Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2019, 05:47   #12301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I have a query from my sister. She wants to connect her earphones that have a lightning connector to her Mac that has a 3.5 mm headphone socket. How?

I have searched for a jack with a female lightning connector and a male 3.5 mm jack but apparently it has not been invented yet!

Last edited by samaspire : 13th October 2019 at 05:52.
Old 13th October 2019, 10:01   #12302
BHPian

Is anyone having issues opening links on clicking the hyperlinks via google news/team-bhp/(maybe others) links from safari after the ios 13.1.2 update?

On clicking the link it goes to the page and keeps loading forever.(workaround i got is to request desktop website)
Old 13th October 2019, 10:26   #12303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
it has not been invented yet!
Yes, you are right. They haven't been invented yet. I, myself have 2 pairs of lightning earpods which are of no use, since I don't use an iPhone and it is unusable with my Mac.

Though I understand that the DAC in the headphone jack wants a digital signal for audio conversion, Apple could have designed a high-priced propriety adapter to use the same on the Mac. Weird stuff this company is into to fleece customers. Eg : Still not porting to USB-C for iPhones, when the iPad and Macs have been using it for long now.
Old 14th October 2019, 11:08   #12304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Any idea if i will get 1 year free Apple TV+ if i buy a IP11 from Flipkart?
As long as it is a genuine purchase through an authorised reseller, nothing stopping it from getting the Apple TV+. These deals from apple are bundled with the device id and not decided by the sale channel.
Old 14th October 2019, 11:49   #12305
BHPian

Quote:
I have a query from my sister. She wants to connect her earphones that have a lightning connector to her Mac that has a 3.5 mm headphone socket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Yes, you are right. They haven't been invented yet.
I think you are looking for this, a bit pricey though https://www.amazon.de/HUIRID-AUX-Kab...a-565527969805
Old 14th October 2019, 19:25   #12306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...b4223938c2f567

Lots of people seem to be complaining about scratches appearing on the 11 trio without any apparent reason.
Any views on the above?

Cheers
Any updates on the above. Seems scratches appear easily even when phones are taken out of pockets. This sounds quite scary. Any views would be helpful as I am contemplating between XR and 11. The second camera is what is taking me closer to 11

Cheers
Old 14th October 2019, 19:49   #12307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Any updates on the above. Seems scratches appear easily even when phones are taken out of pockets. This sounds quite scary. Any views would be helpful as I am contemplating between XR and 11. The second camera is what is taking me closer to 11

Cheers
Am using the 11 pro space grey. It feels really solid and durable. You can feel the difference when you hold it in your hands.

Am using it with a case and a tempered glass, so I really don't foresee any such issues. Touchwood!
Old 14th October 2019, 20:34   #12308
BHPian

Quote:
I have a query from my sister. She wants to connect her earphones that have a lightning connector to her Mac that has a 3.5 mm headphone socket. How?

I have searched for a jack with a female lightning connector and a male 3.5 mm jack but apparently it has not been invented yet!
I have had this same issue since the last 2 years. I have a habit of keeping ear phones in my ears while working in office. I cant work on a mute laptop. So a headphone with 3.5 mm jack works fine. You switch it to the phone, if a call comes, switch it back to the laptop otherwise. Ever since I got an phone 8, I have been in a soup. The other issue is, there are hardly any ear phones that sound as good as apple ones without being dependent on a tight seal in the ear. I prefer apple ones, because you can speak to people without taking them out too.

I have been using my wifes iPhone6 earphones since the last 1 year.

The only blue tooth ones that support two devices simultaneously that at least I know off are Bose and I don't want to spend that much money.

Rachit
Old 14th October 2019, 20:37   #12309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Am using the 11 pro space grey. It feels really solid and durable. You can feel the difference when you hold it in your hands.

Am using it with a case and a tempered glass, so I really don't foresee any such issues. Touchwood!
+1

using a Silver 11 pro with tempered glass and case. Infact the tempered glass was the first to reach me even before the phone came to my hands
Old 14th October 2019, 21:28   #12310
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone used an iPhone XSMAS and moved to 11 Pro Max?

Would love to hear the comparative reviews and is it worth upgrading?

I got the XSMax in March'19 and upgrade bug is already surfacing
Old 14th October 2019, 21:46   #12311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the above. Seems scratches appear easily even when phones are taken out of pockets. This sounds quite scary.
This "scratchgate" story seems to have died as there are no fresh reports after the first reports which surfaced 4-5 days ago. As usual there is nothing from Apple on the issue. I am also waiting for fresh stocks of the 11 Pro Max 256gb in the Midnight Green color to get mine. I believe fresh stocks are expected this week.

I have never used any of my previous iPhones or Androids with a tempered glass and never faced any issues with the screen with normal care taken. It still seems strange to find so many reports on the scratch issue. Of course, it will be prudent to add a tempered glass to be on the safe side.

I have ordered the attached "Dual Easy Film" from Amazon.in, would this suffice or would tempered glass be a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Am using it with a case and a tempered glass, so I really don't foresee any such issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
+1 using a Silver 11 pro with tempered glass and case.
Which tempered glass are you guys using? The proper name or link would be appreciated. Please update urgently if possible so I may cancel my Amazon order if need be.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20191014213747_amazon-shopping.jpg  

Old 14th October 2019, 22:52   #12312
BHPian

Quote:
This "scratchgate" story seems to have died as there are no fresh reports after the first reports which surfaced 4-5 days ago. As usual there is nothing from Apple on the issue. I am also waiting for fresh stocks of the 11 Pro Max 256gb in the Midnight Green color to get mine. I believe fresh stocks are expected this week.

I have never used any of my previous iPhones or Androids with a tempered glass and never faced any issues with the screen with normal care taken. It still seems strange to find so many reports on the scratch issue. Of course, it will be prudent to add a tempered glass to be on the safe side.

I have ordered the attached "Dual Easy Film" from Amazon.in, would this suffice or would tempered glass be a better option.

Which tempered glass are you guys using? The proper name or link would be appreciated. Please update urgently if possible so I may cancel my Amazon order if need be.

Thanks in advance.

This brand of screen protector is quite reliable. I'm using their screen guards and cases on both my Note 9 and S10e. Shouldn't give you any problem.
Old 14th October 2019, 23:34   #12313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
I think you are looking for this, a bit pricey though https://www.amazon.de/HUIRID-AUX-Kab...a-565527969805
This may not work, its essentially an aux cable for iphone. What is needed by OP is the opposite - headphone socket to female lightening socket (to connect the iphone earbuds). If I understand correctly, that would need an active ADC to be able to convert analog (3.5mm port) to digital (lightening socket) and it will also need a power source. So yes, that may not have been invented yet.
Old 15th October 2019, 06:40   #12314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

This one

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has two of them inside including a nice easy mech to apply them yourself
Old 15th October 2019, 11:03   #12315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Cheers
Am using it with Spigen cover, no screen guard. 90% of the time phone is in my back pocket or riding jacket pocket. So far so good.

Quote:
Use this that comes with the phone kit. https://www.amazon.in/Apple-Original.../dp/B01LWAUW1P and then use 3.5 to 3.5 male connectors that are available.

https://www.amazon.in/Xmate-Force-St...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2019 at 11:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks