Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2018, 06:25   #11566
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

I've been using Spigen cases for my iPhone based on recommendations from fellow mods. Very happy with the quality, as well as protection offered.
Old 6th December 2018, 10:37   #11567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nope; it's not eligible.
Thanks for your respone

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
https://support.apple.com/en-in/ipho...acement-credit
See bottom Additional info. iPhone 6 and above are eligible.
The battery cost for a 5s won't be very high either.
Thanks for the info. yes having read through the page realised and reconfirmed the same available on iPhone 6 onwards. But considering that the latest ios 12 is also available for 5S dosen't it make sense to have the programme included for that model as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
I got mine replaced at Nehru Place a month back - it cost me 1200/-.
Thanks for the info. Hows the phone performance. Is it an original battery, any warranty provided.
Old 6th December 2018, 12:24   #11568
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Thanks for the info. Hows the phone performance. Is it an original battery, any warranty provided.
I do not think it is original. But the quality seems to be ok, I feel. I had been using the 5s since 2013, and the original battery almost gave up, I was having to charge it multiple times a day. Also, sometime suddenly it used to go to nearly zero from say 30 or 40%. The replacement battery is behaving like a normal one, though with a 5 year old phone and newer os and apps, you can not really expect too much from a 1500 mah battery. Still, as long as you avoid certain power hungry apps, it seems to be doing fine.
The vendor did say (and gave me a receipt too) there is a 6 month warranty, but it is hard to tell to what extent they will respect that `warranty', as it is just a mobile/laptop repair shop.
Old 6th December 2018, 13:44   #11569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Any recommendations for the iphone case?
I'm using Pitaka Aramid Premium Case from Amazon India http://amzn.in/d/6fML3WU. Its bit expensive but its really thin, fits really well and offer good protection. Highly recommended.
Old 10th December 2018, 18:08   #11570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes and hurry up, after Dec 31st the terms are going to change.
Thank you for the note, rushed into an Imagine reseller here in Chennai for both SE & 7 and unfortunately battery for the SE is out of stock. Pre-ordered at the store and I’m told 7-10 days as batteries are only road-shipped. Phew... Almost could’ve missed that !

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 10th December 2018, 20:44   #11571
Distinguished - BHPian

I took my iphone 6S to the iplanet service centre in Jayanagar 1st block for a Battery replacement. They took my order and also I made the payment of 2k. I am informed that it will take 7-10 for the battery to arrive and after that I can take it and get it replaced.
Old 10th December 2018, 21:08   #11572
BHPian

Do we need to present the phone's original bill of purchase in order to get the replacement battery for 2k?
I'm coming down to India to spend Christmas with my family, and would like to replace the battery of my iPhone 6S, but am not sure where I kept the purchase invoice, hence the question.

Cheers
Old 11th December 2018, 10:22   #11573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Do we need to present the phone's original bill of purchase in order to get the replacement battery for 2k?
I'm coming down to India to spend Christmas with my family, and would like to replace the battery of my iPhone 6S, but am not sure where I kept the purchase invoice, hence the question.

Cheers
There's no need for the original invoice. Authorized service center guys run the diagnostics online via Apple website and they would raise an invoice immediately. I did this in Bangalore.
Old 11th December 2018, 10:23   #11574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post

Cheers
No need. They will come to know the date of purchase and other details once they plug in your phone into their system.
Old 11th December 2018, 13:45   #11575
BHPian

Any place in and around Jayanagar where i can check if the battery replacement program is underway? My iphone 7 crossed the one year mark last month and the battery drains quite fast. The battery check tells me the maximum capacity is 90%. Should I get it replaced? whats the cost involved in the replacement program?

Last edited by sumathindra : 11th December 2018 at 13:47. Reason: edits
Old 12th December 2018, 01:28   #11576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
There's no need for the original invoice. Authorized service center guys run the diagnostics online via Apple website and they would raise an invoice immediately. I did this in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
No need. They will come to know the date of purchase and other details once they plug in your phone into their system.
Thank you guys for the quick clarification on this! Saves me the trouble of rifling through all of my documents to try and find it

Cheers
Old 12th December 2018, 06:22   #11577
BHPian

Got an iPhone XS Max a few days back and activating the eSIM on Airtel has been a pain. The process to do it is rather simple but, I guess, it should work too.
I've followed all the steps to activate the eSIM (message to 121 with registered email ID) but now it's been over 2 days and I have not received any QR code for activation, anyone here who activated Airtel eSIM has a clue what to do? Should I visit the Airtel store to get this done or wait for the QR code?

Activation of the Jio eSIM on the cellular apple watch was a far easier process IMO.
Old 12th December 2018, 06:26   #11578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Any place in and around Jayanagar where i can check if the battery replacement program is underway? My iphone 7 crossed the one year mark last month and the battery drains quite fast. The battery check tells me the maximum capacity is 90%. Should I get it replaced? whats the cost involved in the replacement program?
Jayanagar 1st block, Ashoka pillar road. There is an apple showroom and a service centre attached to it. I gave the order and made the payment last Saturday. Go there with your device, take a token, wait for your turn ( since it was a Saturday, I had to wait more than 1 hour). When my turn came, I was asked the purchase date which I frankly didn't know and I had neither got the original invoice. He ran some diagnostics and created the job card, took 2k and I was done. It took almost 2 hours-so be prepared with that much time.
When the battery arrives, they'll call me (which I'm told will take 7 to 10 days) and I've to go again and get it replaced.
The battery health on the iphone was 83%

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 12th December 2018 at 06:29.
Old 12th December 2018, 12:43   #11579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Jayanagar 1st block, Ashoka pillar road. There is an apple showroom and a service centre attached to it. I gave the order and made the payment last Saturday. Go there with your device, take a token, wait for your turn ( since it was a Saturday, I had to wait more than 1 hour). When my turn came, I was asked the purchase date which I frankly didn't know and I had neither got the original invoice. He ran some diagnostics and created the job card, took 2k and I was done. It took almost 2 hours-so be prepared with that much time.
When the battery arrives, they'll call me (which I'm told will take 7 to 10 days) and I've to go again and get it replaced.
The battery health on the iphone was 83%
Thank you for the detailed response. Just a quick check - Is it worthwhile to get it replaced while the battery health is at 90%? What would be the cost of the battery if this program was not available? Trying to understand the ROI of doing it now...
Old 12th December 2018, 15:21   #11580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Thank you for the detailed response. Just a quick check - Is it worthwhile to get it replaced while the battery health is at 90%? What would be the cost of the battery if this program was not available? Trying to understand the ROI of doing it now...
My 6+ battery health was at 89% and the service guys suggested to change it since the original cost of the battery is 6K. Paid 2K and was told the battery would arrive in 7 business days. Once arrived, need to take the phone to them for replacement, 1hr job it seems.

Upon the diagnostic check, was informed the mic and receivers are not working properly. I was told that this problem could worsen or rectify during the battery replacement, hence given a option for replacement phone for 13K, which we bargained for 12K. But unfortunately the person using this phone wasnt interested in this option and hence let go the deal.

Last edited by dre@ms : 12th December 2018 at 15:24. Reason: Added addl. info

Most Viewed