Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2019, 13:11   #12106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I just upgraded to 13. Will play around with it today. So far, so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I upgraded my 6S yesterday night. The total update size was 1.7 GB. Went in smoothly. Haven't noticed any issues so far. Feels a tad bit faster now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I have updated today morning to iOS13 and watchos 6. all working fine so far.
Good to know! Looking particularly towards 6S performance on 13. Any lags, slowing down of phone noticed? Did the overall occupied storage went up or down from 12.4.1? Thanks in advance guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just read this. People might want to hold off the update until 24-Sept.
Read the review on Verge last night and it stated about the 13.1 update being pushed sooner than what was planned initially. Hence waiting for genuine reviews from users and BHPians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

I am on 13 since yesterday night, so far so good. Not really checked for battery drain yet but otherwise things seems to be ok. Relieved that so far no bugs for me, as reported.
. Can you please enlighten me about the much touted 80% battery charge hold feature on the 13 if you have encountered it?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by saket77 : 20th September 2019 at 13:13.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:14   #12107
BHPian

I am thinking of upgrading to Apple Watch 5 and selling off my Apple Watch 3 42MM - bought in Dec last year. I searched online but could not find any place to directly sell or exchange. Any ideas?

BTW - Updated my iPhone X to iOS 13. So far buttery smooth with no issues. Face ID seems to be faster and dark mode is average in my view. Best feature is Shortcuts APP that allows you to place any shortcut on home screen of phone.

Already using it to place Call contacts most used on home screen along with links to my favourite playlists.

Will update as I discover more benefits.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:15   #12108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
. Can you please enlighten me about the much touted 80% battery charge hold feature on the 13 if you have encountered it?

Thanks everyone!
I have not encountered it yet. I think that will work only after the software learns the pattern of charging by the user. From what I read and understood. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/12/appl...-charging.html
Old 20th September 2019, 13:17   #12109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am thinking of upgrading to Apple Watch 5 and selling off my Apple Watch 3 42MM - bought in Dec last year. I searched online but could not find any place to directly sell or exchange. Any ideas?
Post on our classifieds.

Quote:
Best feature is Shortcuts APP that allows you to place any shortcut on home screen of phone.
True. This is one of the best thing to have.

Quote:
Will update as I discover more benefits.
Looking forward to it!

Quote:
I have not encountered it yet. I think that will work only after the software learns the pattern of charging by the user. From what I read and understood. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/12/appl...-charging.html
Thanks Jaggu! This is one thing that's not clear to me. What if someday I 'break' my sleep pattern and want my phone to be 100% charged.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 20th September 2019 at 13:19.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:26   #12110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Took a beating of 1k on discount (7k at store Vs 6k on Amazon), preordered iPhone 11 Pro on 6 months emi option and already the model I picked is out of stock..
I think the 7k is for Pro Max and not for Pro, so I might not have lost the 1k after all lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks Jaggu! This is one thing that's not clear to me. What if someday I 'break' my sleep pattern and want my phone to be 100% charged.
Absolutely, imagine you wake up for an early flight and dang! But I guess there would be some trick and oh ya it can be manually switched On and Off.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th September 2019 at 13:31.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:29   #12111
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
The physical shops seems to be least interested and have no clue I guess!

Imagine - tried their online chat and they are equally clueless on how to preorder and collect from store. Asked me to goto store, and I had no mood to spend my day running from one end of city to other.

Finally amazon ki jai! Received an email my Wishlist is available and order soon and it would be out of stock if not. I guess supply is restricted. Took a beating of 1k on discount (7k at store Vs 6k on Amazon), preordered iPhone 11 Pro on 6 months emi option and already the model I picked is out.

I tried imagine store ecoworld yesterday and they didn't have any clue of offers, while their website was updated with offers already. For curiosity sake I told them I will trade my XR 128gb for a pro and they got back with a quote ₹32k which is somewhat ok. However didn't want to change the iPhone. Ordered the series 5 watch in amazon. Got ₹4000 instant discount instead of a cash back later . This is more convenient. Can't really wait to try the watch. My first Apple Watch this will be .

Edit : Flipkart strangely doesn't have cash back or discount for series 5 watch.

Last edited by sairamboko : 20th September 2019 at 13:31.
Old 20th September 2019, 15:13   #12112
Senior - BHPian

2 new watch dials for my old Series3. X is also fine, dark mode is good. Whatsapp is laggy, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I have updated today morning to iOS13 and watchos 6. all working fine so far.
Old 20th September 2019, 15:48   #12113
BHPian

The charge does go all the way till 100% and it's been like that since past week of using iOs13. Can't figure out what the optimum charging is supposed to do.
I am noticing issues with Mail Notifications coming in late or if notification comes, then mail loads after opening mail.app.

A few apps, notifications have stopped coming in ( maybe the app needs an update).
Newsinshort app freezing at times.
Minor bugs in message app related to reporting of messages to trai directly.
Nothing major like slowing of phone etc. I guess, once all app developers update, it should be fine.

P.S. I didn't like the appstore update tab taken away. Now you need to press on your profile photo/memoji to check updates, manually. Automatic updating hardly worked for me earlier or now.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 20th September 2019 at 15:55.
Old 20th September 2019, 16:02   #12114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
2 new watch dials for my old Series3. X is also fine, dark mode is good. Whatsapp is laggy, though
same here, series 3 and X. Whats app works same as before, but opening up is become fast because i use face id on whats app and face id is now noticeable faster.
Old 20th September 2019, 17:57   #12115
Team-BHP Support

Stocks seems to have come back lol, some models are again available on amazon and Flipkart if anyone is looking
Old 21st September 2019, 00:38   #12116
Senior - BHPian

With this new releases, anyone planning to sell their old 7 plus, 8 or 8 plus? I am looking to buy a used one (currently on 6) until the next year after which I will upgrade
Old 21st September 2019, 00:58   #12117
BHPian

Upgraded to iOS 13 last night. I have an iPhone 6S, and it's working fine for the most part after the update. I notice that the battery doesn't want to charge past 80% in the day, but I'm curious to see what happens overnight.
I found a bug with the new mail app. Whenever I open the app, it takes some time, and goes straight into an email which I opened in the morning every time. Doesn't matter that I exited the app, and even rebooted my phone. Weird.

I really like the new CarPlay interface though! It gives a nice fresh look, and it's great to use as well.

Cheers
Old 21st September 2019, 05:51   #12118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Upgraded to iOS 13 last night. I have an iPhone 6S, and it's working fine for the most part after the update. I notice that the battery doesn't want to charge past 80% in the day, but I'm curious to see what happens overnight.

I found a bug with the new mail app. Whenever I open the app, it takes some time, and goes straight into an email which I opened in the morning every time. Doesn't matter that I exited the app, and even rebooted my phone. Weird.

I really like the new CarPlay interface though! It gives a nice fresh look, and it's great to use as well.

Cheers

The charging is an option that you can disable in settings. It has been done to extend the life of the battery. It uses on device machine learning to check when do you actually need full battery, based on your regular charging timings.
Old 21st September 2019, 12:57   #12119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
With this new releases, anyone planning to sell their old 7 plus, 8 or 8 plus? I am looking to buy a used one (currently on 6) until the next year after which I will upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

I am in a similar boat but looking for a used X. Found a nice one on OLX within my budget, but chickened out considering it too much of a risk. New Import X 256 are available for 60000 now, but buying a 2 year old device for so much doesn't make sense.
I am holding out on buying the new ones because of the Intel Radio's which have reported weak connectivity( US related). Too much of decision making to do ( as is always with new iPhone purchases).

The hdfc smartbuy flipkart offers are tempting with point accumulation at its best. Details attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hdfc smartbuy.pdf (73.7 KB, 482 views)
Old 21st September 2019, 13:22   #12120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I am in a similar boat but looking for a used X. Found a nice one on OLX within my budget, but chickened out considering it too much of a risk. New Import X 256 are available for 60000 now, but buying a 2 year old device for so much doesn't make sense.
I agree, paying that much doesn't make sense. Thats the reason I am looking out for 8. Can use it for 1 or 2 years and then purchase a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks