Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2021, 00:15   #14251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I love transparent covers as they let the beauty of the iPhone shine through in full glory.

As always, I like to get SPIGEN covers as they are the best according to me with respect to quality, price and overall durability.

Here is what I got for my iPhone 13 Promax. And, best part is it was FREE

The iPhone Thread-img_8217.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8216.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8218.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_0517.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 02:31   #14252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I love transparent covers as they let the beauty of the iPhone shine through in full glory.
I guess I am the polar oppsite
Here is how my iphone 13 pro max gets protected.

The iPhone Thread-1image.jpg

But then I have dropped my phone many times in the past, including inside the swimming pool. The case helped scratch free recovery.

I did try out the transparent camera cover thingies, but additional glass in front of camera causes flare, degraded image quality and malfunctioning LIDAR
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 07:14   #14253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

As always, I like to get SPIGEN covers as they are the best according to me with respect to quality, price and overall durability.
Fully agree with you. Here is the cover I use for my 12 pro (regular) and I love it since it lets the original color of the phone shine through.

The iPhone Thread-b26cd4056c3f46c7bba2bdb8aeecd424.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I love my transparent cover also because its so minimalist. But this opposite polar version looks nice too in its own way - specially for the stand feature. Can you share a name / link of this cover please? Does it make the phone too bulky though?
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 07:36   #14254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Fully agree with you. Here is the cover I use for my 12 pro (regular) and I love it since it lets the original color of the phone shine through.

Attachment 2228461

I love my transparent cover also because its so minimalist. But this opposite polar version looks nice too in its own way - specially for the stand feature. Can you share a name / link of this cover please? Does it make the phone too bulky though?
Exxos. I am not sure if its available in India. But lots of such covers on amazon.com (iphone camera shutter case) is the keyword.
I like minimalism, but its too dangerous. If a transparent case with camera shutter comes to market, I would definitely buy that instead of this bulky case. Yes, it makes the phone bulkier.
Old 7th November 2021, 07:42   #14255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But then I have dropped my phone many times in the past, including inside the swimming pool. The case helped scratch free recovery.

I did try out the transparent camera cover thingies, but additional glass in front of camera causes flare, degraded image quality and malfunctioning LIDAR
I reckon you are right about us being polar opposite

Your phone looks like it's ready to take a trip to Mount Everest. I would not even know if it's an iPhone inside such heavy camoflouge.

With respect to blockades to camera. There is none for camera nor Lidar function. SPIGEN is one of the most reputed third party cover maker (especially for iPhones) and they would know that they cannot make anything that hinders an iPhone key features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Nice. Looks cool. I like minimalistic look for the iPhone. It should show it's stock beauty as much as it can while still be inside a cover to provide that protection.

Now with 12 Promax and 13 Promax the camera bump has increased so much that when I am driving, I keep a cloth in center console and place the phone face down to protect the camera modules from any scratches.
Old 7th November 2021, 09:17   #14256
Team-BHP Support

This is what I have on iPhone 12 Mini - https://www.bare-cases.com/

Extremely minimal and goes well with the base color of the phone

The iPhone Thread-file.jpeg
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 11:01   #14257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I reckon you are right about us being polar opposite

Your phone looks like it's ready to take a trip to Mount Everest. I would not even know if it's an iPhone inside such heavy camoflouge.

With respect to blockades to camera. There is none for camera nor Lidar function. SPIGEN is one of the most reputed third party cover maker (especially for iPhones) and they would know that they cannot make anything that hinders an iPhone key features.:
yes, I used to have spigen case, with no camera blockage. My point is that if I also got a camera protector, it would degrade the camera experience so I went for the casezilla
Old 7th November 2021, 12:11   #14258
Senior - BHPian

I use a Spigen Tough Armour case for my iPhone 11. It comes with a kickstand, very useful for watching videos. I like the little bulky feel in the hand also. The photograph from Amazon is for illustrating the case, mine is a green colour phone.

Just yesterday I dropped my phone from about 4 feet on a tiled surface while watching a video. It dropped from my hand on the speaker corner. Due to the case, it literally bounced on the tiles before falling face down on the floor. Unbelievable, nothing happened. The fall was severe enough that if there had been no case or even a minimalist kind of case, the side would have cracked and/or glass shattered for sure.

The iPhone Thread-7c6290e44a184702a3157e3d7d2063a5.jpeg

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 7th November 2021 at 12:13.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 21:27   #14259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2228443

Although I’m sort of ok with the Spigen Hard Armour case for my iPhone 12, I’m not convinced that the same kind of case works well for my wife’s new iPhone 13 pro max. Since there weren’t many options around, I ordered the Spigen case, but due to the protruding design of the three rear cameras, I feel something like what you have shown is a good option. But I just don’t see any such reliable cases on Amazon.
Old 8th November 2021, 21:50   #14260
Senior - BHPian

Look up UAG. These cases are really great
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Since there weren’t many options around, I ordered the Spigen case, but due to the protruding design of the three rear cameras, I feel something like what you have shown is a good option. But I just don’t see any such reliable cases on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-screenshot-20211108-9.50.02-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 13:01   #14261
BHPian

Have being using the RINGKE case on my 11 since 2 years now. Absolute wonder and has protected my phone still looking brand new. This is a display picture, my phone is a black one and gels well with this design.
Attached Images

sumathindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 14:04   #14262
Senior - BHPian

I'm using Ringke, but not convinced of its snug fit. Top left corner is not holding my iPhone12 Pro properly. There is some play. Can you check in yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Have being using the RINGKE case on my 11 since 2 years now. Absolute wonder and has protected my phone still looking brand new. This is a display picture, my phone is a black one and gels well with this design.
Old 11th November 2021, 19:26   #14263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm using Ringke, but not convinced of its snug fit. Top left corner is not holding my iPhone12 Pro properly. There is some play. Can you check in yours
No issues what-so-ever. Its a perfect fit since 2 years!
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 00:22   #14264
BHPian

Wanted to ask those who use automations regularly, how does one set up location sharing with a contact triggered by time/change of location/driving focus being activated? Thanks.
Old 13th November 2021, 02:12   #14265
BHPian

I use rhinoshoeld backless bumper on my iphone 12 pro max.So far going good, bumper costs about 2k.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks