Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 10:45   #10681
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

iOS 11.2 has glitches? Battery life of my iPhone 7 appears reduced, especially when using Safari and Jio Music.
Old 5th December 2017, 10:52   #10682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
iOS 11.2 has glitches? Battery life of my iPhone 7 appears reduced, especially when using Safari and Jio Music.
I've been through a few charge cycles and have noticed no change in battery life just yet. It may be the apps (for e.g. Jio music) that need to be watched via battery usage details.
Old 5th December 2017, 11:27   #10683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I know its quite ridiculous to compare the iphone to the redmi 3s, but if you can look past the hardware, its the software with which you interact the most. Here are my views.
Agree to your views. For ones who are used to android freedom, iphone is too restrictive. No call recording, no reading SMS pins directly, photos not getting saved in proper directory (in android, whatsapp photos get own folder, but not iphone), no easy google keyboard for regional languages and many other restrictions. On top of that, the idiotic behaviour of new toggle panel to no longer switching off Bluetooth/wifi shows added arrogance. You simply can't make the phone do what you want, but rather you have to adjust yourself to what it does.

I like the small form factor of my iPhone SE, and it runs well. Notably the camera is good. But such restrictions really bug me.

EDIT: Another irritant, it can't use simply voice commands offline. Why do I need to send my voice to apple servers just to have the phone call someone? Even my non-smartphones 10 years ago had this basic functionality.

Last edited by ani_meher : 5th December 2017 at 11:28.
Old 5th December 2017, 11:31   #10684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
...photos not getting saved in proper directory (in android, whatsapp photos get own folder, but not iphone)
Even I have the iPhone SE. Photos do get saved automatically to Whatsapp folder by default.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:14   #10685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I feel it is sorted out in 11.2, but it is too early to comment.You are right about safari being a battery hog on 11.1.x
Old 5th December 2017, 14:54   #10686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
Even I have the iPhone SE. Photos do get saved automatically to Whatsapp folder by default.
How? Whatsapp - Settings - Chat has option 'Save to camera roll' which will clutter the camera roll with whatsapp forwards. I couldn't find anything online that says otherwise. Can you please guide how to enable saving whatsapp photos in its folder?
Old 5th December 2017, 15:13   #10687
BHPian

Quote:
How? Whatsapp - Settings - Chat has option 'Save to camera roll' which will clutter the camera roll with whatsapp forwards. I couldn't find anything online that says otherwise. Can you please guide how to enable saving whatsapp photos in its folder?
Here is where i find the separate Whatsapp folder:

Photos->You will see 4 icons at the bottom of the screen viz..Photos, Memories, Shared and Albums -> Click on Albums. The last folder will be "Whatsapp". AFAIK i didn't change any setting.

Which iOS are you on? I am on 11.1.1.
Old 5th December 2017, 15:16   #10688
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get the iPhone jio buyback offer. Bought the iPhone 8 Plus, ported to jio and took the mentioned 799 plan. But you are also supposed to apply for the plan through the MyJio app. But the banner just does not show up.

Have spoken to online customer care and the jio shop I got the phone from. Both are confused
Old 5th December 2017, 15:31   #10689
BHPian

Quote:
How?
It won’t just save to the Whatsapp folder which is automatically created when you save a picture from Whatsapp. It will show in your camera roll along with a new folder at the bottom like how k88k mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-5685d710041b472087a8b608f67cff6a.png  

Last edited by riteshritesh : 5th December 2017 at 15:33.
Old 5th December 2017, 18:47   #10690
Senior - BHPian

Updated to iOS 11.2 yesterday. Facing a lot of call drops. Am getting a system failure notice saying call failed. Never used to get such a message before. Also 4G suddenly becomes 3G and loses internet connectivity. What could the problem be?
Old 5th December 2017, 23:24   #10691
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

After I updated to 11.2 I see that the notification screen when locked is messed. The text of the notification used to fit in on its box accurately one below the other. But now the text pours out and extends beyond the box and it looks ugly. When I scroll down and go up the text wraps up within its box.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 5th December 2017 at 23:25.
Old 6th December 2017, 11:45   #10692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Updated to iOS 11.2 yesterday. Facing a lot of call drops. Am getting a system failure notice saying call failed. Never used to get such a message before. Also 4G suddenly becomes 3G and loses internet connectivity. What could the problem be?
I have been getting " Call Failed" from ever since I remember and the option to Call Back. Try removing the sim, cleaning it and putting it back along with a complete shut down and restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
After I updated to 11.2 I see that the notification screen when locked is messed. The text of the notification used to fit in on its box accurately one below the other. But now the text pours out and extends beyond the box and it looks ugly. When I scroll down and go up the text wraps up within its box.
Can you post a screenshot? I can't see such a thing on mine. Maybe try to shut down and restart to see if that solves the problem.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:30   #10693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
It won’t just save to the Whatsapp folder which is automatically created when you save a picture from Whatsapp. It will show in your camera roll along with a new folder at the bottom like how k88k mentioned.
Is there a folder for photos clicked by the camera only? Because when I go to all photos folder to see my camera's photos, it is cluttered with whatsapp photos. In whatsapp folder, the respective photos show up properly.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:55   #10694
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a folder for photos clicked by the camera only? Because when I go to all photos folder to see my camera's photos, it is cluttered with whatsapp photos. In whatsapp folder, the respective photos show up properly.
I am not sure if I will succeed without a pictorial,but anyhowz
1) Inside Photos app you will see Photos,Memories, Albums tab at the bottom.
2) If Albums tab is selected ( and blue), you will see Camera Roll, Favourites, People, Places, Videos, Selfies, Live Photos, etc etc.
3) if you select the Photos Tab at the bottom, you should be able to see all your pure photos without the Whats App pictures.
Old 6th December 2017, 14:13   #10695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I am not sure if I will succeed without a pictorial,but anyhowz
1) Inside Photos app you will see Photos,Memories, Albums tab at the bottom.
2) If Albums tab is selected ( and blue), you will see Camera Roll, Favourites, People, Places, Videos, Selfies, Live Photos, etc etc.
3) if you select the Photos Tab at the bottom, you should be able to see all your pure photos without the Whats App pictures.
Appreciate your willingness to help!

In the Albums tabs, there is 'all photos', people, places, videos, selfies etc and also one folder called 'whatsapp' which contains whatsapp photos.

When I select the photos tab from bottom, it still lists all the photos including whatsapp photos! I can't see any option to see 'pure' photos clicked by phone cameras. Either see all or forget whatsapp pics n vids, these are only two options so far.

Most Viewed