Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 14:34   #14536
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I am confused between iPhone 13 and 13 pro 128 gb variants. The price difference in India is huge. ( 40k vs 200$). Also, 13 always has discounts, as low as 68k in some places. Post cashback its 62k vs 114k. I wonder why it is so. Is it because the demand for 13 pro is very high or because of some other reasons like made in India etc.?
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 14:46   #14537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I am confused between iPhone 13 and 13 pro 128 gb variants. The price difference in India is huge. ( 40k vs 200$). Also, 13 always has discounts, as low as 68k in some places. Post cashback its 62k vs 114k. I wonder why it is so. Is it because the demand for 13 pro is very high or because of some other reasons like made in India etc.?
Apart from the Made in India part, Apple is promoting the 13 or the non-Pro variants as more of ‘mass-market’ devices probably to command a share in the premium phones segment. The offers on various e-commerce sites & recently in the offline stores only strengthen this fact that Apple is aggressively trying to garner the larger share, which it has kind of gotten there almost.

Another reason the Pro models being so expensive is the LiDAR Scanner; which requires special licensing for its usage in India.

Apart from the above reasons, the other ones being the additional camera, better materials, additional RAM, etc. which add up to the cost.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st March 2022 at 15:00. Reason: typo
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:59   #14538
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, if you really need the telephoto lens and are used to higher refresh rate screens from any past devices then consider the pro variant. For all other use cases the 13 is more than sufficient and you won't feel it lacking it under any scenario.
I guess the price difference increase compared to US is mostly due to taxes on the imported pro variant. The non-pro 13 is, IIRC, made in India.
For the price of a pro variant, you can get a non-pro + airpods + apple watch which is the most bang for buck and seriously a VFM deal!
And yes, the pro has a better camera, pro res videography, better night time photos but all this is only noticeable when you compare both of them side by side.. I feel that rarely happens and 13 non-pro is very good on its own.
If it were me, I would go for the combo over the single pro.
Old 1st March 2022, 17:02   #14539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am confused between iPhone 13 and 13 pro 128 gb variants. ?
I moved from the 11 Pro to 13 with no regrets, even thought I didn't really have a budget constraints as such.

I change my phone every 2 years and opt for "the best" but this time i felt I am done wasting on the overkill
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:45   #14540
BHPian

Quote:
Pro motion alone would be enough for me to tell you it’s a no brainer, all you have to do it use it for a few seconds in the store and you’ll never consider a 60hz screen again.

In addition, you get the telephoto lens, lidar, macro mode, a 25% brighter display (at 1000 nits vs 800 on regular 13), better graphics performance due to a 5 core GPU in the pros, 2gb extra ram (6 vs 4), and a better exterior with stainless steel vs aluminium.

Side note: we always pay almost double in India due to taxes and duties, take cars for instance we pay 50L ($66,000) for the Camry hybrid in India whereas the range topping XSE hybrid Camry can be had for just $38,000 in the US.
AJ56 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:20   #14541
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to upgrade my parent’s phones this year. The one my father is using has developed a battery bulge which needs to be replaced urgently. The one my mother uses has developed some glitches with touch response. Since it’s intermittent and localised to the top left of the screen, the impact is not much on usability (for now). Both are Androids, and now roughly 4-5 years old, with no updates for the past 2+ years.

I want to get them iPhones but undecided on the model. I have a combined budget of about 100-110k and the only option in that range seems to be the iPhone XR. I use one as my work phone and it feels adequate for the intended use case (YT, WA, Photos, Videos etc. with a decent size screen) inspite of being a 2018/19 model. Does it make sense to get one (rather 2) now or should I get something else?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 3rd March 2022 at 22:21. Reason: typo
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:45   #14542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I need to upgrade my parent’s phones this year. The one my father is using has developed a battery bulge which needs to be replaced urgently. The one my mother uses has developed some glitches with touch response. Since it’s intermittent and localised to the top left of the screen, the impact is not much on usability (for now). Both are Androids, and now roughly 4-5 years old, with no updates for the past 2+ years.

I want to get them iPhones but undecided on the model. I have a combined budget of about 100-110k and the only option in that range seems to be the iPhone XR. I use one as my work phone and it feels adequate for the intended use case (YT, WA, Photos, Videos etc. with a decent size screen) inspite of being a 2018/19 model. Does it make sense to get one (rather 2) now or should I get something else?
I would recommend iPhone 11. Its around 55k in amazon now. I have used it for 2 years and last week took the 12 mini. I must say the 11 is a damn good phone except it was inconvenient to carry around (for me atleast)! Otherwise the battery, performance is stellar! After 2 years the battery health was at 94%. Good speakers and quite fluid in operations.
sumathindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:04   #14543
BHPian

Quote:
Upcoming Apple event is scheduled on March 8th.
I would suggest to wait till then, We might get to see the new iPhone SE with A15 chip.
Having 5G capabilities would make your purchase future proof.
Also, i am hearing positive rumours on pricing.

Last edited by AjinkyaP : 3rd March 2022 at 23:05.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:10   #14544
BHPian

Quote:
I need to upgrade my parent’s phones this year. The one my father is using has developed a battery bulge which needs to be replaced urgently.

I want to get them iPhones but undecided on the model. I have a combined budget of about 100-110k and the only option in that range seems to be the iPhone XR.
Hi,
I would suggest one of the following options:
A) get your father an iPhone 11 or 12 and for your mother, get her the iPhone SE (3rd gen) which is rumoured to be released on 8th march.

B) get both your parents an iPhone 11, either now or during the upcoming online sales period.
( quick search on Amazon shows the iPhone 11 (128 gb) retailing for ~55k)

C) look at the s21 series from samsung. My grandparents recently got the s21 for 55k and it is a much more improved offering from samsung.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 12:48   #14545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I would recommend iPhone 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Upcoming Apple event is scheduled on March 8th.
I would suggest to wait till then, We might get to see the new iPhone SE with A15 chip.
Having 5G capabilities would make your purchase future proof.
Also, i am hearing positive rumours on pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
A) get your father an iPhone 11 or 12 and for your mother, get her the iPhone SE (3rd gen) which is rumoured to be released on 8th march.

B) get both your parents an iPhone 11

C) look at the s21 series from samsung
Thank you for the suggestions to also look at 11. On paper does not look too different from XR dimensions wise.

About the Apple event on Mar 8. Sure, can wait a couple of more days.
Old 4th March 2022, 15:26   #14546
BHPian

Quote:

I want to get them iPhones but undecided on the model. I have a combined budget of about 100-110k
Why not iphone 12?
I just saw iphone 12 64 gb blue colour priced at 54k and 128 gb version for 60k.
https://www.amazon.in/New-Apple-iPho...10&sr=8-3&th=1

If I am not wrong these were available for less than 50k during the diwali sale.
I am using iphone 11 since more than 2 years now and except for the dull LCD screen the phone is great, cameras are excellent.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 19:11   #14547
BHPian

Get the 6.1” iPhone 12 for both your parents, way superior to the 11 and XR as it has a faster chip (A14) and OLED display vs the LCD found in the other two, also has a much slimmer chassis at 7.4mm. Cheers.

Last edited by AJ56 : 4th March 2022 at 19:13.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 19:24   #14548
BHPian

For anyone coming from iPhone 6S, just want to mention that I was initially hesitant to get a 6.1 Inch phone and even contemplated buying the mini iPhone. Butt I finally went for iPhone 13 regular and feel comfortable with the screen and enjoy the bigger screen.
Yes, when using single handedly and reaching top is cumbersome and using reachability is not as intuitive as it was with a double tap on home button before.
Overall, you will not regret and battery life is stellar at least for me. I charge after 48 hours only based on my usage and before I hit 20%.
Old 8th March 2022, 01:34   #14549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

3-Months Update on battery life of my iPhone 13 Promax

After completing 3 months on 13 Promax, the battery is still a beast. I'm getting anywhere between 30 hours (reasonable usage) to 42 hours (light usage)

This is a whole new level from my previous phone (iPhone 12 Promax)

Charging is also super fast. With my 20W Anker Fast Charger, it charges back from 20% to 100% in little over an hour.

Totally happy with this device. iPhone for life !!!
Thank you for the heads up. I was aware of the adjustments you mentioned.

Regarding the battery life, I agree with you. I am getting 8-9 SOT easily. Due to WFH and all, I am more on my phone but i still get 28-30 hours easy on hard usage. My battery life just dropped to 99% though day before yesterday. I did get my phone in October 1st week, 2021. I don't know if I should be worried yet or not.
Old 8th March 2022, 06:40   #14550
BHPian

Hi All

I have been using iPhone 11 for an year and find it a great phone (I am a first time iPhone user). Feels premium and solid build quality. Currently the battery health shows 92% is this something to be worried about? I still get a backup of up to 24-30 hours in a single charge

Also is there any free call recorder available for iPhone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks