Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 11:19   #10666
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Any users on Vodafone network here in Mumbai facing issues with 3G data? I am on Iphone 6S and have not upgraded to iOS 11. Whenever I used to switch on Mobile data, I used to get 3G 99% of the times. But these days, I am just getting ‘E’ signal 99% of the times. Any idea how can I rectify this? Do I need to reset some network settings? I have not made any changes to my telephone plan or phone settings.
Old 30th November 2017, 13:08   #10667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Any users on Vodafone network here in Mumbai facing issues with 3G data? .
I am on Voda Mumbai. My 4G drops to 3G more than earlier. Never on EDGE though. Office is in Deonar and I stay in Dadar. Maybe your location could also matter. Try changing to a newer sim. Why not 4G yet?
Old 30th November 2017, 14:30   #10668
BHPian

Quote:
Any users on Vodafone network here in Mumbai facing issues with 3G data? I am on Iphone 6S and have not upgraded to iOS 11. Whenever I used to switch on Mobile data, I used to get 3G 99% of the times. But these days, I am just getting ‘E’ signal 99% of the times. Any idea how can I rectify this? Do I need to reset some network settings? I have not made any changes to my telephone plan or phone settings.
I understand you have upgraded your SIM Card to 4G.
I had this issue a couple of months back and asked almost a similar question on this forum. My issue was that I would not get any net connection most of the times or it would show as E and had to restart the device all over again. However recently I don't see this issue with my 5s. I was already on 4G sim card when this issue started. And I don't know how it was solved or even not sure if this has been 'temporarily' solved.
Regards
Sravan
Old 30th November 2017, 14:58   #10669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Me, my wife, my friend and his wife are facing the exact same problem with our respective iPhone 5s, since the past couple of months. And all 4 of us use Airtel network in Hyderabad. The only difference is that my wife is still using iOS 10.3.3 while the rest 3 of us are on iOS 11.

I believe this has got to do with the deteriorating network quality (due to falling profits?) across the country. I have been seeing a difference in network quality across different cities in the past few months. Even within my home, where I used to get strong 4G network almost a year ago, I get a feeble 3G or 'E'. I am also facing frequent call drops in my day to day use.
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:19   #10670
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thanks. Went ahead with your suggestion and got the version iPhone X 256gb

Besides the compatibility does the Qualcomm modem have any benefits?
Saw this news today, just as I had predicted.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/The-...model_id100352
Old 2nd December 2017, 22:37   #10671
BHPian

iOS 11.2 is now official. Anyone updated to it yet?
Old 3rd December 2017, 02:59   #10672
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post

My phone was updated a couple of hours ago. I have not used it enough to see any difference so far.
I shall update if i face any issues.
Old 3rd December 2017, 03:31   #10673
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
My phone was updated a couple of hours ago. I have not used it enough to see any difference so far.
I shall update if i face any issues.
There shouldn't be any issues I suppose. Not read any negative reviews yet.
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:55   #10674
BHPian

Quote:

I have been using 11.2 from beta days. No issues faced so far.
Old 3rd December 2017, 09:44   #10675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Updated yesterday morning. So far so good. But small change - disconnect from Wi-fi from the swipe up control center and a message pops up which says the phone will remain disconnected from that network for 24 hours. It wasn't there before.
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:25   #10676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Updated yesterday morning. So far so good. But small change - disconnect from Wi-fi from the swipe up control center and a message pops up which says the phone will remain disconnected from that network for 24 hours. It wasn't there before.

That is an apt information message I suppose but not after everyone are aware of it though.

I do not think there is any significant update for iPhone 7/8 or below models? Any research on that?
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:31   #10677
BHPian

Quote:
That is an apt information message I suppose but not after everyone are aware of it though.

I do not think there is any significant update for iPhone 7/8 or below models? Any research on that?

This update is supposed to add Apple Pay Cash, and fixes a UI lag in the calculator, along with couple of security fixes. They added prompts and slightly changed colors of toggles of control centre also. Since we do not have Apple Pay in India, update on the whole is insignificant.
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:35   #10678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
the whole is insignificant.

I strongly agree to this. Nonetheless I wish they worked on improving battery life on most models especially when using mobile data and when the device goes into a no signal zone or less coverage area.
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:19   #10679
Senior - BHPian

I recently changed from Redmi 3s (bought for Rs 5k in Nov 2016) to an iPhone 6 plus (bought for Rs 70k sometime in early 2016).
I lost the redmi and was handed over the iphone6 plus which was being used by my mom as we bought the 8plus for her.

I know its quite ridiculous to compare the iphone to the redmi 3s, but if you can look past the hardware, its the software with which you interact the most. Here are my views.

1) I don't want to buy a new device, but I am itching to go back to Android.

2) Redmi was a much better business phone. I have two main uses: recording meetings / calls and accessing G-Docs. While I can't record calls in iPhone, I just feel accessing G-docs, Gdrive is a bit cumbersome in iPhone.

3) Paying for ola cabs. Redmi used to automatically read the credit card PIN for seamless payments. In Iphone its a multi step process.

4) Google Assistant. I was hooked on to it. It just knew what type of news I wanted and would flash it as I opened the phone. Plus, I really did interact with Google assistant a lot throughout the day. Siri is useless and after struggling for a while I have stopped using it.

5) I just feel Google ecosystem is vastly superior and vibrant. Plus the apps I access the most are Gmail, G doc, Gdrive, G maps, G music, Youtube and I wonder what am I doing stuck with an iPhone.

6) Only feel great/excellent about the iPhone while taking pictures and listening to music.

7) Iphone, though has held up quite well. The battery still has a lot of juice after being in use for close to 2 years, charges quickly and it easily lasts for over a day for my usage. Also the phone still looks new and feels quite solid.

Last edited by rrsteer : 3rd December 2017 at 12:22.
Old 3rd December 2017, 14:14   #10680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

5) I just feel Google ecosystem is vastly superior and vibrant. Plus the apps I access the most are Gmail, G doc, Gdrive, G maps, G music, Youtube and I wonder what am I doing stuck.

Add Google Assistant - it shows that, you're used to the Google ecosystem. In fact, the ecosystem was started by Apple.

So, it's not a question of which one is superior, but getting used to. I use both the systems and the major problem with iOS is it's restrictive practices. Apple hardware is good, but at that price point, Android is equally good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks