Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 18:30   #10816
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I got the battery replaced earlier this week. I believe this program has been around for a while, but i found about it only last week. Before going to the apple authorised service centre, i called up Apple support and confirmed that my phone is covered in the program. I was told by service centre people that the phone should not have any non-original (Apple) part and no liquid damage to be eligible for this program. Hope it helps.
Did they do any diagnostic test to confirm the battery performance when you called the apple customer support?

For me they run the diagnostic and is telling me the phone is absolutely fine, even though I am eligible for this program. .
Old 3rd January 2018, 18:48   #10817
BHPian

The diagnostic test was done after i had given my phone to the authorised service centre (Ample Technologies/Imagine). Here was the diagnostic summary that i got through email
Reset and restore the iPhone with latest IOS in DFU mode. Ran apple Diagnostics test passed. Checked the iPhone by normal using found auto restart intermittently. Serial number and IMEI number verified. iPhone is eligible for unclean shutdown quality program. Hence need to replace the iPhone battery under quality program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Did they do any diagnostic test to confirm the battery performance when you called the apple customer support?

For me they run the diagnostic and is telling me the phone is absolutely fine, even though I am eligible for this program. .
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:55   #10818
BHPian

Apple has confirmed today that all iPhones from 6 onwards are eligible for this battery replacement provided the customer is willing to pay $29 fee. This is irrespective of the battery diagnostics results and is available throughout this year.

Source: 9to5mac.com
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:53   #10819
BHPian

Question: I have a relative coming from Canada; iPhone X costs $1319 - roughly INR 67k, will it have international warranty? i meant warranty in India and can i take extended warranty in India under the APP?
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:02   #10820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Question: I have a relative coming from Canada; iPhone X costs $1319 - roughly INR 67k, will it have international warranty? i meant warranty in India and can i take extended warranty in India under the APP?
iPhones bought abroad are now covered under standard warranty. Also iPhone is a true world phone so you should not have any issues with LTE bands support.
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:06   #10821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Yes, Apple provides international warranty. You can opt for apple care package before the 1 year warranty expires.
Old 4th January 2018, 04:53   #10822
Senior - BHPian

Downloaded CPU DasherX.

iPhone 6S. Max Frequency: 1800Mhz
@95% battery, frequency :1200 Mhz
@50% battery, frequency :600Mhz .

Battery health (via coconutBattery)

Design charge capacity 1715mAh.
Full charge capacity : 1393mAh (81.2%)

Cycle count 619.
Old 4th January 2018, 12:27   #10823
Distinguished - BHPian

iPhone 7+ 256 GB - 100% health measured using Battery Life Doctor 1.3.6 and Battery Life (paid) 2.1.5. This is after nearly 10 months of usage. I make sure to charge only between 40-80% as much as possible and keep that battery cool. Can't measure using Coconutbattery as I don't use a Mac yet.

As a comparison my Dell Inspiron's battery (Intel Core i7, 8 GB, 256 GB SSD, 15" screen, with Nvidia discrete graphics chipset) is now showing just 27% wear after >5 years of moderate use. I use the same charging 'method' as described above. If the laptop will not be for a while the battery is charged/discharged to 40-45% and put in storage.

I have no doubt treating a Li-ion battery fairly extends its useful life.
Old 6th January 2018, 13:04   #10824
BHPian

Are there any genuine iphone carders in the group? And if not any in the group, any pointers? suggestions?

Last edited by SDP : 6th January 2018 at 16:00. Reason: Please do not use all BOLD
wmax is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th January 2018, 10:37   #10825
BHPian

Battery Life app gives my 2 year old iPhone 6s battery's health at 82%. Which means it is still good for another year or so before the battery needs replacement.
Old 7th January 2018, 13:45   #10826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Battery Life app gives my 2 year old iPhone 6s battery's health at 82%. Which means it is still good for another year or so before the battery needs replacement.
Battery life app is showing 82% for my 1.7 yr old 6s. But I have to charge twice a day for some moderate use (no games, just 3G, some whatsapp and very few calls, and some 30 min YouTube while driving for songs). Are you able to manage one full day with a single charge? I am thinking to replace my battery as in the initial days, my battery used to last 1 full day for the same usage.
Old 7th January 2018, 15:53   #10827
Team-BHP Support

I have bought this interesting gadget for our 3 month old iPhone 6, primarily because of its poor battery capacity (1800 mAH). Cost me Rs. 2,500 on ebay.in and is made by a company called www.lenmar.com. I think it is called a 'battery case'.

The iPhone Thread-img_20180107_112033.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_20180107_112044.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_20180107_112119.jpg

Pros:

- The case has an in-built 3000 mAH battery which charges the iPhone 6. So effectively, we have 1800 + 3000 = 4,800 mAH power capacity
- Acts as a smartphone case for protection against drops.
- Looks terrific.
- Value for money
- Apple certified accessory
- Can be charged using micro USB cable.
- You get loud stereo speakers built into the battery case

Cons:

- Weighs around 70 or 80 grams. Add 140g of iPhone 6's weight to this. It is not too bad though.
- All our iphone 6 car and home chargers are now redundant
- Charging of iPhone 6 needs to be done manually by pressing a button on the case. It is not "automatic"

Video Review by a Youtuber:

Last edited by SmartCat : 7th January 2018 at 16:01.
Old 7th January 2018, 16:25   #10828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I have bought this interesting gadget for our 3 month old iPhone 6.
I too am using a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for my iPhone 6S. It does make the phone extremely bulky, but the large 3300 mAh battery makes up for the bulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You get loud stereo speakers built into the battery case
The case just has a rerouted front firing speaker grill which redirects the sound from the phone’s speaker towards the person.
There is no actual speaker in the case.
Old 7th January 2018, 18:27   #10829
Senior - BHPian

Rant post:

Yesterday, I made a video clip on my PC and wanted to share it using social media apps. Naturally, thought of using iphone. Here are my struggling steps:

1. Connecting iphone to PC. Sucky itunes comes up and says 'bonjour' service is required. After fumbling around, found the service and enabled it.
2. Phone apps are not showing on itunes. Because iPhone is so precious and its users are such idiots, that company has no way but to disable any sort of communication between phone and PC except holy itunes, that can be used to transfer only selected filetypes.
3. There is an app for USB connectivity, and it needs to be fired up from iTunes, but yesterday I was not worthy enough for iTunes for showing me app list on PC.
4. Undeterred, I tried uploading the video on gmail and downloading it on my iphone. Video being more than 25MB, it uploaded to google drive and link was given on email.
5. iPhone determines users are not trustworthy to download or share any video, what if we were thieves and publish all the latest movies?! So I can only see the video on iPhone, but not download it. Forget sharing it.

By this time, I was at my wits end. My only option was to play the video on PC monitor, record it using bloody iPhone's camera and then send it out. Luckily, there is an android phone at home. So used it to connect it to PC as pendrive, got the video and shared it on whatsapp. Took 3 minutes at max.

I don't know why I bought this high quality piece of crap that restricts every action by the user. Absolutely fed up with Apple's so called proprietary sh!t, and certainly this will be my last Apple product. Except the camera and form factor (and the obnoxious price paid), there is absolutely nothing that holds candle to the freedom of an android.
Old 7th January 2018, 18:37   #10830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Yesterday, I made a video clip on my PC and wanted to share it using social media apps. Naturally, thought of using iphone. Here are my struggling steps:
Quote:
Video being more than 25MB, it uploaded to google drive and link was given on email. 5. iPhone determines users are not trustworthy to download or share any video, what if we were thieves and publish all the latest movies?! So I can only see the video on iPhone, but not download it. Forget sharing it.
1) Download Dropbox or OneDrive or Google Drive on your desktop
2) Move the video clip from desktop to Dropbox/OneDrive/Google Drive
3) Download Dropbox or OneDrive or Google Drive on your iPhone
4) Access the video clip on your phone and share on Whatsapp or whatever

Edit:

If you are coming from Android, step 4 is a bit different.

a) Select the video clip on Google drive on iPhone
b) Press the three dots (...).
c) Select "send a copy".
d) Press Whatsapp icon.

Last edited by SmartCat : 7th January 2018 at 18:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks