Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 09:56   #10231
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
I think jio uses 1800 mhz band and airtel 2300. So, if your phone supports 4G, it should work in India. 5s onwards are all supoorted afaik, SE definitely. .
Not necessarily. With the SE, there are 2 or 3 models. 1662, and 1723 are 2 I remember. Most of the deals I see are for the 1662, but this model does not support the TDE 40 band ( 2300 MHz) that is required for Airtel / etc.
Old 20th July 2017, 10:11   #10232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not necessarily. With the SE, there are 2 or 3 models. 1662, and 1723 are 2 I remember. Most of the deals I see are for the 1662, but this model does not support the TDE 40 band ( 2300 MHz) that is required for Airtel / etc.
Jio owns 850 and 1800 MHz. That should be supported.
Old 20th July 2017, 10:52   #10233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hello iGurus, (please bear with a few questions from a person who has never used an i*** device before)
Hello,

I was using Galaxy S4 and migrated to iphone SE just a month back.

Currently i use both. So I think I will be able to relate to you and answer your queries.

First thing you will miss is the back button and the location of back button. First few days were difficult. now its ok (still I am little confused as I am using both OS).

Then you will miss the availability of options and selecting texts / messages / pictures etc. A simple task of selecting multiple pictures and forwarding it to multiple groups in whatsapp is much difficult in IOS compared to android. In android you just press and hold > select all the images > forward > select recipients > send. In IOS, you press and hold a image>select forward from pop up> select multiple image>select forward icon> select recipients>send. Same goes with message also.

Also the location of back button is always on the top left corner, which is difficult to access in multiple situations.

Moving contacts, sms, pictures etc is easy if you install move to IOS app in your android phone.

Most important, if you frequently switch ON / OFF mobile data, you will be irritated that you will have to go to settings > mobile data > ON / OFF everytime. There is no drop down menu or it is not available in control center.

One more irritant, you cannot do clear all notifications. You have to separately clear each notofication. So if you get too many whats app or emails, you find it difficult.

Also one thing I noticed in my Iphone SE and also in my friend's Iphone 7 is that pressing exactly on the arrow symbol (for going back) doesn't work. You have to press slightly to the right of arrow to make it work.

Now for your last question, I still feel that i will use android again, but for my personal mobile, for its sheer ease of use. For official ones, I prefer IOS.

With iphone SE there is a possibility for lots of mistyping, as the screen size is small.

Also I feel that I have to delete photos at multiple locations to clear. Deleting in one place is not enough. This becomes trouble as I store whatsapp pics in my gallery and I end up deleting pics in atleast 3 places (especially the forwards which we dont want)

And finally I am missing file manager.
32GB i feel is OK if you don't use photos or videos much.

Now for the best part:

1. Battery is AWESOME. Even after 30 mins of whatsapp call, continuous 4G ON, few phone calls and few SMS, the bateery drops only by 3 to 4%, whereas in my samsung I get atleast 15% battery drop. Never have to charge my iphone in my office. I end up with close to 40% by 8 PM if I start with 100% by 5:30 AM. In Samsung I have to charge it by 3 PM.

2. Touch and the call goes, its so blazing fast.

3. Looks so classy

4. Display is OK

5. call reception is too good. No call drops so far

6. Brand value

7. SIRI is fun. Now i speak my messages to my friends.

As for music, I use my samsung. So I cannot comment. But one thing is that the output volume from my iphone is higher compared to S4 for
same earphones and same song.

hope I was of little help to you.

Barath

Last edited by Eddy : 20th July 2017 at 10:58. Reason: Spacing for better readability.
Old 20th July 2017, 12:15   #10234
Senior - BHPian

Thank you barathvajan and all others. (Sorry, I'm not able to keep track of all your handles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Hello,

Then you will miss the availability of options and selecting texts / messages / pictures etc. A simple task of selecting multiple ....
This is a drawback, but I think I'll not use WA on iPhone, I'll use it on another phone.

Quote:
Also the location of back button is always on the top left corner, which is difficult to access in multiple situations.
I think I shouldn't have a problem. It's a small stretch in my Mi4i (5" Display)

Quote:
Moving contacts, sms, pictures etc is easy if you install move to IOS app in your android phone.
As long as I can sync my contacts from google, I'm not bothered.

Quote:
Most important, if you frequently switch ON / OFF mobile data, you will be irritated....
Point noted. Thanks. (I don't think I'll use mobile data as Wifi will be available at my home and university)

Quote:

With iphone SE there is a possibility for lots of mistyping, as the screen size is small.
Aren't there good gesture trail keyboards?

Quote:

And finally I am missing file manager.
32GB i feel is OK if you don't use photos or videos much.
Perfect! I don't mind sending videos to google photos once a week, but I don't want installing updates to be cumbersome.

Quote:
1. Battery is AWESOME....
Awesome. Battery life on Android is decent, but LTE drains battery quickly.

Quote:
4. Display is OK
I thought that >300 PPI is enough?
Maybe Samsungs AMOLED display has spoilt you.

Since I'm mostly buying the iPhone SE, what case do you guys recommend?
I think it'll be cheaper in India.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 20th July 2017 at 12:16.
Old 25th July 2017, 15:56   #10235
Senior - BHPian

Advanced Sound Accessport: Hi-res Audio Amplifier for iPhone

Stumbled accross this on Kickstarter while looking for a solution to the iPhone 7's "charge and listen to music/make calls at the same time" problem.
The company, Advanced Sound, has good reputation in the world of audio from what little research I could do before biting the bullet.
The campaign was selling it for a good discount to early backers so ended up paying $29 for the device and an additional $10 for shipping, bringing the total to $39.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500977993.850194.jpg
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1500978005.143677.jpg

In true Kickstarter fashion, the product was delayed and I received mine a few days back. The promised date of delivery in the campaign was March!
I am no audiophile and have no experience using DAC amplifiers or even high-end earphones so cannot be the best judge of it. But from a regular Joe point-of-view, I can notice the difference it makes. The sound quality is much better with deeper bass and louder audio in general. I have tried them on with my basic 1more Piston earplugs. Plan on getting the M4 in-ear-monitors from Adv.Sound soon (https://www.adv-sound.com/collection...on/products/m4).
Full tech-specs here: https://www.adv-sound.com/products/accessport

So what do the audio gurus have to say? On paper, does it sound like a good purchase? And any BHP-ians who got the Accessport?
Old 27th July 2017, 22:49   #10236
Senior - BHPian

Team, anyone using CarPlay? Reliable? Has google maps been approved yet?
Old 27th July 2017, 23:38   #10237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Team, anyone using CarPlay? Reliable? Has google maps been approved yet?

I am not using CarPlay but know for sure that it is not very useful for navigation right now. Apple maps does not support navigation in India and Google maps is not yet available on CarPlay. There are a few ways to enable Google maps on CarPlay but it always involve jail breaking your iPhone.
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:37   #10238
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Battery drain issues with my 7 plus after updating to iOS 10.3.3.
I woke up at 7 and my phone was at 100% charge and then I slept again waking up at 10:20 only to see that the charge had gone down to 79%. 21-% drop without ANY use. Please note that the phone was on airplane mode and not even the WiFi was turned on.
It's been more than a week since I've updated it and this is the first time this is happening. Many at Reddit forums have also complained about the same.
And also, when I checked the screen on time, it was showing 3 hours and 20 mins as if it was being used the entire time.
Even as I'm typing this my battery is going down 1% every minute. Everything is turned off including background app refresh and location services. I used to get 6 hours SOT minimum.

Someone else facing this issue?

Last edited by iss1307 : 2nd August 2017 at 10:39.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:08   #10239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Battery drain issues with my 7 plus after updating to iOS 10.3.3. Someone else facing this issue?
No battery drain issues with my handset, also a 7+. And the phone is kept switched on 24x7 on a 4G/LTE network.

Check for rogue application drain. Either that or you probably need to calibrate your phone battery.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:11   #10240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
No battery drain issues with my handset, also a 7+. And the phone is kept switched on 24x7 on a 4G/LTE network.

Check for rogue application drain. Either that or you probably need to calibrate your phone battery.

What SOT do you get?
And no application was draining it. As none of them were running in the background. Attaching screenshot for the same. The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501656081.373216.jpg
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:15   #10241
Distinguished - BHPian

I upgraded to 10.3.3 on my 5s yesterday and haven't observed anything abnormal in the last 28 hrs post update.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:16   #10242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Battery drain issues with my 7 plus after updating to iOS 10.3.3.
So i had similar issue with my iphone 7, was running 10.3.2 then. Battery would go down fast and phone started shut down at 15%, sometime 12% and then could be powered back after a while without charging. So i tried restore and hard reset and all, nothing worked. Finally after some digging up learned that DFU restore is the best bet, before taking to apple since the device is still under warranty.

Happy to say that DFU worked and my back up just went up by 3 hours also. The hardware software talk was not happening properly and the phone had gone bonkers before this.

So might be worth a try. Remember while doing DFU restore you have to be careful not to cause any disruptions in the middle, so keep the device fully charged, use a good laptop with ample back up and software fully downloaded on the laptop.
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:26   #10243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What SOT do you get? And no application was draining it. As none of them were running in the background. Attaching screenshot for the same.
How does one check SOT on an iPhone? Here are my battery details for a day and a week.

A full charge lasts me about 1.5 to 2 days. Mostly internet use and low on voice calls.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_8407.png  

The iPhone Thread-img_8406.png  

Last edited by R2D2 : 2nd August 2017 at 19:46. Reason: Added screenshots
Old 2nd August 2017, 23:04   #10244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
How does one check SOT on an iPhone? Here are my battery details for a day and a week.

A full charge lasts me about 1.5 to 2 days. Mostly internet use and low on voice calls.

Scroll down and you'll see usage and standby time there. The Usage time is the SOT.
Old 2nd August 2017, 23:15   #10245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Scroll down and you'll see usage and standby time there. The Usage time is the SOT.
That part doesn't have any info probably because I didn't charge the phone to 100%. Will try with a full battery and share the info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks