Old 2nd August 2021, 17:25   #13786
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Original apple cable would be the best option-

https://www.apple.com/in/shop/produc...o-usb-cable-1m

On the other hand, Belkin isn't a bad option at all-

https://www.amazon.in/Belkin-Lightni...=1&ext_vrnc=hi
Thank you. For some reason, I cannot digest the ridiculous price of the OE cables from Apple. Belkin seems to be a good alternative

Quote:
Strange. I have been using three AB cables (two kept in the house and one in the car) for the last three-four years and they've all held up really well (being used even now).
Thanks for the confirmation.

For now, I have ordered one AB cable and one Belkin (as I was in the lookout for two).
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:34   #13787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Thank you. For some reason, I cannot digest the ridiculous price of the OE cables from Apple. Belkin seems to be a good alternative

Thanks for the confirmation.

For now, I have ordered one AB cable and one Belkin (as I was in the lookout for two).
Even amazon basics cables have great reviews and they work well. I have one and bought for 750 or 799 few months back.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 10:03   #13788
BHPian

Add me to the list of people unable to stand Apple OLED screens. Barely been a month with my 11 pro and I noticed strong eye strain and eye pain that i have never felt before. Although I knew about the PWM issues I never imagined it could be so severe. I really am contemplating selling off my 11 pro. There seems no other way out!
Old 9th August 2021, 13:30   #13789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Barely been a month with my 11 pro and I noticed strong eye strain and eye pain that i have never felt before. Although I knew about the PWM issues I never imagined it could be so severe. I really am contemplating selling off my 11 pro.
Amazing that you could stand it for a month, I couldn’t stand it more than a couple of days. Sold off my 11 Pro Max and am on the 11 ever since. The 12 series is the same and I am expecting the 13 (or whatever they call it) will also be the same with OLED screens.

Unless they change the screen technology don’t know when I would be able to buy a new iPhone and Apple doesn’t seem to care as we are a minority. Suggest you don’t prolong your usage with the 11 Pro and move on.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 14:01   #13790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Add me to the list of people unable to stand Apple OLED screens. Barely been a month with my 11 pro and I noticed strong eye strain and eye pain that i have never felt before. Although I knew about the PWM issues I never imagined it could be so severe. I really am contemplating selling off my 11 pro. There seems no other way out!
My father had the exact same issue when he used to have iPhone 11 Pro, the symptoms for him kicked in quickly. Eye strain/fatigue with headache and fuzziness when reading text and had to blink a few times to refocus. He sold the phone after using it for five months, and replaced with an iPhone 11 in July 2020. iPhone 11 works just fine. Its display is perfect for him in terms of eyes comfort.

Last edited by Shreyfiesta : 9th August 2021 at 14:06.
Old 9th August 2021, 14:05   #13791
BHPian

^Are these issues present on all mobile OLED screens (Samsung etc) or only confined to Apple?
Old 9th August 2021, 14:32   #13792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
^Are these issues present on all mobile OLED screens (Samsung etc) or only confined to Apple?
Before moving back to Apple, I used the Samsung Note 8 and the Note 10 Plus which are supposed to be Super Amoled. Don’t know if it’s exactly the same, but I had no issues whatsoever with both the phones.

People who have issues with PWM or Pulse Width Management will have no issues with the iPhone 11 or the previous Apple phones as they have LCD or Liquid Crystal Display screens.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 21:14   #13793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Even am curious about the same as I have been using Samsung A52 for past 3+ months and have these bouts of headaches in the recent past.

Are these OLED screens made by Samsung? How different are these screens to the one's used by Samsung on their own devices?
Old 12th August 2021, 09:32   #13794
Senior - BHPian

Actually, PWM is all the more prominent in Samsung phones. My partner had to shift from Samsung A71 to a POCO with a LCD to get around this.
Old 15th August 2021, 17:41   #13795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Actually, PWM is all the more prominent in Samsung phones. My partner had to shift from Samsung A71 to a POCO with a LCD to get around this.
Interesting. How come they do NOT speak about these issues, on many a reviews these models have on YT. Moving out of a newly bought device is quite expensive.
Old 15th August 2021, 18:07   #13796
Distinguished - BHPian

Despite very soft usage of the screen, my 4 year old iPhone SE doesnot sometimes respond to touch. I see this both at the centre (to pick calls / slider), or even when trying to switch from alpha to numeric keys.

It does return to normal when I restart it.

Currently running on 12.x.

Any idea what can be the reason ? Phone is always in my belt pouch, and never in my pocket.
Old 15th August 2021, 23:03   #13797
BHPian

Hi there, i am looking for an iphone 6s motherboard(working) or a salvaged/ retired iphone 6s . i have an old 6s that needs a motherboard replacement,cannot get one from the likes of alibaba etc due to obvious reasons and cannot find one anywhere else.
Looking in Delhi, would pay the appropriate , TIA.
Old 18th August 2021, 12:29   #13798

I was trying to get a SECONDARY SIM, to avoid giving main number to all kids of online/ offline sites / characters - Separation of Concerns.

But I need to use old iPhone 6 for this.

Is there some technical issue why Jio SIM or Voda SIM might / not work on it anymore?

It supports VoLTE and I'd used it previously so, I wonder what changed?
Old 18th August 2021, 12:41   #13799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn_in View Post
Is there some technical issue why Jio SIM or Voda SIM might / not work on it anymore?
Jio doesn't work on iPhone 6; tried and tested. All others work flawlessly.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:20   #13800

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Jio doesn't work on iPhone 6; tried and tested. All others work flawlessly.
Thank you sir. That makes sense given our attempts. I'll have to go non Jio for the second SIM.

Mostly Voda, as Airtel always has connect issues in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks