Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 23:07   #11536
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Personally for me the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack was a deal-breaker and one of the main reasons why I have persisted with my good old 6s. I have quite a few headphones and want the freedom to pick and choose any one I want without worrying about adapters. Apple seriously needs to stop thinking that removing ports is cool until its a change that has been universally accepted.
Old 30th November 2018, 10:56   #11537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Apple seriously needs to stop thinking that removing ports is cool until its a change that has been universally accepted.
Well, someone has got to make a start.

I'm not defending it; just saying the first one to bring about a drastic change is always going to be criticized for the change.
Old 30th November 2018, 11:39   #11538
BHPian

Any good offers going on for the XR? Looking at buying a 256gb for dad.
Old 30th November 2018, 12:49   #11539
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Is this a good time to consider upgrading my 1.5 year old 7 to an XS?
Noon.com in UAE/GCC seems to be offering super prices!
Old 30th November 2018, 13:56   #11540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I did, from a 7 Plus. Loving it so far. I had trouble with the Face ID initially but got used to it in two weeks. I think the phone got used to my face

The prices look tempting. Some, like the space grey XS FaceTime version looks cheaper than even the US pricing.
Old 30th November 2018, 15:26   #11541
BHPian

Question : Have anybody with eSIM enabled iPhone XS has enabled Watch Series 3/4 LTE eSIM?

I tried and somehow my SIM network got unprovisioned and have to run pillar and post to get the phone number activated, same thing happened again with iPhone, finally used Note 9 and the number/network is working( its Airtel network, they are still looking into why it happened). Currently I am afraid to use the iPhone XS and Watch combination unless Airtel comes back with reason and assurance. ( iPhone works with other physical SIM, but din't worked with physical Airtel SIM)

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 30th November 2018 at 15:28. Reason: added provider
Old 1st December 2018, 14:28   #11542
BHPian

Just a shout out to fellow iOs users. Apple has caved in and approved the TRAI-DND app. The app is great and very intuitive ( as expected). It integrates well with the phone.app and sms.app, with no need to go in the app to register complaints.

Well done apple.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-image1.jpg  

Old 1st December 2018, 15:27   #11543
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I did, from a 7 Plus. Loving it so far. I had trouble with the Face ID initially but got used to it in two weeks. I think the phone got used to my face

The prices look tempting. Some, like the space grey XS FaceTime version looks cheaper than even the US pricing.
Seriously Joe
The Noon.com philosophy seems to be to carve an unbeatable niche in that market through super cheap pricing!
Old 1st December 2018, 16:50   #11544
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously Joe
The Noon.com philosophy seems to be to carve an unbeatable niche in that market through super cheap pricing!
Currently the cheapest Xs is for AED 3820 at Noon.com
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:18   #11545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Question : Have anybody with eSIM enabled iPhone XS has enabled Watch Series 3/4 LTE eSIM?

I tried and somehow my SIM network got unprovisioned and have to run pillar and post to get the phone number activated, same thing happened again with iPhone, finally used Note 9 and the number/network is working( its Airtel network, they are still looking into why it happened). Currently I am afraid to use the iPhone XS and Watch combination unless Airtel comes back with reason and assurance. ( iPhone works with other physical SIM, but din't worked with physical Airtel SIM)

-Pramod
Is your problem resolved? May I know what was the exact issue? I am going to do the same on a XR. Activate Airtel esim.

I was using with another watch LTE. I had to call Airtel to deactivate the older watch. Now I have got it activated to the new watch 3 LTE. I will have to change it to esim now.
Old 2nd December 2018, 18:19   #11546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Is your problem resolved? May I know what was the exact issue? I am going to do the same on a XR. Activate Airtel esim.

I was using with another watch LTE. I had to call Airtel to deactivate the older watch. Now I have got it activated to the new watch 3 LTE. I will have to change it to esim now.

Not yet, I have moved to physical SIM on iPhone XS. Watch LTE is still pending, hope this gets resolved by tomorrow(been told by Airtel).

-Pramod
Old 3rd December 2018, 22:51   #11547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Works alright. Have been using it for the last two weeks without any problem so far. Using a normal sim. Haven't used e-sim yet.
Thanks. Even I'm planning to get XR as I need dual SIM, which means I'll have to port to JIO/Airtel from current provider as XR does not support those.
Old 4th December 2018, 08:20   #11548
Team-BHP Support

Indicative upcoming iPhone updates.

Quote:
Apple Inc. plans to hold off until at least 2020 before offering an iPhone that can connect to the next generation of high-speed phone services coming next year, according to people familiar with its plans.

The delay may make it easier for rivals like Samsung Electronics Co. to win over consumers to phones that connect to 5G networks, which will provide a leap forward in mobile data speeds when they are introduced in 2019.

As with 3G and 4G, the two previous generations of mobile technology, Apple will wait as long as a year after the initial deployment of the new networks before its main product gets the capability to access them, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing the company’s plans.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...out-tech-shift
Old 4th December 2018, 14:33   #11549
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I did, from a 7 Plus. Loving it so far.
Quote:
Seriously Joe

Can you inform the Model number of your XS that was purchased from UAE ( with Facetime) from noon dot com.
Is it A2097 ( for the XS)?

It should be written in fine print on the rear side of your phone, else settings>general>about> model.( just touch that info and it will change to Axxxx, if not showing.)
Old 4th December 2018, 14:40   #11550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Can you inform the Model number of your XS that was purchased from UAE ( with Facetime) from noon dot com.
Is it A2097 ( for the XS)?
I didn't buy it from noon. Sorry for not being clear. Mine's the US version, A1920.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks