Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2020, 09:06   #13321
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'm using the Apple Watch 4 from last 2 years and totally love it and so tempted to upgrade to the 6 but, somehow not totally convinced
Unlike the iPhone I believe you can keep hold of the watch for much longer - the form factor is the same and with the latest Watch OS, you are not missing much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
The only feature that I miss in my watch is "always on screen" which came in from Apple Watch 5 onwards
Yes, this is my first time getting an Apple Watch. Got the SE but sold it off in a month and got the series 6. Not exactly a wise decision but that lift up the hand to activate the screen was not working for me

The best thing is, I don’t need to carry my phone now when going for a walk, can easily manage with the watch for any calls or urgent notifications.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:28   #13322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Do go for them, you will not be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Received the cable today. Looks very sturdy and nice.
These braided cables are really worthy. You have to do a bit of struggle to loose them. I have been using these cables since 2015 and it still supports my iPhone 7 and XR today.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 17:21   #13323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm astounded by the iPhone Pro camera. Night mode is too good. Yes, it is definitely superior to what Apple has ever produced. I would say, even over the iPhone11, its a huge jump
Thanks for the inputs.Glad to hear that the night mode is better in 12 non-Pro than 11 or 11 Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Definitely an upgrade.

Thanks for the inputs.Well,I'm looking for 12(non pro),not 12 Pro and glad to hear that the camera is much better in night mode of 12 over 11.The availability of night mode is the main reason I want to go for 12 non-Pro.

Good choice. I use the 11 pro now and if I am in the market now, will definitely go for the 12 (probably the mini) instead of the 12 pro. And the Apple Watch is awesome; recently got a series 6 and love it.
Thanks for the inputs.Glad to hear that you want to prefer 12 or 12 mini over Pro series.Coming to watch,I'm planning to go for SE as it is Rs.10k lesser than 6 here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Go for it. But, please do get the pro version as the sensors are larger and there is a visible difference between the regular and pro version

I'm using the Apple Watch 4 from last 2 years and totally love it and so tempted to upgrade to the 6 but, somehow not totally convinced

The only feature that I miss in my watch is "always on screen" which came in from Apple Watch 5 onwards
Thanks for the inputs.BTW,the way you shot the pics on your iPhone 12 Pro Max is simply awesome.

BTW,for your reference,I'm considering the 12(non-Pro)and my main criteria is to have night mode feature in 12 non-Pro.
Old 29th November 2020, 23:17   #13324
BHPian

Upgraded from my XR to this gorgeous 12pro today.

Excuse the film on the case. Forgot to remove it in the excitement of clicking a pic!

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1606672013.084450.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:31   #13325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The best thing is, I don’t need to carry my phone now when going for a walk, can easily manage with the watch for any calls or urgent notifications.
Does the carrier charge any additional fees for activating the watch? I guess only Jio and Airtel have e-sim functionality.
Old 30th November 2020, 12:36   #13326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Does the carrier charge any additional fees for activating the watch? I guess only Jio and Airtel have e-sim functionality.
I am using my Series 3 with Airtel, they don't charge extra however i had to switch from prepaid to postpaid for the apple watch to work
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 14:29   #13327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
I guess only Jio and Airtel have e-sim functionality.
Voda-Idea Vi also has it now.
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:47   #13328

Hello all, I bought the iphone 12pro max on the launch day ie 13th November. I need to transfer the whatsapp chats from my previous phone oneplus7, i tried many options but failed, has anyone tried it? If yes then please help me. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-4125dd5f20c0401a9248e19c03b7320d.jpeg  

Old 2nd December 2020, 20:40   #13329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop Gowda View Post
Hello all, I bought the iphone 12pro max on the launch day ie 13th November. I need to transfer the whatsapp chats from my previous phone oneplus7, i tried many options but failed, has anyone tried it? If yes then please help me. Thanks in advance
Congrats on the phone.

I recently shifted from a one plus to the iPhone 12 pro. To transfer my whatsapp chats, I used a software called dr.fone. You’ll have to buy the software, it was like 20-30$ if I remember correctly, but it does the job perfectly.
pranavmichael is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:56   #13330
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to buy the iPhone 12 from US. Besides the price difference, is there a difference in quality of the product as compared to the Indian product ?

I have seen a difference in quality of the same models of laptops, hence my question.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 2nd December 2020 at 20:57.
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:04   #13331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
I’ve used Anker products in the past, I used to order from USA and, friends and family used to bring it down, whether it be wall chargers or lightning cables.

If you can get a hold of them here, Anker has Powerline II USB C to lightning cable, Powerline II USB A to lightning cable, and Powerline II 3 in 1 cable wherein, it’s USB A to to micro USB cable with additional smaller USB C and lightning wires attached to the main wire near the micro USB end.

I do not have a Macbook so can’t comment on pairing with Anker pl.
Yes, I'm a big fan and user of Anker products too. All my charging bricks currently are from Anker but I use Apple's USB-C to Lightning cable with it.

The only problem I see with Apple cables (other than the cost) is that they fray too easily and my jugaad is to apply couple of layers of electrical insulation tape on either end of the connectors where it generally frays. My iPhone 6S cable I bought in December of 2015 is still doing pretty fine with this.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:08   #13332

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
Congrats on the phone.

I recently shifted from a one plus to the iPhone 12 pro. To transfer my whatsapp chats, I used a software called dr.fone. You’ll have to buy the software, it was like 20-30$ if I remember correctly, but it does the job perfectly.
Thank you
And congratulations on your purchase, Ip12 pro is a delight to handle, i will surely try the software. Is it a single use or can it be used for multiple devices?
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:41   #13333
Senior - BHPian

Signal is better due to extra antenna wiring on side. US quality is always better
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I'm planning to buy the iPhone 12 from US. Besides the price difference, is there a difference in quality of the product as compared to the Indian product ? I have seen a difference in quality of the same models of laptops, hence my question.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 06:25   #13334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I'm planning to buy the iPhone 12 from US. Besides the price difference, is there a difference in quality of the product as compared to the Indian product ?

I have seen a difference in quality of the same models of laptops, hence my question.
There is an extra antenna on the side of the new iPhone series which is US only for 5G mmWave. Otherwise, have used iPhones from the US a couple of times in the past and haven't noticed any quality difference with the Indian ones. In laptops, yes I have seen the difference among other manufacturers like Dell for example. However, haven't noticed such a quality difference among Macs though
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 08:49   #13335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Signal is better due to extra antenna wiring on side. US quality is always better
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
There is an extra antenna on the side of the new iPhone series which is US only for 5G mmWave. Otherwise, have used iPhones from the US a couple of times in the past and haven't noticed any quality difference with the Indian ones.
Thanks for confirming. Understand that the antenna is specifically available on US iPhone. However is the antenna usable in other countries.

Quote:
In laptops, yes I have seen the difference among other manufacturers like Dell for example. However, haven't noticed such a quality difference among Macs though
Exactly. I recently purchased the Dell XPS laptop from US, which looks like the MacBook. The quality definitely looks better than the Indian counterparts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks