Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 17:03   #13231
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I'm of the same opinion here. This is great for kids, or explorers who need a tiny phone in the backpack for emergencies
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I was convinced that it is going to be way too small for me.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:55   #13232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm of the same opinion here. This is great for kids, or explorers who need a tiny phone in the backpack for emergencies
Spare iPhone 12 mini for emergencies?
Don't people usually keep feature phone for emergencies?
raksrules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 23:09   #13233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Here are some snaps of the product red iPhone 12 and taken in iPhone 12.
Congratulations! The phone looks really beautiful. I like the new flat design. What's the transparent cover you using shown in the picture?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th November 2020 at 01:22. Reason: Fixed broken quotes
AMG1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 23:28   #13234
BHPian

Quote:
I pre-booked my 12 Mini on Friday and during the time I got out of the shop and returned home, I was convinced that it is going to be way too small for me. This was due to the helpful salesperson at Vijay Sales, who actually handed me a 12 mini case for a day, to get a feel of the size of the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Check out the attached images to see iPhone size comparisons. Even though the iPhone 12 Mini is smaller than the iPhone 7 in size, because it has an edge-to-edge display, the actual screen size is just shy of that on the plus sized variants of iPhone 7/8. This post on MacRumors is particularly useful to see what the iPhone 12 Mini will feel like in your hand.

Having bought the iPhone 11 in the recent sale, I now regret my decision ever so slightly as I find the phone too big. I think I will sell it. I'd love to be able to use my phone with one hand again!

The iPhone Thread-3ea3e2bd0604cedb650672a4778f7a260a1853f9.jpeg-20201108-231723.png
Detailed comparison by Joe Beninato (@beninato) on Twitter

Name:  740fb24792c5eb3721dd62294ca7152dd7c052cb.jpeg 20201108 232227.png
Views: 1200
Size:  96.5 KB
Graphic by Kate Matthews (@rhl__) on Twitter

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th November 2020 at 23:55. Reason: No proxy sale please.
Anjadekar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 04:52   #13235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
Congratulations! The phone looks really beautiful. I like the new flat design. What's the transparent cover you using shown in the picture?
Thank you! The cover is spigen case. It’s really nice and is not bulky. Link below:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08BH8LZ22/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 9th November 2020, 13:31   #13236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Spare iPhone 12 mini for emergencies?
Everyone in my family is an iPhone user, so we keep one functional iPhone as a spare amongst us. Spares us the nightmare of using a non accustomed different phone if the need arises, as the backed up data can be restored and we are good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Even though the iPhone 12 Mini is smaller than the iPhone 7 in size, because it has an edge-to-edge display, the actual screen size is just shy of that on the plus sized variants of iPhone 7/8.
The screen size when diagonally mentioned as a 5.4 or a 5.8 or a 6.1 doesn't seem much, but when I consider moving from a 10 screen to Mini., I anticipate some compromises. The number of icons that will fit on 1 page may be the same, but the size of these icons is small. The space around the edges beyond the icons is less. And the battery size is 1800 mah or 2200 mah against a 2800 mah ( numbers may be wrong), which will be another compromise. I can understand that the 11's size is a bit big, but since I loved the 5.8 inches on the iPhone 10 and found the iPhone 12 similar to handle, I felt that Mini will be insufficient.
The embargo on Mini and Pro Max reviews will be lifted this evening and we would get further details from the reviewers.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:49   #13237
BHPian

Quote:
The screen size when diagonally mentioned as a 5.4 or a 5.8 or a 6.1 doesn't seem much, but when I consider moving from a 10 screen to Mini., I anticipate some compromises. The number of icons that will fit on 1 page may be the same, but the size of these icons is small. The space around the edges beyond the icons is less. And the battery size is 1800 mah or 2200 mah against a 2800 mah ( numbers may be wrong), which will be another compromise.
Fair point

Quote:
I can understand that the 11's size is a bit big, but since I loved the 5.8 inches on the iPhone 10 and found the iPhone 12 similar to handle, I felt that Mini will be insufficient.
Have you, or others here, handled both the XR/11 and the 12/12 Pro? If so, then how do would you compare their size and feel? The iPhone 11 certainly does feel too big to me. Do you reckon the iPhone 12 will feel so as well?
Old 9th November 2020, 15:05   #13238
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Apple 20W Power Adapter + Belkin USB-C cable with Lightning connector charges my iPhone 11 upto 43% in 30mins. Not quite 50% as claimed!
Old 10th November 2020, 06:55   #13239
BHPian

Any idea if the Apple Stores (physical) have a HDFC Cashback + 16 months No Cost EMI on the new iPhones? It is mentioned in the indiaistore.com site, but wanted to avoid a trip to validate it. Else i would book online.
Old 10th November 2020, 11:07   #13240
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Any idea if the Apple Stores (physical) have a HDFC Cashback + 16 months No Cost EMI on the new iPhones? It is mentioned in the indiaistore.com site, but wanted to avoid a trip to validate it. Else i would book online.
Yes. The HDFC scheme is also available if you buy an Apple Product from Reliance Digital.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 01:41   #13241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I've had this checked with Aptronix, iMag!ne and iPlanet stores. The cash back is a credit that happens ~120 days. But there is no 16 months No Cost EMI. That is a mistake on their website, it is some other loan offer.

For iPhone, NCE is only 6 months (not 16 or 18). Also according to HDFC SmartBuy offer page, "Cashback offer applicable In-store only".

link: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/16288
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 10:43   #13242
BHPian

Any recommendations good transparent cases and charger?

First time iphone user, waiting for the mythical green 128 gb version.so will buy the other stuff and then read on how best to move android stuff to iphone
Old 11th November 2020, 11:36   #13243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Spigen for cases, and if you can get the OE charger itself nothing like it. Worth the price and will last for years. If not, reputed brands like Belkin which supports apple devices.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:21   #13244
BHPian

Quote:
Look for EGOTUDE Clear Case on Amazon or LOXXO. They have a hybrid version with hard back and soft sides or a full soft case, else as Jaggu mentioned, in the 1000+ range, SPIGEN is the boss. Do note that any and all clear cases will eventually turn yellow.
I went crazy today and purchased all below to 'glassify' my 12.

+ https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A quick form feel about my new purchase, I used my white 12 for a day without any case and it is much better to handle the square edges caseless rather than rounded edges, which I always found slippery. It is easier to pick up the phone and not drop it, maybe due to the additional surface area on account of the squared edges.
With the Case( Bought a transparent silicone case from a local shop to protect till Amazon delivers), the phone feels 'fat', if you lay it on a table and view it at eye level. This could be because of the square edges or my weak eyesight or poor magnification by the case.
The 10 gms less weight than the iP10 is felt while handling, as nowhere is the additional length or width as compared to iP10 dimensions noticeable. When held alongside the XR, the difference in size, bulk and weight, all are noticeable.
After 2 days of using it, I am back to the 'meh or what next' feeling, but that happens with anything and everything I buy.
The night photography on the regular 12 is mindblowing and I can only wonder what the Pro's must be like.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 14:06   #13245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

First time iphone user, waiting for the mythical green 128 gb version.so will buy the other stuff and then read on how best to move android stuff to iphone
I prefer to use the iPhone without a case, but controlled that habit after Apple switched to glass for the back panel as well. Luckily found a few options which are super skinny (almost as good as no case). These are not cheap, but is holding up well for the last 6 months. What I have is an MNML case (semi-transparent), which nicely compliment the midnight green color of the 11 pro. I bought via Amazon for around 40 SGD (~INR 2200).

And this was another option I looked at.

The iPhone Thread-20201111_161232_resized.jpg

The iPhone Thread-20201111_161333_resized.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu
how best to move android stuff to iphone
I used the Move to iOS app when I switched from Google Pixel to iPhone - extremely easy switch. Note that WhatsApp history doesn't get moved.

The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20201111162111_google-play-store.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks