Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:40   #13591
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I have an esim in my iPhone apart from physical one. Does the esim gets erased if a factory reset occurs or if I reset network settings?
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:09   #13592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Can somebody suggest a good case? Need one that is not be slippery, that's all.
Am using a Spigen for my older SE. Works well. It's more functional than aesthetic - have dropped my ph 2-3 times, but the case has cushioned the impact well.
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:16   #13593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have an esim in my iPhone apart from physical one. Does the esim gets erased if a factory reset occurs or if I reset network settings?
I believe you can retain the esim by doing

Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Content and Settings' > 'Erase iPhone' >'Erase All and Keep Mobile Plans'.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220032/
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:37   #13594
BHPian

Quote:
OK, am getting this one. Thanks everybody
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
THIS. I strongly suggest you buy the charger from Apple site.
I tried, but since Apple refuses to ship to my pin, I had to get from Amazon. It looks original and charges the phone quite fast. And - surprise - it charges my 6S twice as fast as the original charger. That's an added bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Am using a Spigen for my older SE. Works well. It's more functional than aesthetic - have dropped my ph 2-3 times, but the case has cushioned the impact well.
I went with the kind vinu_h suggested above. It turned out to be nice and sturdy, but a bit bulky. Trouble with these is, they yellow very soon. For my Oneplus 7, I have to buy a new TPU case every six months - but since they come cheap, I don't worry. My wife swears by Nillkin hard cases, so now I've ordered a Nillkin frosted case in blue (https://www.amazon.in/nillkin-super-.../dp/B08MLHMGHC)

I had a Spigen for my Oneplus (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07QZ5W5ZN/) sometime ago. It looked good on the phone, but was so slippery that I had to send it back.

Last edited by civic-sense : 3rd March 2021 at 13:40.
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:58   #13595
BHPian

Quote:
- surprise - it charges my 6S twice as fast as the original charger. That's an added bonus.
Just be careful since the older iPhones are not actually rated for any kind of fast charging. Using a fast charger can actually degrade the battery of your 6S much quicker.
Shiftlock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 18:32   #13596
BHPian

I have an esim in my iphone. Is there any app for messages which seperates messages as per the number it was sent to? Right now its all combined and i am not able to tell whether the message came to my primary or secondary.
Old 14th March 2021, 14:26   #13597
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got around to updating the iOS on my old iPhone SE to v14.4.1. Was kind of forced to since I had a pre-12.x and had not updated it since I had got the phone about 3 years back. Reason for being forced to was - had to install an app required for some work related stuff.

Struggled to clear out space from the Photos - this occupies most of the space, even now. And after clearing, the update used a lot of the cleared up space. v14.x looks disk-space heavy !
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 10:25   #13598
BHPian

Quote:
Struggled to clear out space from the Photos - this occupies most of the space, even now.
Use iCloud for saving your photos. It reduces your phone's storage of photos and stores the full resolution images in the cloud. It costs Rs.75 per month for 50 GB. I have tried Google Photos earlier but it doesn't work properly from an iPhone. With iCloud it is automatic.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 13:26   #13599
BHPian

Hey condor, I have the same situation. My mom’s iPhone SE is still on iOS 12! The reason: same as yours, lack of storage space.

Here is what you can do -

⦿ Uninstall all useless apps that come from the factory - GarageBand, Clips, iMovie, etc.

⦿ Delete videos that are not necessary. iPhone videos take a lot of storage.

If this doesn't give you enough space and you want to back up all your photos -- save them to Google Photos.

Back up all photos in high quality before June 1. They won't count towards your 15GB free Google account cloud storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Use iCloud for saving your photos. It reduces your phone's storage of photos and stores the full resolution images in the cloud. It costs Rs.75 per month for 50 GB. I have tried Google Photos earlier but it doesn't work properly from an iPhone. With iCloud it is automatic.
There are two disadvantages to using iCloud IMO.

One: You have to pay. 5GB is not enough.
Two: Leave iCloud to automatically backup your device, and it will consume huge amounts of your internet pack.
Old 16th March 2021, 14:29   #13600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post

Back up all photos in high quality before June 1. They won't count towards your 15GB free Google account cloud storage.

There are two disadvantages to using iCloud IMO.

One: You have to pay. 5GB is not enough.
Two: Leave iCloud to automatically backup your device, and it will consume huge amounts of your internet pack.
Rs.75 for 50 GB to store your precious photos at the full resolution is a no brainer. I thought I had mentioned that I had used Google Photos which is a pain. iCloud is baked right into the iOS and it is easy. You can set it to use Wifi instead of mobile data if you are in the poor house.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 14:40   #13601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Thanks, EightSix. Will check this out.

Yes, 5GB is not sufficient. Is there a way to back up only the favorite photos to the cloud acct ?

btw, I dont have too many apps on the phone. Not even WA or FB. I do use twitter, but that is read only. Max storage is photos - and the photo quality is one of the reasons I got the SE. Apart from the compact size.

@Prowler - thanks !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 15:02   #13602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, EightSix. Will check this out.

Yes, 5GB is not sufficient. Is there a way to back up only the favorite photos to the cloud acct ?

btw, I dont have too many apps on the phone. Not even WA or FB. I do use twitter, but that is read only. Max storage is photos - and the photo quality is one of the reasons I got the SE. Apart from the compact size.

@Prowler - thanks !
best is to get additional iCloud storage. 50GB is at 75 rupees a month, so its cheaper than water!
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 00:19   #13603
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have an iPhone XR provided from the office. It is hardly used for calls, normally used at the most for responding on google chats and replying to emails.
Now since my one plus 6 which is my personal phone is getting slow, thinking to make use of esim option in the iPhone XR and use it as my primary phone along with the office work.

I'm not able to figure out the best way to move my Whatsapp chat to iPhone till now. Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 00:36   #13604
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm not able to figure out the best way to move my Whatsapp chat to iPhone till now. Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Went through the pain of migrating WhatsApp from Android to iPhone but there seems to be no easy way. There seems to be a paid software, Dr Fone costing roughly 2500 INR I think. I didn’t feel my WA chats were worth that money, so gave up and started fresh on the iPhone. Wasted a lot of time trying to find free resource for free transfer.
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 06:46   #13605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have an iPhone XR provided from the office. It is hardly used for calls, normally used at the most for responding on google chats and replying to emails.
Now since my one plus 6 which is my personal phone is getting slow, thinking to make use of esim option in the iPhone XR and use it as my primary phone along with the office work.

Thanks!
There is no free version which can do the job. Dr Fone by Wondershare works like a breeze and it costs around 1500₹ for that module alone.
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks