Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 07:30   #13981
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

I was casually checking out iPhone 13 Pro Max pricing (I have only recently flipped to the iPhone Pro 12 which i got from the US earlier this year) and I was shocked when I saw the price difference. I was always aware the difference is meaningful but still that it can be THIS MUCH was a handy reminder.

A 256 GB iPhone Pro Max in the US (even post tax) should end up at about 100k. The same phone in India costs about 140k. That’s just a ludicrous difference by any measure.

Question:
What I wanted to know is, if one buys these phones in the US, can one buy the Apple Care+ in India? Would they sell it standalone for a US purchased phone?

A related point: Can one buy the Care package in US and use it in India if an issue crops up?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd September 2021, 07:48   #13982
Senior - BHPian

Congrats . Are you moving up from iPhone12, and what colour? I'm quite happy with my 12 Pro (Silver) to move up this year. In fact I don't think I'll let go for couple more years
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I will be getting my pre-order 13 pro max tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:28   #13983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats . Are you moving up from iPhone12, and what colour? I'm quite happy with my 12 Pro (Silver) to move up this year. In fact I don't think I'll let go for couple more years
Thanks. I am getting the Sierra Blue. Moving up from a 12 Pro Max, primarily because I can claim it back on tax and also for upgrades.
extreme_torque is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:38   #13984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Look at the regular one. You will be comfortable. I tried both last year and returned back the mini ( In Canada ) If you can save a bit, go with the latest - 13.

Sir,The person who will be using this has small hands. So, he is very particular about the compact form factor.

Will take him to the store to get a hands on feel
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
As Turbnator mentioned above, go with the latest (13) if budget permits. The camera updates, and more importantly the battery will be the key differentiators. I am on iPhone mini, and the battery is the only bit I felt as slightly inadequate. It sails through a normal day but on days with longer screen-time a quick shot of charge is required around 3pm.
Will check the pricing of 13 as well. Since this phone will be used by a not so tech savvy person, the delta benefits that 13 offers over 12 may not be worth the extra money that 13 commands. Will visit a apple store with the person and then decide.

Thank you for your guidance.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:09   #13985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont think they will be able to get rid of the notch even next year because there's just so much technology in there. Apple is reportedly working on an under screen touch id technology which will replace face id and unlike other's the whole half of the display would be a fingerprint sensor.
What I read is they are trying to move the face id sensor under the screen. And I don't think they would go with an under screen fingerprint reader. It will be a side mounted one like in some iPads.
Quote:
Speaking for myself, I dont mind the notch one bit given the convenience of just looking at the phone for bio metric authentication.
For somebody with OCD its a big deal. I liked it when phones had thin bezels on the top and bottom like the S8/S9/G6/V30.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:06   #13986
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded their phones to iOS15? And particularly anyone with Iphone 6S or 7? Any issues noticed like performance or battery drain on older iPhones?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:13   #13987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Has anyone upgraded their phones to iOS15? And particularly anyone with Iphone 6S or 7? Any issues noticed like performance or battery drain on older iPhones?
Updated iPhone 7 with iOS15. Haven't witnessed any performance issues so far. Since it is a home phone, haven't paid much attention to the battery drain.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:04   #13988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Updated to iOS 15 on my 11, no battery drain issue. I feel the phone has become a tad bit snappier after the update, not sure though if it’s just my perception.

If you are having any battery issues just wait for the battery to kind of recalibrate itself after an update. It takes a few days.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:25   #13989
BHPian

Quote:
Updated my 6S to iOS 15. As snappy as before. No increased battery drain either.
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:57   #13990
BHPian

So, I am currently using a OnePlus 7T and with all the issues in the latest OS and news of the Oppo and OP merger, I've been thinking of switching to the iPhone.

How much adaption would be required if I switch over to the iPhone 12 with the 60 hz after using a 90hz screen for 2 years?
Old 24th September 2021, 00:57   #13991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Question:
What I wanted to know is, if one buys these phones in the US, can one buy the Apple Care+ in India? Would they sell it standalone for a US purchased phone?

A related point: Can one buy the Care package in US and use it in India if an issue crops up?

Thanks in advance.
Standard 1 year warranty of an iPhone bought in the US is valid all over and in India too. Apple care package purchased there is valid everywhere too.

I am not sure why a standalone warranty cannot be bought in India for a US phone. I think it is possible.
Maibaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 01:34   #13992
BHPian

Quote:
I updated my X to iOS 15, no issues related to battery drain or performance. Phone is as quick as before.

But for the first time in three years of its usage, the Safari browser app crashed, was worried about all the different tabs on various Team-bhp threads left to be read later would go missing. But a simple restart and the Safari browser app was up and running with all tabs intact.
Rshreyansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 02:50   #13993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
So, I am currently using a OnePlus 7T and with all the issues in the latest OS and news of the Oppo and OP merger, I've been thinking of switching to the iPhone.

How much adaption would be required if I switch over to the iPhone 12 with the 60 hz after using a 90hz screen for 2 years?
You just cant unsee it. 90/120hz on OP series is a different ballgame all together. I have switched to OP8T last year from iPhones(Had 4,5S, 7) and the screen is really something in terms of refresh rate.
Old 24th September 2021, 06:25   #13994
Senior - BHPian

Got mine. Restore in progress. First impressions - crazy fast and crazy smooth and the macro is sweeeeeet! Also glad I went for Sierra Blue. Looks very subtle and classy. More impressions once it is set up and ready to go.

The iPhone Thread-img_20210924_103530.jpg
extreme_torque is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 07:57   #13995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post

I am in the same boat. I too am fed up with the bugs and issues on my 7T post the new update and I'm considering shifting to the 12. I already use an iPad with a 60Hz screen and apple does a great job with UI smoothness even at 60Hz. You will notice the difference initially but will get used to it in a couple of days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks