Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 23:21   #12151
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Here it is:-

Attachment 1917875
Mine is fine. That symbol is at the extreme end of the screen. Your's seems to be overlapping. May be try reinstalling whatsapp.

BTW, I am using a 6S.
Old 25th September 2019, 08:20   #12152
BHPian

iOS 13.1 is released. Apps looks snappy and performance is good so far. No major issues reported so far. I think all issues in iOS13 are fixed in 13.1.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:17   #12153
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am unable to find my iPhone on the new "Find My" app even when i am opening the app from the iPhone itself. I can see all my devices and my phone is obviously logged into the same Apple ID. Need Help!
Old 25th September 2019, 10:22   #12154
BHPian

Installed 13.1. Phone seems snappy and breezy fast. Face ID seems a tad faster too.
No issues so far.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:33   #12155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
iOS 13.1 is released. Apps looks snappy and performance is good so far. No major issues reported so far. I think all issues in iOS13 are fixed in 13.1.
A quick question. If an 13.1 upgrade is done, can one still rollback to 12.x? I am on 13 now however as we all know multiple issues, will upgrading to 13.1 fix it as claimed?
Old 25th September 2019, 11:06   #12156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Mine is fine. That symbol is at the extreme end of the screen. Your's seems to be overlapping. May be try reinstalling whatsapp.

BTW, I am using a 6S.
I am also using a 6S
But that symbol is, as you said, is overlapping in some conversations. In some, it is at the extreme end like yours but in some, that symbol is not there at all! Totally confused!
Also, if I open a photo in the photo app and hit the share button at the bottom to share it over whatsapp; the sharing dialog crashes if I choose a contact that is not there in the frequently contacted list. This happens everytime.

I am currently updating to 13.1 and will see if anything gets solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
A quick question. If an 13.1 upgrade is done, can one still rollback to 12.x? I am on 13 now however as we all know multiple issues, will upgrading to 13.1 fix it as claimed?
As I said above, I am upgrading to 13.1 which claims to solve lots of issues. Keeping my fingers crossed. You can downgrade to 12.4.1 but you will have to decide quickly as you can only do so till Apple is signing 12.4.1. May be maximum a week or so. Apple has already stopped signing the 12.4 so you can only roll back to 12.4.1.

Regards,
Saket
Old 25th September 2019, 11:17   #12157
BHPian

Upgraded iPhone X to 13.1. So far no issues however multiple small issues that bother me:

1. 3D Touch disabled and replaced with software side workaround that works on all devices.
2. In Safari not seeing pages that are open on my Mac Safari. Handoff it seems is not working.
3. Apps have a milli second lag in opening or maybe its my imagination.
4. Phone network not catching signal in basements like metro. Earlier there used to be at least 1 bar But now nothing.
5. Reimagined activity app that feels cluttered with too much information (personal view).

Positives
1. Except for dark mode I don't see any major positives except:
2. Storage management has improved. Phone has few GB extra space compared to earlier.

Questions on how shortcuts work - even I am experimenting with the same and so far find it quite useless.
Old 25th September 2019, 11:20   #12158
BHPian

Quote:
I am also using a 6S
But that symbol is, as you said, is overlapping in some conversations. In some, it is at the extreme end like yours but in some, that symbol is not there at all! Totally confused!
Also, if I open a photo in the photo app and hit the share button at the bottom to share it over whatsapp; the sharing dialog crashes if I choose a contact that is not there in the frequently contacted list. This happens everytime.

I am currently updating to 13.1 and will see if anything gets solved.
I did not face any of the issues you mentioned. Yesterday night, I upgraded to IOS 13.1. No issues seen so far.

See if your issues get solved post the 13.1 upgrade. If not, then I would recommend a factory reset and check IOS 13.1 works fine, before you decide to rollback to 12.4.1.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:03   #12159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I did not face any of the issues you mentioned. Yesterday night, I upgraded to IOS 13.1. No issues seen so far.

See if your issues get solved post the 13.1 upgrade. If not, then I would recommend a factory reset and check IOS 13.1 works fine, before you decide to rollback to 12.4.1.
Upgrading to 13.1 solved the overlapping arrows issue but sharing dialog was still crashing. Had to finally reinstall Whatsapp after deleting it. This solves the issue.

I am not planning to rollback to 12.4.1 as phone is otherwise ok. Storage space has gone up by a GB or so after all these installations.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:50   #12160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here it is:-

Attachment 1917875
Mine seems to be intact, I was on 13 and yesterday updated to 13.1. Seems to be a WhatsApp update issue. Edit - Just saw you have resolved it using same steps

iOS 13.1 seems to be much better, the iPhone X is remarkably fast in comparison to 13 version, and even the swipe keyboard seems super responsive and accurate now. Battery drain also seems to be better optimised, not sure if it is due to the 13.1 update or the slow stabilisation after upgrading to 13 in general. I for a change feel removal of force touch was a good move, it was irritating to get the right options especially on the move. Current one is more consistent experience.

Lot of small small tweaks, love the way both apple and google keeps copying each other, good for the user.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:57   #12161
BHPian

Does anyone notice that mail notifications( mail.app badge) are almost instantaneous even for IMAP email accounts. Fetch is scheduled at 15 minutes, but notifications seem to arriving immediately,something like what Outlook mail app does. Notification first, then when you open mail.app, mail downloads.
Old 25th September 2019, 13:38   #12162
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

After upgrading to IOS 13 I am not able to upload videos to my youtube channel using my phone, the air drop is also going little funky. The youtube app gets hung in between.

Shown in the image below I am unable to click next.

The iPhone Thread-1.jpg

Pramod
Old 25th September 2019, 15:04   #12163
Senior - BHPian

Just installed the IOS 13.1, all issues are fixed.

Pramod
Old 25th September 2019, 16:10   #12164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
With this new releases, anyone planning to sell their old 7 plus, 8 or 8 plus? I am looking to buy a used one (currently on 6) until the next year after which I will upgrade
Quoting myself. I bought a used iphone x couple of days back and updated to ios 13.1. The phone is a big upgrade from my previous 6 and display is so much better. New Dark mode as others have already mentioned is not worth the hype. Liked the customisation in messages (name, image) plus faceid is good too. Still exploring the phone but I like what I have seen till now.
Old 25th September 2019, 18:01   #12165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I bought a used iphone x couple of days back and updated to ios 13.1.
Seek your guidance, as I intend to do the same. You bought it online or from a shop. India or Outside India. And the price range( here or PM), if you don't mind sharing.

Most Viewed