on a phone! But well its an amazing phone no doubt, And after a couple of more software updates its going to get better.

Well I recently got my phone as well, after a long wait and pulling a lot of strings. And I have to say it is a big change from my 5s

On a side note, you should have waited for the Jet Black. It is actually a phone which you will look at multiple times a day just for that amazing colour.

So I got the clear coat done on the phone. The front has the matte finish while the rear is glossy to keep the look intact. Wanted to get matte for rear too, but it would've dulled down the colour too much.
Anyway here are some pictures. The phone went from the box into the clear coat. Only started it using after that. Now the phone looks awesome without the cover and is protected too.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477892060.403668.jpg

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477892072.853648.jpg

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477892083.027586.jpg
Old 31st October 2016, 12:05   #9557
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
My phone was running 10.0.4 beta.

What gives!
Something was hung behind the scenes, easiest thing to do in such situation is kill all apps and do a restart.

Why are you on 10.0.4 beta? 10.1 is out right? Or is it only for new phones? Keep in mind beta's are really not recommended for daily use devices, if you want reliability.
Old 31st October 2016, 12:55   #9558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Something was hung behind the scenes, easiest thing to do in such situation is kill all apps and do a restart.

Why are you on 10.0.4 beta? 10.1 is out right? Or is it only for new phones? Keep in mind beta's are really not recommended for daily use devices, if you want reliability.

Yep, killed everything and used the a/c to cool the phone. Hasn't heated up since then. At that time I was using Facebook and WhatsApp. In fact the entire evening and nothing happened. But stuck in traffic and checking Facebook - the worlds comes crashing upon me

Came home and upgraded to 10.1.

Say, anyone having battery drain issues with 10.1?
Old 1st November 2016, 13:27   #9559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Say, anyone having battery drain issues with 10.1?
I had battery issues right after upgrade, however settled down to normal drain after a couple of days
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:27   #9560
BHPian

I had deleted the News App from Apple by mistake and am not able to restore it from the App Store. Looked for it but couldn't find it. If anyone sends me a news link it says this link needs the News App and redirects me to the App Store but I can't find it there to download. Am a news junkie and need this app. I installed Googles News App but would like the Apple one back too.
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:48   #9561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had deleted the News App from Apple by mistake and am not able to restore it from the App Store.
Are you referring to widget for news? I think that you can enable by scrolling down to the end and click on edit then enable back.

Meanwhile 10.1.1 is out with some updates to health app to fix bugs it said.
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:58   #9562
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to widget for news?
No, there is a native Apple News App and this appears as a widget if installed.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:38   #9563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, there is a native Apple News App and this appears as a widget if installed.
Hope you have done the following to see if it is getting restored?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204221
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:44   #9564
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a quote of Rs. 16000/- for replacing the iphone 4S display by Apple authorised service center.
I think I'm better off looking for an old 4S with a conked off board or something like that.
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:00   #9565
BHPian

Quote:
Yes already tried this and could not find the app in the App Store. It could be a region thing maybe. I scrolled through 100s of new apps and could not find the native one on the App Store. Am on lates iOS beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Got a quote of Rs. 16000/- for replacing the iphone 4S display by Apple authorised service center.
I got my iPhone 4 screen changed for 1300 in Chennai's Ritchie st. It works well but the guy didn't fix it back properly. I then had a friend tighten it all over again for me and it looks like new. This is two months back. Definitely worth the money.
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:34   #9566
BHPian

I bought a case from Croma for iphone 7 matte black and the case has caused some scratches on the antenna lines near the speaker. i have now removed the case and using the iphone naked. Can I use the phone with those scratches? Its just a week old. Can i ask Croma store for a replacement? Also can you please suggest where i can get a clear skin coat in Bangalore ?
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:38   #9567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I bought a case from Croma for iphone 7 matte black and the case has caused some scratches on the antenna lines near the speaker. i have now removed the case and using the iphone naked. Can I use the phone with those scratches? Its just a week old. Can i ask Croma store for a replacement? Also can you please suggest where i can get a clear skin coat in Bangalore ?
I do not think you can ask for a replacement just because of few scratches which is a result of you using that case. It is one of the reason why I always uses cases from Apple because they do not scratch the device.
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:53   #9568
BHPian

Is anybody facing touch ID issues after 10/10.1? My 6's touch ID is not as smooth after 10 and having failed attempts quite regularly.
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:07   #9569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I got my iPhone 4 screen changed for 1300 in Chennai's Ritchie st. It works well but the guy didn't fix it back properly. I then had a friend tighten it all over again for me and it looks like new. This is two months back. Definitely worth the money.
Local shops have quoted 2K for the same. How good is the changed display? How does the touch and display crispness feels like; ESP when pitched up against the original one that you got replaced?
Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:12   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Is anybody facing touch ID issues after 10/10.1? My 6's touch ID is not as smooth after 10 and having failed attempts quite regularly.
Yes i am facing the same issue with Iphone 7 and iphone 6S .The issue is more prominent while receiving the calls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks