Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 00:42   #10291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Received my SE. Surprisingly, it's assembled in India. 😀
Yes, assembled in India. I was kind of expecting that - adding reduced prices to recent plans of Apple India.

Btw, I guess we can re-add any apps removed from the home page ? I am planning to remove stuff like "home" etc.
Old 11th August 2017, 02:47   #10292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes, assembled in India. I was kind of expecting that - adding reduced prices to recent plans of Apple India.

Btw, I guess we can re-add any apps removed from the home page ? I am planning to remove stuff like "home" etc.
Yes you can re-add.

Another query: While setting up the phone for the first I updated to the latest 10.3.3 version. While at it, the phone heated up a lot. Did you face any similar issue. If the SE has heating issues, which I have not read about anywhere, I am surely returning it.
Old 11th August 2017, 07:14   #10293
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can re-add.

Another query: While setting up the phone for the first I updated to the latest 10.3.3 version. While at it, the phone heated up a lot. Did you face any similar issue. If the SE has heating issues, which I have not read about anywhere, I am surely returning it.
Heating while initial setup is common. Nothing to worry. You may see battery drain for next 2 days because of the sync and new set up. After 2 days everything should be fine.
Old 11th August 2017, 07:31   #10294
Distinguished - BHPian

The reduced price sale for iphone looks to be for the 32gb versions, For those who want the 7, it is available @ 43k - that's a discount of 13k. ! The 6s 32gb is at 36k and the 6 ( 32gb) at 24k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Heating while initial setup is common. Nothing to worry. You may see battery drain for next 2 days because of the sync and new set up. After 2 days everything should be fine.
Thanks, Sairam.

Pancham - yes, a little. Not lot. I did think about it, but good you asked here.

Last edited by condor : 11th August 2017 at 07:47.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:10   #10295
BHPian

Ordered iPhone SE for the better half.

Price on Amazon was Rs. 19,999. After exchange of a Redmi 3S and additional cash back on SBI Debit Card, got it for ~Rs. 14.6K.

Good deal, must say.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:11   #10296
BHPian

Quote:
The reduced price sale for iphone looks to be for the 32gb versions, For those who want the 7, it is available @ 43k - that's a discount of 13k. ! The 6s 32gb is at 36k and the 6 ( 32gb) at 24k.

I think the prices were even better in June. I got my 6S 32 GB for 32K from Paytm
Old 11th August 2017, 13:17   #10297
Oxy
BHPian

Meanwhile, I cannot seem to find the SE 128GB version anywhere online.

Don't want to buy it from the Apple iStore, because I know I will be ripped off there.
Old 11th August 2017, 13:58   #10298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you tried these options to reset the password? Link has the details....
Jaggu, please help me make a decision. Presently using iPhone 6, tossed between iPhone 7 and One Plus 5. I know its a silly confusion lot of people have. iPhone syncs easy with my MBook Air and Bose Bluetooth Headset. Other than that, I cant find anything interesting ! I hate the camera on 6, its going back 6 years in history. Selfie cam is a joke. Home button click is a nuisance in the night. I like everything about the One Plus 5 because I had the 1 and 3. Only negative is its size. I am now so used to this 4.7 inch bodies. Its a perfect fit in the palm.

Confusion is the specs and price between the 2 in question. I have to pay 10k more for an iPhone 7. One Plus has many interesting features including the superb camera, battery, RAM, dash charge etc.
Old 11th August 2017, 14:13   #10299
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Confusion is the specs and price between the 2 in question. I have to pay 10k more for an iPhone 7. One Plus has many interesting features including the superb camera, battery, RAM, dash charge etc.

The whole bit with Apple is that it's never one device, we are always synced in with the Mac and the iPad/pod.

If not in a hurry wait for September. The word is that they will release the S versions as well as the 8 simultaneously. It should be available by Jan in India.

Irrespective of the hardware, which we hardly use to full capacity,the IOS is simple to use. I struggle to use an android device. The apps just feel far superior and easy to use on the IOS.

If it boils down to price, the IPhone 5SE 32gb at 20k is fantastic value given that the hardware is straight from the 6s.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 11th August 2017 at 14:19.
Old 11th August 2017, 14:20   #10300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unless you want to wait for next release, isn't the one+ an obvious choice?
Old 11th August 2017, 14:26   #10301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The whole bit with Apple is that it's never one device, we are always synced in with the Mac and the iPad/pod. ....IPhone 5SE 32gb at 20k is fantastic value given that the hardware is straight from the 6s.
Agree 100% ! Unfortunately my car does not support Apple car play ! Never checked 5SE specs, not keen on that number 5, but 7 is my lucky number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Unless you want to wait for next release, isn't the one+ an obvious choice?
If they made it in 4.7 inch, yes it would have been an easier decision
Old 11th August 2017, 14:43   #10302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If they made it in 4.7 inch, yes it would have been an easier decision
Just one week and you will get used to any screen size, large or small. It is just matter of time. Pocketing is the larger issue i would look at.
Old 12th August 2017, 12:22   #10303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Pancham I orderd this case Celkase from amazon instead of the Spigen:
Quote:
This looks good too. Mine came with a INR 300 cash back.
It did not look good. Rather, looks cheap. Does not match the iPhone. Returning it
Old 12th August 2017, 16:00   #10304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It did not look good. Rather, looks cheap. Does not match the iPhone. Returning it

Check out my case. Little expensive but feels great in hand.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:57   #10305
BHPian

Got 2 iPhone SEs this Amazon sale. The rose gold one is "Assembled in India" while the Space Grey is a China assembly.

I was under an impression that all the iPhone SEs are India assembled for Indian market. Guess the demand has shot up so much that re-sellers are still relying on China imports or the Bengaluru facility is not making iPhone SEs to their full capacity. But how is the cost of both iPhones the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks