Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 14:16   #9901
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

iPhone 6 32 GB available at 29k. Extremely competitive price I feel.

http://www.gadgetsnow.com/mobiles/ap...iweb_hptopnews
Old 6th March 2017, 15:20   #9902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
iPhone 6 32 GB available at 29k. Extremely competitive price I feel.

http://www.gadgetsnow.com/mobiles/ap...iweb_hptopnews
iPhone 7 is available at 50K in Amazon.in
Old 6th March 2017, 15:40   #9903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
iPhone 7 is available at 50K in Amazon.in
Flipkart is giving awesome buyback options for iPhone7 and 7 plus with additional 5% discount.
Old 6th March 2017, 20:25   #9904
BHPian

Sad day for me...I broke my iPhone7's display...it fell from my pocket on stones. Big crack in the glass. Checked with few authorized centers, they are quoting 17-18K. They say that the screen consists of glass, LCD, front camera, sensors and home button...!!! On top of this the service will take a week's time..!!!
Old 6th March 2017, 22:27   #9905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Sad day for me...I broke my iPhone7's display...it fell from my pocket on stones. Big crack in the glass. Checked with few authorized centers, they are quoting 17-18K. They say that the screen consists of glass, LCD, front camera, sensors and home button...!!! On top of this the service will take a week's time..!!!

Ouch! Nothing hurts more than paying almost 1/3rd of the phone itself for the screen. :( India doesn't have the same Genius Bar they have in US for seamless customer service so a week is expected as they're not that expert either. 18k seems to be a little on the higher side, the job should be done in about 14/15k, maybe try some other service center? Also next time please do use a tempered glass screen protector, it only costs 1k for a premium one but definitely saves us big time during incidents like these.
Old 7th March 2017, 22:02   #9906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Ouch! Nothing hurts more than paying almost 1/3rd of the phone itself for the screen. :( India doesn't have the same Genius Bar they have in US for seamless customer service so a week is expected as they're not that expert either. 18k seems to be a little on the higher side, the job should be done in about 14/15k, maybe try some other service center? Also next time please do use a tempered glass screen protector, it only costs 1k for a premium one but definitely saves us big time during incidents like these.

I spent 10k more and replaced the entire phone...to be on a safer side
Old 7th March 2017, 22:59   #9907
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
I spent 10k more and replaced the entire phone...to be on a safer side
What price did they quote you on replacement? And was it available hand to hand?
Old 7th March 2017, 23:39   #9908
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Had a bad experience with apple care. Purchased my iPhone in the US in Feb 2015 with Apple care for one additional year extended warranty. However in May of 2015, some service center messed up one repair and entered my iphones serial number as a phone that was replaced for another customer. This caused my apple care to become invalid as their internal records indicated the serial number to have been replaced.

Sometime in late 2016 I felt the audio to be a bit low and visited the apple center in Chennai. They tested my phone and said no hardware issues but also told me the serial number is incorrect and this phone shouldn't be in my hand. On my last visit to the US I visited an apple store in feb 2017. There they dug up records and found the mistake and told me they will fix it and then permit me to swap out my phone under apple care. It was the last week of my coverage. The manager told me I will get a replacement in 3-5 days and will be given a loaner once my record was set right. However nothing happened and I never did get the call. Wasn't able to replace my phone and never did capitalize on the extra bucks that I paid for peace of mind.

Lesson learnt was to take corrective action early in future and also to probably avoid such plans going forward.

Incidentally I had contacted apple support, Singapore in late 2016 to try and get them to correct my records and was told to contact the store of purchase. I did call the store but got no help there as almost all of them were unable to fathom how a data entry error could have occurred... all in all was money down the drain for me. Sharing my experience so others can correct their situation early to avoid running out of time like happened to me...

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th March 2017 at 08:43. Reason: spaced out the para's...
Old 8th March 2017, 07:59   #9909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
What price did they quote you on replacement? And was it available hand to hand?
Repair cost was 17.5K with 5 working days time (if there is more damage then cost will be more). New one will be ~10K more. There are 2 types of screens coming, (og, and oem as per one service centre). The og one is original and costs 21K, other one is 18K. I was confused at this and went with complete replacement..!! It was available in stock and took 1hr for re-registering the warranty and things to my account.
Old 8th March 2017, 17:49   #9910
BHPian

Guys! I am currently using an IPhone 6 plus (16 gb). It is about 3 yrs old (bought from Australia) and though it is working well without any problems. I am always running short on memory. I have no music on my iPhone and no Facebook either.

I even keep on deleting pics after backup. Still low memory.

In short, looking for a new phone. I am interested in buying iphone 7 plus 128 gb, but find it too expensive. It is available on Amazon.in for 72k. And my local dealer in Noida is asking 79-80k.
Now, the dilemma is weather to wait for a new iPhone or to buy the current one. Also should I buy from Amazon?
Old 8th March 2017, 18:12   #9911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Now, the dilemma is weather to wait for a new iPhone or to buy the current one. Also should I buy from Amazon?
Did you check flipkart ? along with the discounts, and exchange, the price is quite less as compared to what you have mentioned.
Old 8th March 2017, 18:29   #9912
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Flipkart quotes 78k for the iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB.

But they are offering 23k for your iPhone 6 Plus. So effectively you can get this for 55k if you buy it under the exchange scheme.

PS: I think a 256 GB variant is also available so you should explore that too if you think the overall price after exchange falls within your budget.

Last edited by Oxy : 8th March 2017 at 18:33.
Old 8th March 2017, 18:41   #9913
BHPian

Quote:
Guys! I am currently using an IPhone 6 plus (16 gb). It is about 3 yrs old (bought from Australia) and though it is working well without any problems. I am always running short on memory. I have no music on my iPhone and no Facebook either.

I even keep on deleting pics after backup. Still low memory.

In short, looking for a new phone. I am interested in buying iphone 7 plus 128 gb, but find it too expensive. It is available on Amazon.in for 72k. And my local dealer in Noida is asking 79-80k.
I would suggest you wait for the new one but be prepared to wait for another 6 months at-least , Its going to be a 10th anniversary iPhone and you can expect lot of new features and hardware improvements . I still think 72k is big price for any phone. I would suggest you buy a 6S+ 64Gb , if you have any friends from US who can get you , that would be the best place to get the best price . I brought an iPhone 6S 64Gb last month from US for around 400$(~26K INR) . Because I charge and listen to songs in earphones simultaneously , iPhone 7 was never an option :(
Old 8th March 2017, 18:53   #9914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Flipkart quotes 78k for the iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB.

But they are offering 23k for your iPhone 6 Plus. So effectively you can get this for 55k if you buy it under the exchange scheme.

PS: I think a 256 GB variant is also available so you should explore that too if you think the overall price after exchange falls within your budget.
I know that Flipkart is offering me 23k for my fone, but their price is 6k more than Amazon (hence the value of my Iphone 6+ is 17k only) and I already have a buyer ready to buy my iPhone at about 18k.

Hence my effective price would be 55k only.
Old 8th March 2017, 19:00   #9915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I already have a buyer ready to buy my iPhone at about 18k.
Suggest close it with the buyer and that will leave you free to look at options, discounts etc.

Croma has it for 70k. Less 18k will mean 52k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks