Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2020, 12:02   #13171
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Congratulations on your new iPhone 12 Pro. About 4-5yrs I had faced same issue when switching from Android to Apple. Had used Copy My Data app as advised on our forum & I was able to transfer some of the data.
Thanks PPS.
Yes shifting from Android to iPhone is a nightmare. However shifting from iPhone to One plus was that much easy.
Old 1st November 2020, 02:13   #13172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
Just received the iPhone 12 pro this morning. Ordered it through apple's official india store as soon as the pre-orders opened i.e. 23rd Oct, 12am.
Went with the 256 gb variant in silver colour. Was previously using the one plus 6T and my last iPhone was an iPhone 7.

First impressions of the phone are it feels extremely well put together.
Congratulations man, seem like your color+storage combo was readily available. I have ordered pacific blue on 16th itself and the delivery is around 10 Nov. I did put in the order very late though.

Coming from OnePlus there will a drastic difference I suppose, let us know how it feels. I had an X before and XR after that so am hoping it’s just incremental with a better screen. It’s sad that one has to order a wall charger separately as the bundle includes a usb-c charger. Luckily we got the usb-c wall charger last year with iPad so I don’t have to buy it at least.
Old 1st November 2020, 03:49   #13173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Congratulations man, seem like your color+storage combo was readily available. I have ordered pacific blue on 16th itself and the delivery is around 10 Nov. I did put in the order very late though.
Thanks Turbowhistle.
Initially it was readily available however now the indian store also shows a delivery of 2 weeks from now for the silver. One of my relatives placed an order for the pacific blue on the 23rd as well and they received it on the 30th so I guess it’s a matter of luck.

Quote:
Coming from OnePlus there will a drastic difference I suppose, let us know how it feels.
Honestly when I shifted from the iPhone 7 to the one plus, it took me a couple of days to adapt to the android system but coming back to the 12, I feel right at home. However, the phone physically feels a lot more premium and well put together as compared to the one plus.
pranavmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 09:12   #13174
Team-BHP Support

Camera on the new Pro is amazing. Clicked a while back.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-bf6f414fa8fa4fe5b2cd98f8942d6a9a.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 10:29   #13175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If there was no post processing on this, looks like there is an asymmetrical vignetting. I guess a software update will fix that.
Miyata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 11:05   #13176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
If there was no post processing on this, looks like there is an asymmetrical vignetting. I guess a software update will fix that.
Am alien to these terms. Directly uploaded from the phone. Another picture from same time, these are night shots, full moon though. What does this mean in layman’s term? It does look nice on the phone though, our servers have a size limit.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-0deea0bf6dee4ffb9fff5a41fbb616a7.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st November 2020 at 11:09.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:16   #13177
BHPian

The recent software update brings this amazingly practical feature through which you can execute some commands by double and tripple tapping your iPhone’s back panel.

* Worked on my SE2, XR and 12. Didn’t work on 7.

* Works even with a hard shell back cover.

Head to Settings-> Accessibility -> Touch -> Back Tap and Select commands you want to execute.

Sample list of commands:
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-ac6eb1457d994189affedaa50071169f.jpeg  

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 1st November 2020 at 12:23.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:34   #13178
BHPian

Apple has issued a recall & free replacement for Airpods Pro models manufactured before Oct'20.

An affected AirPods Pro may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
– Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
– Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise

The replacement is only for one or both Airpods (post inspection) and not for the case.

Details: Apple Support
quickfox11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:41   #13179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Most modern phone cameras, capture + process the image and save it nowadays. All this AI detect the scene being captured and process it as per presets. It can detect the phone owners face and make it brighter too!

Some totally dig this feature
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:29   #13180
Senior - BHPian

My 2015 iPhone SE behaves funnily sometimes.
I use an amazon Basics lightening cable or 2 original Apple cables to charge my phone. Charging is of no issues. In the evenings in my clinic, the phone is connected to my 2015 MacBook Air to charge and sync photos.
Sometimes randomly the phone refuses to connect, it keeps connecting and disconnecting 3-4 times a second with pinging tones. This happens for a while (sometimes 20 mins) and then stops with a stable connection.
I've cleaned the connectors, sockets, tried different cables, tried both USB ports, but the problem has to go away by itself. Nothing seems to work.
And this is very random - works ok for months continuously, then appears for a day or 2 or sometimes more and then disappears spontaneously. Most times it lasts for a few mins draining the battery by 10-20% and then stable connection is reestablished. This has been going on for 3 years and only with this iPhone-Macbook Air combo. I think it must be a software issue. but both devices are in the latest update. and the issue has been there in older OS versions too.
Am just ignoring it, but wanted to know if anyone else had similar issues.
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:00   #13181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My 2015 iPhone SE behaves funnily sometimes... In the evenings in my clinic, the phone is connected to my 2015 MacBook Air to charge and sync photos. Sometimes randomly the phone refuses to connect, it keeps connecting and disconnecting 3-4 times a second with pinging tones... I think it must be a software issue. but both devices are in the latest update. and the issue has been there in older OS versions too.
Am just ignoring it, but wanted to know if anyone else had similar issues.
This is a widely experienced issue and something I have seen sporadically with my MacBook Pro and iDevices too. A quick search netted a couple of fixes (here and here). Hope it works out!

As a result of this issue I stopped using the Mac to charge my iDevices, which I used to do quite often earlier. Also, ever since iCloud Backups have come along I have had less of a reason to connect them.
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:31   #13182
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the iPhone 11 Pro still available at physical Apple stores? Maple or Aptronix or any other store affiliated with Apple? Also what is the price if available?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd November 2020 at 14:29. Reason: typo
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:21   #13183
AZT
BHPian

Just picked up a 6 ft iphone charging cable from Amazon which turned out to be a total dud. Phone actually discharges if I'm using it while charging and even leaving it untouched charging is super slow and randomly disconnects, the fast charge nonsense mentioned on the listing is all BS. There's no return so right now getting it replaced. Below is the link

https://www.amazon.in/Wayona-Braided...s%2C310&sr=8-6

I had bought an Amazon Basics cable 4 years back for my car and it's still going strong, probably gonna pay more and buy that one if I can get this money refunded.
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:29   #13184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
...There's no return so right now getting it replaced...
Get on the phone with them and insist on a refund. They'll oblige for genuine issues even if the product is listed 'No refund, only exchange'.
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:42   #13185
Senior - BHPian

Looks amazing! Is this the 12 Pro or the 11 Pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks