Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 05:45   #12391
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Twitter has received too many complaints regarding the Twitter for Apple App being buggy and refreshing on its own.
I found the keyboard being laggy too.
Twitter has since released an update 8.1.5 to solve the problem.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/s...43450656366598

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, Apple TV+ content can be viewed in the mobile app only or this app can be downloaded on a smart TV and content can be viewed on TV as well?
You can view it on your device, on your laptop or via the Amazon Fire Stick. On the Fire stick, go to the Apps tab and download Apple TV.
So far they have only released this service on certain Samsung smart TVs. Roll out for other TVs is planned soon.

Kindly refer to my post in the streaming services thread that I am pasting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Thank you for this news. It costs ₹99 per month.
It is being offered on the apps window via the Firestick.
Tried via google store on my Sony TV but wasn’t available. News articles say it will take time for the roll out to other TVs.

Source: Moneycontrol
Apple TV: Apple Website

List of shows:
List of Shows - Macrumors
List of Shows - MacWorld

Apple TV Review: [url="https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/01/apple-tv-review/"] Apple TV Review

Last edited by Ithaca : 7th November 2019 at 05:53.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:48   #12392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I was at the Apple service center today and they confirmed many reports pouring in regarding severe battery drain with 13.2 My battery was at 95%; which reduced to 93% just after updating to 13.2

We should again expect another update soon. Apart from the night mode, I am not very happy with iOS 13 experience. I wish I could roll back.
Well, came across an article which talks about some measures post IOS upgrades. Not really sure how effective they would be however no harm trying. It also says the battery calibration could be wrong! Well I need a reset of that one for sure :-)

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-13...-drain-issues/

Last edited by sumathindra : 7th November 2019 at 11:49. Reason: edits
Old 7th November 2019, 12:50   #12393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, the front mic (near the earpiece) on my phone was acting lately, resulting in Siri not hearing me properly, low audio on facetime calls and inconsistent audio when recorded from the front cam. Checked with online support and even reset the phone, but it didn't help. Finally Apple Service
diagnosed it as a faulty front mic. I thought it must be debris accumulation but it's a hardware failure. The phone is under warranty and should be back by tomorrow.
Went to collect the phone today. But now they say that my phone would need to be shipped to Bangalore for the repair! This is for the front mic issue. This will take around a week as per them. The phone is still under warranty. Any idea if I can get a replacement or even pay the difference and get a newer model or so? The phone itself is scratch-less and literally as good as new otherwise and was purchased little more than 5 months ago.
Old 7th November 2019, 13:21   #12394
BHPian

Quote:
Went to collect the phone today. But now they say that my phone would need to be shipped to Bangalore for the repair! This is for the front mic issue. This will take around a week as per them. The phone is still under warranty. Any idea if I can get a replacement or even pay the difference and get a newer model or so? The phone itself is scratch-less and literally as good as new otherwise and was purchased little more than 5 months ago.
If the device is serviceable, then there is no replacement. If it is beyond repair or major components needs replacement, they issue a new device. A colleague of mine got one new issued which was under warranty as the motherboard had issues!
Old 7th November 2019, 13:33   #12395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
If the device is serviceable, then there is no replacement. If it is beyond repair or major components needs replacement, they issue a new device. A colleague of mine got one new issued which was under warranty as the motherboard had issues!
Thanks. Feels bad for a new device to be opened and repaired. Will take a decision after I receive the device post repair.
Old 7th November 2019, 17:20   #12396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Mine is at 87% Even I think this may the problem. It was 88% a week back. How much will a battery change cost ?
Earlier this year my IP7+'s battery was at 87% wear level clearing all diagnostics at the Apple service centre. But it exhibited poor battery life where I had to charge twice a day instead of the normal 1 to 2 day battery life per charge.

It even dropped 10% in a matter of 3-4 minutes whilst the hardware diagnostics test was on. I had it replaced in May. Cost me Rs 3500 all inclusive but will vary by model. Just call the nearest service centre to get the exact price.

I think a battery replacment will solve the issue.
Old 8th November 2019, 00:15   #12397
Team-BHP Support

Looking at the battery woes posts (better half's SE is beginning to suffer in the mid-80% range), I'm left wondering.

Isn't it a colossal waste of resources if a battery at 80-odd percent of its peak capacity performs badly enough to make a user consider replacement?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th November 2019 at 00:17.
Old 8th November 2019, 00:31   #12398
BHPian

Quote:
I was at the Apple service center today and they confirmed many reports pouring in regarding severe battery drain with 13.2 My battery was at 95%; which reduced to 93% just after updating to 13.2

We should again expect another update soon. Apart from the night mode, I am not very happy with iOS 13 experience. I wish I could roll back.
I am suffering from the same issues.

iOS 13.0 was horrible, I started getting pathetic battery life, did a scan and found no issues with the hardware, my battery was at 94% of its life. I found Safari was draining a lot of battery.

iOS 13.1 fixed the battery issue, but then it had brought its own set of issues, keyboard not popping up, rotation bug and tiny other issues.

iOS 13.2 came, I had to update as my keyboard was crashing. I updated, and its been 3 days. They solved the keyboard issue. But now, the battery is draining fast, and along with that charging slowed down considerably (its already slow, now slower) and a new issue with WIFI, it doesn't connect automatically, I have to go inside settings and manually pick the wifi

Really this is all messed up now. And now I am forced to update to the next OS to fix my battery life, I don't know what issues it will bring.

Just saw that iOS 13.2.2 is there with some bug fixes. I do hope they don't bring any new bug in this one.
Old 8th November 2019, 11:18   #12399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Just saw that iOS 13.2.2 is there with some bug fixes. I do hope they don't bring any new bug in this one.
After charging 100% by 9:30 in the morning, it is at 95% at 11am, a drain of 5% in 1.5 hrs and not having used it at all let alone a call as well. Something is terribly wrong. Just initiated the update for 13.2.2, have to wait and watch now!
Old 8th November 2019, 13:29   #12400
Senior - BHPian

I have keyboard issues as well. Since this is the first malfunction I ever faced in an Apple, I assumed that the phone must have fallen down (or something), such is my faith. But yeah, its a software glitch. Whats wrong with Apple?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
iOS 13.1 fixed the battery issue, but then it had brought its own set of issues, keyboard not popping up, rotation bug and tiny other issues. iOS 13.2 came, I had to update as my keyboard was crashing. I updated, and its been 3 days. They solved the keyboard issue. But now, the battery is draining fast, and along with that charging slowed down considerably (its already slow, now slower) and a new issue with WIFI, it doesn't connect automatically, I have to go inside settings and manually pick the wifi Really this is all messed up now. And now I am forced to update to the next OS to fix my battery life, I don't know what issues it will bring.
Old 8th November 2019, 14:17   #12401
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no doubt that iOS 13 was released in haste. In most likelihood, there was a deadline to meet for the Apple event in September so that the new phones could ship with the new iOS. A half baked iOS is something people don't expect from Apple. With every update, they are solving some issues and adding more bugs. iOS 12 was so much better in all aspects.
Old 8th November 2019, 14:32   #12402
Senior - BHPian

Bought an iPhone 11 and two apple watch series 5 as gifts for the family. As an iPhone 7 plus user myself, the biggest improvement I could feel was from the camera. It has got a great camera. I loved the always-on display feature of the Series 5 watch as well.
Old 9th November 2019, 18:36   #12403
BHPian

2 days into 13.2.2, battery is now alright. But apps are still crashing, especially safari. Also, wifi doesn't connect automatically.
The keyboard bug and rotation bugs were taken care in 13.2.

Now all they should do is fix Safari, without introducing any new bug.
Old 10th November 2019, 14:48   #12404
Senior - BHPian

Apple Store Dubai, at Burj Khalifa put this Belkin screen guard with much fan fare - charging a bomb in the process, and this is the shoddy quality from month one. Tiny bubbles are spreading out, making typing tough now. Even a 100 Rupee screen guard will be better than this. Approaching Belkin with a complaint.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-dc0de1c3917b4d27b7936ccfe14e9045.jpg  

Old 10th November 2019, 22:26   #12405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
... Which tempered glass are you guys using? The proper name or link would be appreciated. Please update urgently if possible so I may cancel my Amazon order if need be
The first tempered glass I got from showroom cracked due to a drop recently. The phone display was protected from all damages and scratches.

Was looking for a replacement and found this one on amazon https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Spigen, 2 Pack, iPhone 11 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protector)

Came with a EZ fit tray which made installation a breeze. Rs. 1000 for a pack of 2 is real VFM.

The iPhone Thread-51oedp1udjl._sl1000_.jpg

The iPhone Thread-61an5znil._sl1000_.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks