Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 16:06   #12421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Even the idle state is consuming battery. Someone here facing the same problem ?
Same issue on my IP 8 plus. After updating, now it consumes a lot of battery during idle. Overnight, it would dip max by 10% but now its more like 30% of battery. Not sure what is consuming so much battery while idle. Looks like its a widespread issue. Hope they fix it soon. I have never had to remind myself to charge the phone now and then since the battery life was pretty good. But now I am charging more frequently.

Last edited by audioholic : 13th November 2019 at 16:10.
Old 13th November 2019, 16:21   #12422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Jumping from 12 to 13 or 13.2 to 13.2.2? What all is backed to icloud? Maybe photos and other voluminous things are getting synced in the background. Try shutting it down completely, count till 10 and restart.
No drain noticed on the sole iP7 ( on 13.2.2) in the household.

Upgraded from 13.2 to 13.2.2. It has been at least three days I upgraded and have the phone restarted twice. Don't think its still syncing from icloud. For the fact, I sync only the messages to the cloud.
As quoted by @audioholic in the above post, it seems to be a common issue.
Old 13th November 2019, 19:04   #12423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus1134 View Post
Remove the screen protector and this issue is guaranteed to be solved, however you can still use the spigen case, no issues. The quality of the screen protector also matters here, as this issue may not occur on all brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Same thing with my XR. I too have installed a tempered glass. For now, I am living with it, don't want to remove the screen protection and risk it.
Quote:
This is strange. I just checked on my father's XR, which has the 5D tempered Glass(https://images.app.goo.gl/mcvLE1deNT9v3cov5 ), purchased from a roadside stall for Rs 100 and it works perfectly every time.
After the first two replies, i was kind of relieved! Now i got tensed again!

Let me remove the tempered glass and check, if the problem persists, i will take it to Apple Service center.
Old 13th November 2019, 20:00   #12424
BHPian

Quote:
This is strange. I just checked on my father's XR, which has the 5D tempered Glass(https://images.app.goo.gl/mcvLE1deNT9v3cov5 ), purchased from a roadside stall for Rs 100 and it works perfectly every time.
Does your tempered glass cover the whole screen or is there a cut out at the notch? Because this problem usually occurs with full-cover screen protectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
After the first two replies, i was kind of relieved! Now i got tensed again!

Let me remove the tempered glass and check, if the problem persists, i will take it to Apple Service center.
Not to worry, in case it is the screen protector(which is most likely is) and you have one which covers the notch, you can buy one with a cut out at the notch area so that it does not affect the sensors. Or use the phone without one at all like me!
Old 14th November 2019, 04:00   #12425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I think there's an option now; when you enable messages in iCloud, deleting on one device does it on every device.
Thanks for that feedback. Assume both devices need to be synced to the Cloud for this to work, or will setting my phone to sync to the Cloud be enough to automatically sync the watch. Also, once the devices are synced, do the settings need to be changed on the Cloud or on the device?
Old 14th November 2019, 11:57   #12426
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated to 13.2.2.

Noticing 3 major issues:
1. Outgoing calls taking too long to connect.
2. Occasional black outs during calls- no sound.
3. Severe battery drain.

Hope they will release the next update soon and fix these for once and all. Based on my experience with iOS13, I will be wary of updating my phone immediately in future.
Old 14th November 2019, 12:22   #12427
BHPian

iPhone SE (36 months old) After updating to IOS 13 iCloud password window pop issue cropped up. Later, updated to 13.2.2. and backed up Data on iTunes. Formatted / Erased the phone completely then restored the data backup from iTunes.

Working fine since last 3-4 days, no issues noticed. I do follow this procedure for every major updates.
Old 14th November 2019, 13:30   #12428
Distinguished - BHPian

One silly bug in the latest iOS- activate the search feature by swiping down the home screen. Searching a contact name and clicking on it used to call the contact. Now, you do the same and upon clicking the contact, the phone opens the entire contact list. Looks so dumb. Others please try and report if the behavior is same on your phone too!
Old 14th November 2019, 13:40   #12429
Senior - BHPian

My set arrived but unfortunately, looks like old stock. It wouldn't stick properly and was bubbling majorly. So have asked for a new piece or refund. Since mine is 2017 iphone X, this must be ancient. Offer price was 699 bucks only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Was looking for a replacement and found this one on amazon
Old 14th November 2019, 14:08   #12430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My set arrived but unfortunately, looks like old stock. It wouldn't stick properly and was bubbling majorly. So have asked for a new piece or refund. Since mine is 2017 iphone X, this must be ancient. Offer price was 699 bucks only.
Screen protectors are always shoddy. I have had too many bad experiences with screen guards. I have a 2017 iPhone X as well and have been using it for over a year without a screen protector and it is doing great. It is better to invest in a solid case like a Spigen Ultra Hybrid which will protect your phone at all costs, even without a screen protector. After a while, micro scratches may develop on the screen(only visible under careful observation with bright light), but nothing like the ones that show up on a screen protector. Also not to mention, the display looks beautiful without one.
Old 14th November 2019, 14:19   #12431
BHPian

A quick question - Is the iPhone XR 64gb worth buying? Amazon price today is at 42k, please suggest...
Old 14th November 2019, 14:34   #12432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
A quick question - Is the iPhone XR 64gb worth buying? Amazon price today is at 42k, please suggest...
In my opinion yes. If not for anything else, go because of the wonderful battery life this phone has. Apparently, XR's battery is better than the 11.
Old 14th November 2019, 14:36   #12433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Wait for the Dec sales. It should go down to low 30s.
Old 14th November 2019, 15:18   #12434
Distinguished - BHPian

The battery problem of my iPhone went to real lows, and yesterday every glance of my phone led to decreasing battery levels. Not only the phone, even my series 3 watch was horrible. For the first time ever, my phone and watch both died due to low battery before I could reach home and charge. Got frustrated with this and checked the battery use. I dont remember when, but I had enabled background app refresh for some applications that I never intended to. This included my office UOD applications. And these were featuring in the list of the battery consumers in background state. I disabled background app refresh for these apps and also disabled the optimised battery charging option. Now, the issue seems to have gone, since the battery drain is back to its original frugal state. Attaching screenshot for reference.
The iPhone Thread-45a61009a2cf44818031b0402d4bed80.png

Last edited by audioholic : 14th November 2019 at 15:19.
Old 15th November 2019, 08:42   #12435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The battery problem of my iPhone went to real lows, and yesterday every glance of my phone led to decreasing battery levels. Not only the phone, even my series 3 watch was horrible. For the first time ever, my phone and watch both died due to low battery before I could reach home and charge. Got frustrated with this and checked the battery use. I dont remember when, but I had enabled background app refresh for some applications that I never intended to. This included my office UOD applications. And these were featuring in the list of the battery consumers in background state. I disabled background app refresh for these apps and also disabled the optimised battery charging option. Now, the issue seems to have gone, since the battery drain is back to its original frugal state.
While your choice of disabling the background app refresh for certain apps will definitely improve the battery life, I don’t see why the optimized battery charging option should be disabled, as this does not affect day to day battery life. This is rather to retain the overall capacity of the battery for longer, and it certainly works, as storing higher charges in the battery degrades it fast, so I suggest you to keep optimized battery charging toggled on. You can also go to the privacy setting, and under location services change all the app options to “Only while using the app” which will certainly help.

Most Viewed