Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:23   #12121
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or the suggestive text is messed up after the iOS 13 update? Earlier it used to predict very accurately and now I get weird suggestions that don't even make sense!
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1569123772.958805.jpg

The CarPlay update seems nice. By default it will show the Map and Music on the Home screen.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1569123843.310899.jpg

The side menu is redesigned, but the app icons remain the same.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1569123929.094634.jpg

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1569123944.169718.jpg

Apple Music app display is refined; smaller font and it now shows the album art.
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1569124034.380191.jpg

Also, in the earlier version if I'm navigating, Google Maps is active on my phone; if I minimise the Google Maps on my phone (lets say, to check a message), it would minimise the navigation in CarPlay. This was irritating, but has been fixed in the new version.

Another thing I noticed is that when not connected to a charger, the CarPlay shows the battery level correctly, but if connected to a car charger (or power bank), CarPlay doesn't show the battery level. It does now in the new version; shows the phone as charging.

When you receive a message (SMS or WhatsApp), the notification is shown at the bottom and not on top like before.
Old 22nd September 2019, 15:36   #12122
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone upgraded to 13?
The reviews are coming mixed.
Was using beta for a while and on 13.1 now which looks more stable. Much better update than iOS 12. Not at all laggy and feels a tad bit faster, especially faceID and WhatsApp.

Somehow am not able to see screen time for last week now. Photos app has been redesigned and much more intuitive now. Give it a try. Dark mode is “meh” for me, I was anyway using dark wallpaper with 10% brightness all the time.
Old 22nd September 2019, 16:28   #12123
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded to 13. I really dont know what is all the infatuation about this whole dark mode. My android phone has it and now iphone. Its a feature that does not need so much press material.

Anyhow, in my brief usage for half a day, I think the phone is randomly getting laggy and hot. Will observe for the next few days.
Old 22nd September 2019, 17:10   #12124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Upgraded to 13. I really dont know what is all the infatuation about this whole dark mode. My android phone has it and now iphone. Its a feature that does not need so much press material.

Anyhow, in my brief usage for half a day, I think the phone is randomly getting laggy and hot. Will observe for the next few days.
You should have stayed at 12.2 in my opinion, and used the Unc0ver jailbreak for Dark mode tweak. As for what it has on offer, dark mode puts less strain on your eyes, hence keeping you more comfy.

Moreover, if you want better performance, and optimization, together with good features would recommend not updating and jailbreaking device to install tweaks rather. The Unc0ver is a nice and stable jailbreak for that propose. It consumes very less ram for the system daemons and jailbreak processes.
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:55   #12125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
You should have
My usage now does not warrant me to jailbreak my iphone or root my android phone.

I am aware what the dark mode intends to achieve, I just dont think it is a 'feature' that requires such publicity.

Last edited by bigron : 22nd September 2019 at 18:59.
Old 22nd September 2019, 19:12   #12126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
My usage now does not warrant me to jailbreak my iphone or root my android phone.

I am aware what the dark mode intends to achieve, I just dont think it is a 'feature' that requires such publicity.
Alright, got it. But a friend is using iOS 13 on XS MAX, an A12 device, he says its perfectly fine for him, didn't complain at all - strange. Which device are you on? It might be due to hardware issues though, just wondering.
Old 22nd September 2019, 22:54   #12127

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone upgraded to 13?

The reviews are coming mixed.

I think you should wait till 13.1 is out. I upgraded on September 20 and while it was fine at first, a lot of apps including WhatsApp and Photos are now crashing unexpectedly and repeatedly. I am using an iPhone 8.
Old 23rd September 2019, 07:03   #12128
Team-BHP Support

Checked out my friend’s iPhone 11 yesterday – neat looking phone, albeit a bit bulky (similar to the XR). As usual solid build, but I did not feel it as a great upgrade to the XR. But I expect this to be the best-selling iPhone this year – the pricing is not too far from the XR, and the Pro models are priced much higher.
Old 23rd September 2019, 07:17   #12129
Senior - BHPian

I am on XR and everything is fine except the predictive text issue.
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:35   #12130
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Guys for the heads up and reviews. I upgraded my 6S to 13 a couple of days ago. And it reminds me again that how good is Apple when it comes to advertising and in creating a hype

PS: 3D Touch which I thought was the charm of the phone is now dead. :(

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd September 2019 at 10:38.
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:41   #12131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Another thing I noticed is that when not connected to a charger, the CarPlay shows the battery level correctly, but if connected to a car charger (or power bank), CarPlay doesn't show the battery level. It does now in the new version; shows the phone as charging.
Can you sharehow this works? I mean when you are connected to CarPlay, that means you phone would be already be connected to the infotainment via the cable to the USB port. So, wouldn't it always automatically start charging?
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:22   #12132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
I think you should wait till 13.1 is out. I upgraded on September 20 and while it was fine at first, a lot of apps including WhatsApp and Photos are now crashing unexpectedly and repeatedly. I am using an iPhone 8.
I agree. Lot of apps just closes without any action. The newly introduced shortcut is also a disaster. I wonder how 13 was made available with all these issues? The dark mode is good and the only feature worth mentioning.

I am using an iphone 7
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:28   #12133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Is it just me or the suggestive text is messed up after the iOS 13 update? Earlier it used to predict very accurately and now I get weird suggestions that don't even make sense!.
I deleted off hind as language option inside settings and things are back to normal. Never had it earlier, with 13 Hindi was also added and this was creating the issue I guess.
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:19   #12134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I deleted off hind as language option inside settings
Thanks once more. I too had, Hindi( In devnagiri script), Hindi Latin, English UK. Deleted all 3. I use the Hindi Transliteration keyboard and after deleting the languages, that seems intact. What exactly do the languages do then?
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:04   #12135
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my XR to iOS 13, feels quite good for sure! The key board swipe is too cool! The Photo edit option is much easier now! A lot of other small subtle changes too, good to use!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks