Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 13:17   #11446
BHPian

Re: iPhone X and conked 3D touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Update: They replaced screen and I took delivery yesterday. Have done a good job, can't make out it was serviced. Have purchased apple care and extended the warranty till November 2019. Costed 4399 INR on Amazon.
They are telling me to quote serial number and email id in the shipping address line. I find it strange. Due to this I had to remove it my shopping cart which had other items.

Also they've not mentioned specifically iphone X, is this valid across entire range.
Old 29th October 2018, 13:35   #11447
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The MS Surface Pro is terrific for this kind of a setup. That is unless you don't mind stepping away from the Apple ecosystem. I know, I do. Apple has me hooked.

I have the exact setup surface pro with BRYDGE keypad for general purpose family computer but trust me windows has a long way to match Apple in terms of super slick performance. It's fine as long as you have not used Apple stuff before The surface line-up has improved the design/desirability aspects but not as responsive/slick as Apple devices.
Old 29th October 2018, 17:19   #11448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
They are telling me to quote serial number and email id in the shipping address line. I find it strange. Due to this I had to remove it my shopping cart which had other items.

Also they've not mentioned specifically iphone X, is this valid across entire range.
It is for iPhone, there is no sub category based on model. you can clarify that by asking a questing through Amazon. Serial number and email id is required for activating the apple care. I think I did not update the same, but they emailed and whatsapped me based on my Amazon contact details.
Old 29th October 2018, 17:38   #11449
BHPian

Quote:
It is for iPhone, there is no sub category based on model. you can clarify that by asking a questing through Amazon. Serial number and email id is required for activating the apple care. I think I did not update the same, but they emailed and whatsapped me based on my Amazon contact details.
Will one be able to buy AppleCare separately in India for a new phone (XS) bought from the Apple Store in US? I'm assuming it's not possible but wanted to confirm.
Old 29th October 2018, 17:41   #11450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Will one be able to buy AppleCare separately in India for a new phone (XS) bought from the Apple Store in US? I'm assuming it's not possible but wanted to confirm.
It WAS not possible earlier, but now it IS possible. So yes, you can buy apple care anytime before the 1 year bundled warranty expires and extend, irrespective of where the device was purchased. This started sometime last year if I remember correct.
Old 29th October 2018, 17:49   #11451
BHPian

Quote:
It WAS not possible earlier, but now it IS possible. So yes, you can buy apple care anytime before the 1 year bundled warranty expires and extend, irrespective of where the device was purchased. This started sometime last year if I remember correct.
Oh, that's really compelling to get then. I have a year to decide but that adds another item in the positives list other than the price to buy from the US than in India for me.
Old 30th October 2018, 14:37   #11452
BHPian

Can any one suggest a good wireless charger for the iPhone X?
I bought an itek wireless charger from Croma but it's unable to charge the phone with the bumper on. Is it possible to use a wireless charger with a case?
Old 30th October 2018, 18:11   #11453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The eSim has not been enabled anywhere yet in the new iPhones. iOS 12 Will enable it, will roll out within the next 2 weeks most likely. Could also be announced on the 30th October event by Apple.

You mean 12.1? Coz we are already on 12.01.

Im actually bothered about mixing up personal and official calls in the same phone. Im told the iPhone would not ask each time on which number to use. Rather you can choose each contact to be linked with a number or the iPhone will use the number same as the earlier call. So if I had called a number using my personal sim, then the next time I call iPhone will choose the personal sim by default. This is ok. But when you are dialling a new number it can be tricky.
Old 30th October 2018, 20:50   #11454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
You mean 12.1? Coz we are already on 12.01.

Im actually bothered about mixing up personal and official calls in the same phone. Im told the iPhone would not ask each time on which number to use. Rather you can choose each contact to be linked with a number or the iPhone will use the number same as the earlier call. So if I had called a number using my personal sim, then the next time I call iPhone will choose the personal sim by default. This is ok. But when you are dialling a new number it can be tricky.
Yes the 12.1, it is rolling out now. You can check the online user manual to see if it fits your use case.
Old 31st October 2018, 13:21   #11455
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the 12.1, it is rolling out now. You can check the online user manual to see if it fits your use case.
Would be really interested to know if anyone has activated or activating eSIM on their phones and what the process and experience is with Airtel or Jio. I'm planning to convert one of my connections to eSIM for my XS.
Old 31st October 2018, 17:15   #11456
BHPian

While upgrading to 12.1 the "update requested" is stuck. Anyone facing this issue? Tried rebooting and a few other tips from the net, no luck...

As a result, battery is getting drained very fast.

Last edited by sumathindra : 31st October 2018 at 17:16. Reason: edits
Old 31st October 2018, 17:43   #11457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
While upgrading to 12.1 the "update requested" is stuck. Anyone facing this issue? Tried rebooting and a few other tips from the net, no luck...

As a result, battery is getting drained very fast.
Servers might be busy. Kill all the apps and do a hard boot of the phone for now. That should stop the drain.
Old 1st November 2018, 06:49   #11458
Senior - BHPian

I'm using the Belkin, since the time 'the X' was launched - had posted pics then, on TBHP as well. I can charge the phone with Spigen Bumper on, easily. Go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Can any one suggest a good wireless charger for the iPhone X?
Old 1st November 2018, 09:32   #11459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The MS Surface Pro is terrific for this kind of a setup. That is unless you don't mind stepping away from the Apple ecosystem. I know, I do. Apple has me hooked.
I've been given a similar combo from work for use as a work device. I love it.
Old 1st November 2018, 09:43   #11460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, you are right, 12.1 is available now. So any idea if JIO and airtel are ready with E-Sim? I have to sell both my iPhone 7 and 6 to buy the Xr and since one is an official phone and the other personal I cannot afford to be without either of the numbers.

May be I should go over to Reliance digital to talk with the JIO guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks