Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 05:49   #9676
BHPian

iOS 10.2 is out. I updated it on my iPhone 7. Have to use it fully for a day or two before reporting any issues/feedback. For now seems like the update didn't break anything.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/12/ios-10-2-now-available/
Old 13th December 2016, 09:40   #9677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

It'll be very helpful if anyone can suggest a way to instal that backup.

I had once experimented with Apple developer account. It allowed me to install self signed apps and even roll back updates on registered devices. Haven't used the developer ID for a while, but I think you'll be able to install the OS with this method. Please check on the developer forums.
Old 13th December 2016, 13:56   #9678
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Does anyone know where to get an Apple watch series 2 in Chandigarh/Gurgaon region. I have been to almost all apple re-seller outlets, nobody seems to have any clue when this watch is going to be available.

Also, any hands on experience by any fellow member here? I am torn between Rose gold (aluminum case) with white sports band and Gold (aluminum case) with navy blue band. I am afraid that Rose gold one would look too feminine.
Old 13th December 2016, 15:28   #9679
BHPian

Has anybody availed the Reliance Jio 1 year free subscription offer on purchasing an iPhone 7/7 plus?

I purchased it from Imagine store in Bangalore. Went to Reliance digital (in Mumbai since I work here) and the rep there said I need a specific code for the 1 year offer. This code is apparently given on spot to people who buy it from Reliance Digital. But since I purchased it from an Apple store, I need to get the code from them.

Contacted Apple multiple times, after many "Jio guy has not come today sir" excuses, they redirected me to some senior representative and she said that there is no specific code to be generated through apple. I have to download the MyJio app and the 1 year offer would be applied automatically when the barcode is generated.

Did that now, barcode has been generated, but the screen says "Offer valid till 31st March, 2017" (not 31st December, 2017 as claimed by them).

No idea if I just jeopardized my chances of availing this offer, or it gets availed automatically.

Anyone who did this already? Will be going to Reliance Digital this evening. Any info would be of great help.
Old 13th December 2016, 15:37   #9680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Has anybody availed the Reliance Jio 1 year free subscription offer on purchasing an iPhone 7/7 plus?

I purchased it from Imagine store in Bangalore. Went to Reliance digital (in Mumbai since I work here) and the rep there said I need a specific code for the 1 year offer. This code is apparently given on spot to people who buy it from Reliance Digital. But since I purchased it from an Apple store, I need to get the code from them.

Contacted Apple multiple times, after many "Jio guy has not come today sir" excuses, they redirected me to some senior representative and she said that there is no specific code to be generated through apple. I have to download the MyJio app and the 1 year offer would be applied automatically when the barcode is generated.

Did that now, barcode has been generated, but the screen says "Offer valid till 31st March, 2017" (not 31st December, 2017 as claimed by them).

No idea if I just jeopardized my chances of availing this offer, or it gets availed automatically.

Anyone who did this already? Will be going to Reliance Digital this evening. Any info would be of great help.
Thank you!! Please keep me posted! I am planning to port my number to Jio. I will also be visiting the Reliance digital store today. Will let you know if I get more details.
Old 13th December 2016, 17:54   #9681
BHPian

Update : I visited the reliance digital store. They said that the store from where I purchased will generate a coupon code for apple offer then only they can apply it. Jio person in Tata Croma store from where I purchased is not available today. So I will check with him tomorrow and update here.
Old 14th December 2016, 02:26   #9682
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Guys I need some urgent help here. My iPhone 6 is not responding to the charger. Tried different chargers but to no avail. I have to keep on trying and after maybe 7-8 attempts of pulling out the charger and reinserting it the phone is responding.

Pretty sure the issue is with the phone. Now I will be in Noida for the next 2.5 days but I will hardly get any time since we have full day training sessions there. However, I am flying to the US on Saturday. I believe apple will want to replace the phone with a hefty fee which I am not willing to pay. What are my options? Are there any good after market non apple service centres which can fix my phone for good in Noida or the US????
P.S phone is out of warranty

Last edited by Pancham : 14th December 2016 at 02:28.
Old 14th December 2016, 03:20   #9683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I need some urgent help here. My iPhone 6 is not responding to the charger. Tried different chargers but to no avail. I have to keep on trying and after maybe 7-8 attempts of pulling out the charger and reinserting it the phone is responding.

Pretty sure the issue is with the phone. Now I will be in Noida for the next 2.5 days but I will hardly get any time since we have full day training sessions there. However, I am flying to the US on Saturday. I believe apple will want to replace the phone with a hefty fee which I am not willing to pay. What are my options? Are there any good after market non apple service centres which can fix my phone for good in Noida or the US????
P.S phone is out of warranty

Can you clean the charging port and try? I once cleaned a colleagues port and I was surprised at the amount of lint that came out. I only had a safety pin at that moment and you should see the look on his face when I pulled the pin.

Use a needle or a pin and pull out the dirt. Please do so very gently. An old soft toothbrush can be used to clean the speaker and mic grills.
Old 14th December 2016, 18:26   #9684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Update : I visited the reliance digital store. They said that the store from where I purchased will generate a coupon code for apple offer then only they can apply it. Jio person in Tata Croma store from where I purchased is not available today. So I will check with him tomorrow and update here.
Any update regarding this?

I went to Reliance Digital and I was told that to avail the 1 year offer, I either have to get the coupon code generated from the store or visit the Reliance Jio official store.
Old 14th December 2016, 18:34   #9685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Any update regarding this?

I went to Reliance Digital and I was told that to avail the 1 year offer, I either have to get the coupon code generated from the store or visit the Reliance Jio official store.

Yes the same thing for me. Croma guys didn't know how to generate the code. Anyways I went ahead and did MNP to Jio with welcome and happy new year offer. We should have bought it reliance digital while buying the iPhone 7.
Old 14th December 2016, 18:36   #9686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hope you tried changing the cable also, i had faced similar issue due to a defective cable once. Otherwise try to clean the terminals carefully with soft cloth and see if it helps.
Old 14th December 2016, 19:05   #9687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope you tried changing the cable also, i had faced similar issue due to a defective cable once. Otherwise try to clean the terminals carefully with soft cloth and see if it helps.
Tried everything. Nothing works. have another question:

A friend of mine lent me an IP4s for the time being. How do I sign her ID out of the phone and sign in with my apple ID?? I keep getting password prompts for her account and thats irritating.
Old 14th December 2016, 19:20   #9688
BHPian

Quote:
Tried everything. Nothing works. have another question:

A friend of mine lent me an IP4s for the time being. How do I sign her ID out of the phone and sign in with my apple ID?? I keep getting password prompts for her account and thats irritating.
Did you try changing the power adapter? I too had the same issue. Changing power adapter worked for me.

You can sign in with your apple ID at the following location:

Settings->Itunes & App stores->Click on the Apple ID->Sign out->then, sign in with your own Apple ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
We should have bought it reliance digital while buying the iPhone 7.
Just wondering, Is the 1 year offer valid on new MNP as well? (e.g. Airtel to Jio in my case)?
Old 14th December 2016, 19:23   #9689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post

Just wondering, Is the 1 year offer valid on new MNP as well? (e.g. Airtel to Jio in my case)?

No. The offer is valid on iPhone SE , 6s and plus and 7 and plus models bought after 7th October from reliance digital or apple authorised seller.
Old 14th December 2016, 20:09   #9690
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Did you try changing the power adapter? I too had the same issue. Changing power adapter worked for me.

You can sign in with your apple ID at the following location:

Settings->Itunes & App stores->Click on the Apple ID->Sign out->then, sign in with your own Apple ID.

I did not get to dry any other adapter. But I tried different USB cables with the same adapter and with the laptop. The phone is perfectly fine except this issue. I guess I swore too much by apple's reliability. You can never be sure about electronic devices

Most Viewed