Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 11:53   #11656
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
08th December last year I enrolled for the battery replacement for my iphone and paid the 2K. Any others here who are facing this issue with shortage of battery supply?

I got mine replaced in 6 days. iPhone 6s. Sounds like a rogue service centre, purposely delaying the replacement with some malafide intentions.

Check as a new customer if a new battery is available at full cost, immediately. If yes, then you would know what the intentions are.
In the meanwhile, tweet apple for the unusual delay and how you are suffering.
Old 10th January 2019, 12:54   #11657
BHPian

Quote:
08th December last year I enrolled for the battery replacement for my iphone and paid the 2K. I was told the battery would arrive in a week or 10 days. it's been 33 days since and till now I've not got a call from the iplanet service centre (Jayanagara, Bengaluru) about when the battery will actually arrive and be replaced. I called them up last week and they repeated the same "stock not yet arrived" sentence. Any others here who are facing this issue with shortage of battery supply?
#metoo.
Placed an order at the same service centre on 20-Dec and was supposed to get it by 29th. Called them yesterday and still "stock not yet arrived". As of now, they promised it's likely to arrive this Friday and asked me to call again.
Old 10th January 2019, 13:03   #11658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I got mine replaced in 6 days. iPhone 6s. Sounds like a rogue service centre, purposely delaying the replacement with some malafide intentions.

Check as a new customer if a new battery is available at full cost, immediately. If yes, then you would know what the intentions are.
In the meanwhile, tweet apple for the unusual delay and how you are suffering.
Calm down! I am not surprised at the delay. When I checked in March '18 in Pune, I was quoted 4-6 weeks as well. They said the batteries are being ordered per confirmed payment.

Next time I went in Aug, they had it in stock and the work was done in three hours.
Old 10th January 2019, 17:32   #11659
BHPian

Hello all,
I have a trip planned to Dubai in February first week. I read on quora about electronics like mobiles and cameras being cheaper in Dubai as compared to India. I want to purchase an iphone 7 or 7 plus and my budget is maximum 40k.
Is it advisable to purchase iphone from Dubai and if yes, kindly provide the location, where I can get the best price and a genuine product.

With Regards
Anindya
Old 10th January 2019, 18:04   #11660
Senior - BHPian

Cheapest would be SOUK.COM. Alternately, Look for spot offers from stores like Carrefour and Geant. Facetime is blocked, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
I have a trip planned to Dubai in February first week.
Old 10th January 2019, 18:15   #11661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Cheapest would be SOUK.COM.
Do souk.com has stores in Dubai and if not, then as a tourist, how can I purchase from it.

Quote:
Facetime is blocked, by the way.
I read that iphones with facetime are also available. But I'm having a confusion over this point, whether the iphones sold there are standard ones or carrier locked ones.
Old 10th January 2019, 22:06   #11662
Senior - BHPian

Just give your hotel address and collect, paying dirhams. Phones with Facetime are available in Burdubai market, Karama etc. But the most fun is going to APPLE STORE, either at Burj or MOE. None of the phones are carrier locked in Dubai, nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
Do souk.com has stores in Dubai and if not
Old 11th January 2019, 12:23   #11663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
But the most fun is going to APPLE STORE, either at Burj or MOE. None of the phones are carrier locked in Dubai, nowadays.

Apple store sold phones would be without Facetime, right? So he would have to buy the international versions from Carrefour and the likes, right?
Old 31st January 2019, 11:28   #11664
BHPian

Have you folks tried the Shortcuts app on iOS? Apple acquired this company called Workflow and then released the Shortcuts app. What it allows us to do is automate heterogeneous tasks that we perform on our phone with simple, user friendly drag/drop scripting.

For instance, one useful shortcut which I made checks my calendar for tomorrow, figures out when my first meeting is, and then sets my alarm accordingly. Since my day starts at different times, depending on whether I have a meeting early in the morning or a bit later, I can afford to start my day accordingly. This purely works with Hey, Siri & no manual input is required.

The kind of things you can conjure up with this app are quite amazing actually.
Old 11th February 2019, 12:02   #11665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
08th December last year I enrolled for the battery replacement for my iphone and paid the 2K. I was told the battery would arrive in a week or 10 days. it's been 33 days since and till now I've not got a call from the iplanet service centre (Jayanagara, Bengaluru) about when the battery will actually arrive and be replaced. I called them up last week and they repeated the same "stock not yet arrived" sentence. Any others here who are facing this issue with shortage of battery supply?
Got a call from iplanet on 18th January. I was asked to get it before 2PM any day and it will take around 3 hours and I can take it by 5PM.
Timing was ok, but by this time, I had swapped my iphone with my BIL's iphone and he was out of the country. He was scheduled to return back on Feb 3rd and he had to travel again on Feb 5th. I just told I'll come and get it replaced (Our plan was to get it done after his arrival on Feb 17th). then again on Feb 1, I got a call from iplanet and they told me that I should before Feb 6th or else I'll not get the discounted price . I was really angry and told them that we had waited more than 45 days to get a call and now that they call, they can't expect us to come immediately. He apologized but still told me that they can't change the date decided by apple.
When my BIL returned on FEb 5th, he gave me his phone to me and traveled out of the country again. Being a weekday, even I couldn't go. So, my father took it on 6th and got the battery replaced.
Old 11th February 2019, 16:03   #11666
BHPian

I got my battery changed for my iphone 7 as part of the scheme last December. It is not even 2 months and my battery health shows at 97%. My original battery showed this % after a years of usage.

Does this indicate on the usage, charging cycle or it is just that the battery is the problem! Should I take it back to Planet Care and check? Would they even do anything about it? I feel so cheated
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_5848.png  

Last edited by sumathindra : 11th February 2019 at 16:05.
Old 11th February 2019, 16:40   #11667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Being a weekday, even I couldn't go. So, my father took it on 6th and got the battery replaced.
After all this, I got two calls today-One in the morning and another in the afternoon. Both times they called me and come and collect the refund as I did not get the battery replaced!! How good is their system that they do not know whether an order is completed or not
Both times I told them that after their call now, I've my doubts whether they've actually changed the battery or not
Old 7th March 2019, 01:59   #11668
BHPian

Does anyone here own the XR? I’m looking for a good case but the options on Amazon.in are shockingly limited. Any suggestions?
Old 11th March 2019, 12:17   #11669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I’m looking for a good case but the options on Amazon.in are shockingly limited. Any suggestions?

Try Aliexpress and since it takes time to deliver, get one from Amazon/physical shop in some mall for the interim period.
Old 12th March 2019, 22:40   #11670
BHPian

Got a case dodo slim case from ‘Ama-Jaan’ kehti thi ki . This case is not that good for protection. But if you have safe hands, then it sure looks slick. I got a frosted white one for my white XR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Does anyone here own the XR? I’m looking for a good case but the options on Amazon.in are shockingly limited. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks