Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 15:30   #9751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I cracked the IP7 screen. It dropped from knee length and the bottom right corner chipped.

I'd be off to Bahrain in 2 week on a long term assignment, does it make sense to get it fixed there.

It could be cheaper in Bahrain. Recently I cracked my iPhone 6s in Abu Dhabi and the apple store there changed it for 8.5k.

Check the price of replacing in Bahrain online.
Old 8th January 2017, 08:27   #9752
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Currently, no apps are available. You can use the inbuilt browser of your smart tv or else connect a laptop/desktop to the tv and use your browser of choice.
Amazon video app is there for android tv.
I use it in my Sony 4K TV
Old 24th January 2017, 20:39   #9753
Team-BHP Support

My Mac showed an MacOS and iTunes update so I checked for any updates on the iPhone.

There's the 10.2.1, got mine updated earlier today. About 80 Mb for the iPhone 6; but took a while to install.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/new-io...holes-get-now/
Old 24th January 2017, 21:00   #9754
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post

I don't want to rest this case here. I will take it up on their social media page.
Please let me know if you have contact details of any top management with whom i can take this case up.

I never expected this from Apple. I really like the products. I have built apple ecosystem at home. I have Airport extreme, MacBook Air 11, 3 iPhones.

Write a mail in detail to tcook@apple.com and see what happens.

When Amazon refused to give me gift card on a certain promotion, I tried multiple avenues to raise a complaint. Finally in a last ditch effort, sent a mail to jeff@amazon.com . In 3-4 days I had reply from an Amazon India person with my mail to Jeff Bezos attached saying sorry for delay and there was a system error - gift card was promptly added to my account.
Old 27th January 2017, 08:52   #9755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Write a mail in detail to tcook@apple.com and see what happens.
Thanks. I sent an email to this email address just after posting my experience here.
Still no reply. I have lost complete faith in apple customer care.
Old 27th January 2017, 09:03   #9756
Distinguished - BHPian

I seem to have a problem with the home button of my 6S. There is a second click now when I press the home button. Basically it seems to have moved out of its position so when I press it there is an initial depression and later on the actual button press happens. I had read about this issue earlier in this thread. Are apple still issuing new replacements or do they repair such issues? With my earlier iphone 6, I had got the phone replaced twice with brand new phones, due to the front camera having a misplaced spacer ring.
Old 27th January 2017, 10:11   #9757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I seem to have a problem with the home button of my 6S.
This can be easily fixed if you take it to any service center. I use the soft button which comes on when you enable assistive touch to prevent this hardware issue. I had this on my iPhone 4 and since then mainly use the assistive touch option.
Old 1st February 2017, 17:56   #9758
Senior - BHPian

I've made my iPhone 7 Plus into a dual SIM phone. I run my business Vodafone number on PIECE and it's connected with bluetooth to the iPhone and I run a Jio SIM on that for the data. I've given up on Vodafone 3G as it's very slow compared to Jio. I've had PIECE for a week now and it's working well it runs on 550mAH battery and in my use needs to be charged once in 24 hrs. It costs ₹4670 and is available online at Yerha.com. It's very small and fit's neatly into your pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_0491.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 1st February 2017 at 17:57.
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:07   #9759
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I recently purchased an Iphone 6s for my wife. Previously we were on Android based phones. I had backed up the messages and whatsapp on google drive prior to switching devices. How do i get the data transferred to the iPhone?

Also, what is the quickest way to transfer data from the phone to a PC? I use Windows 10 Home with iTunes, but do not see an option to copy from the phone to the PC.
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:24   #9760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I've made my iPhone 7 Plus into a dual SIM phone. I run my business Vodafone number on PIECE and it's connected with bluetooth to the iPhone and I run a Jio SIM on that for the data. I've given up on Vodafone 3G as it's very slow compared to Jio. I've had PIECE for a week now and it's working well it runs on 550mAH battery and in my use needs to be charged once in 24 hrs. It costs ₹4670 and is available online at Yerha.com. It's very small and fit's neatly into your pocket.
Thanks for sharing interesting gadgetry, thats a great find & seems very curious accessory. For sure lack of dual sim capability on iPhone is a matter of concern to try any new operator and we cant just put enough faith in Jio yet. This info comes as interesting try for iPhone users!!
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:04   #9761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I've made my iPhone 7 Plus into a dual SIM phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
For sure lack of dual sim capability on iPhone is a matter of concern to try any new operator and we cant just put enough faith in Jio yet.
I was hesitating to purchase this device but now that it works well it surely can be considered as an option.
I purchased the dual sim Oneplus 3T for my wife and am very happy with the performance of it. I am considering selling my Iphone 6 plus and purchasing the OP3T myself mainly due to the sheer speed and performance of the OP3T. And I have the Jio sim too and am carrying around 2 iphones and finding it to be an irritation.
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:25   #9762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I was hesitating to purchase this device but now that it works well it surely can be considered as an option.
I purchased the dual sim Oneplus 3T for my wife and am very happy with the performance of it. I am considering selling my Iphone 6 plus and purchasing the OP3T myself mainly due to the sheer speed and performance of the OP3T. And I have the Jio sim too and am carrying around 2 iphones and finding it to be an irritation.
to the point about performance and fluidness in Oneplus3/3T.My Dad uses OP3 and its super cool phone.

But hey an iPhone is an iPhone and its always distinct, cant be described in words, and I am on iPhone cloud/wonderland!

I might consider Talkase, another product in that website! Wondering how would whatsapp react to the Jio Sim in phone and registered sim in PIECE/TALKASE. Interesting thing, @Durango Dude any pointers/help please since your are using PIECE! Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:31   #9763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have the Jio sim too and am carrying around 2 iphones and finding it to be an irritation.
I have heard that JIO is not supporting iOS devices.
whether you have overcome this issue and using JIO in iPhone for voice & data?
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:18   #9764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have heard that JIO is not supporting iOS devices.
whether you have overcome this issue and using JIO in iPhone for voice & data?
JIO very much support iOS devices. I am using one on my iPhone 6S. It works perfectly. However, couldn't make WiFi calling to work though. I mean there is an option to enable Wifi calling, but its not working.
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:54   #9765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
to the point about performance and fluidness in Oneplus3/3T.My Dad uses OP3 and its super cool phone.
The issue with my Android phone usage is that after a year or so, the new offerings tempt me too much, because come what may, the current phone has slowed down and no new updates ever come to it. With iOs, even after 3 years, never feels the need to keep on changing my hardware. In the long run, iPhones seem economical. Been a primary iPhone user, since last 5 years. Keep an Android for office use ( and it stays in office).

Most Viewed