Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2022, 08:20   #14626
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However, Wife is now interested in getting the iPhone 13.
Her primary usage is WhatsApp, calls and multimedia. Decent battery life and good camera is a priority.
Should we buy it?
Not sure of the price cut but the 13 is very good phone. Camera is excellent, battery is good to last a day, and the size is just right – not uncomfortably big.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:07   #14627
BHPian

Bought an iphone 13 Pro Max recently. Fantastic piece of technology .

I am unable to figure out the dual sim(1 x E-sim + 1 x Physical SIM) part. Jio is running via e-sim, BSNL via physical sim. The SMS app however only shows Jio's messages and not BSNL's. How to get around this ?
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:25   #14628
Distinguished - BHPian

Jumped from an iPhone 8+ to 13pro last week. Felt like a proper upgrade and quite some differences to note. The 8+ over the last four years only needed a battery replacement. Rest is running fine even after shattering the rear glass after a bad fall. No slowing down or lag or any other issues with this phone. The 13 pro was my choice for the extra camera and associated capabilities. Must say they have done a brilliant job with the camera.

Since I got the phone carried from the US, I had a saving of 40k with which I spent on Apple care protect for two years. With that I ditched the idea of having a case for the phone And the size of the phone is smaller than the 8+ which is really good to hold. I brought a case but this again ruined the feel of holding the phone so decided against it.

Last edited by audioholic : 14th April 2022 at 10:35.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 11:30   #14629
BHPian

Bought the Samsung S21 Ultra 256GB Silver for my wife on her Birthday. She didn't want to move away from android. We were also looking at Samsung S22 Ultra but it only has marginal differences w.r.t its predecessor and didn't feel the need to pay those extra bucks which is almost INR 20K +.

I'm using the iphone 13 Pro Max. Have to admit that the camera on the S21 Ultra is better at times and the 100x zoom is mind boggling although overall the iphone feels more crisp and has more finesse on major parameters.

Cheers,
Amey

Last edited by Amey Kulkarni : 14th April 2022 at 11:35.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 12:15   #14630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

However, Wife is now interested in getting the iPhone 13.
Her primary usage is WhatsApp, calls and multimedia. Decent battery life and good camera is a priority.
Should we buy it?

iPhone mini, 13 pro and 13 pro Max aren't in contention cos of various reasons.

Also, as iPhone 13 made in india has started today, can we expect a price cut soon?
It’s a great phone, but given your requirements of battery life, solid camera and multimedia I’d say do consider the pro and pro max. The battery life on the pro max is stellar, the only iPhone one can use for hours on full brightness without having to charge in between your day.

Pros have brighter displays, with much better cameras with an additional telephoto lens not found in the non pros.

But the most important feature (to me personally at least) was the 120hz pro motion, it’s something you have to experience for yourself in store as reading online or watching a video doesn’t do justice to the tech. It’s felt every single time you interact with the display and once you’ve experienced it, you’ll never use a 60hz phone again (iPhone or otherwise). Cheers.
Old 14th April 2022, 20:10   #14631
Senior - BHPian

Of late I've been having an issue with WhatsApp.

When I long press to get options on a message, it doesn't work. Closing WhatsApp and reopening it gets this back to normal. This has happened a few times.

iPhone 13 mini on latest iOS
Old 14th April 2022, 21:38   #14632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Not sure of the price cut but the 13 is very good phone. Camera is excellent, battery is good to last a day, and the size is just right – not uncomfortably big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Bought an iphone 13 Pro Max recently. Fantastic piece of technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Jumped from an iPhone 8+ to 13pro last week. Felt like a proper upgrade and quite some differences to note.
I highly recommended my mom to get the iPhone 13 as her 4-year old Samsung was just old. She was not willing to change but, I wanted her to move on.

She was not comfortable with iOS platform as she was used to Android for so many years. I tried convincing her a lot and even proposed her to get the iPhone 13 Pro Max but, she felt the phone was heavy.

She wanted a bigger screen and light phone. After shortlisting a few phones, I got her this phone last week- Samsung S21 FE 5G

I was lucky as Bestbuy dropped the price from $699 to $549 for a week and I grabbed it a night before the price reverted back to $699

I have absolutely no clue on Samsung or Android just that I know Samsung phones slow down terribly after the 1st or 2nd year.

Any feedback on this phone and what to be aware about it?

The iPhone Thread-img_8851.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8854.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8855.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8863.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 22:09   #14633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
just that I know Samsung phones slow down terribly after the 1st or 2nd year.

This statement might have been true a decade ago but it is definitely not now. S21 FE is a flagship from Samsung and you can easily expect 5 years of life out of it. My wife is still using her 6 year old Galaxy S7 and it is flawless and has never once slowed down nor hung nor restarted on its own - things that were common issues in olden day androids. Flagship phones from Samsung are at par with Apple in hardware quality and in some aspects better on software front as well (subjective opinion).
nagr22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 23:27   #14634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
It’s a great phone, but given your requirements of battery life, solid camera and multimedia I’d say do consider the pro and pro max. The battery life on the pro max is stellar, the only iPhone one can use for hours on full brightness without having to charge in between your day.

Cheers.
Thank you guys.
We already bought the iPhone 13 yesterday.
Spent an hour at the Unicorn store cos we were highly confused between the Starlight white and the new Green color. Finally went with the White as it looks more professional for her.

Like i said, this is our first iPhone buy. I took sometime yesterday and today for setting it up and the migration of Jio sim to Esim( which is quite easy to do from home itself). I am highly impressed with this phone. For a hardcore Android user like me i always had an opinion of never getting an iPhone but I stand corrected. Have dropped the idea of getting another Android and will wait for iPhone 14 for myself which i believe is launching somewhere in September. Also the current S22 line up was a bit disappointing for me so that makes the decision easier.
harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 04:24   #14635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
She wanted a bigger screen and light phone. After shortlisting a few phones, I got her this phone last week- Samsung S21 FE 5G

Good choice, my colleague got this last week (in the same Olive Green color) and he is mighty impressed with it. And since your mom was using a Samsung before, this will be an easy switch compared to the 13. Agree with your mom –compared to the iPhone Pro models, the S21 FE feels super light to hold
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 11:49   #14636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Of late I've been having an issue with WhatsApp.

When I long press to get options on a message, it doesn't work. Closing WhatsApp and reopening it gets this back to normal. This has happened a few times.

iPhone 13 mini on latest iOS
You mean the pop up mini version of the message + the options are not coming up? I am not having an issue with Iphone 13 + latest update.
Old 15th April 2022, 13:47   #14637
BHPian

Any iphone SE (2016) users here?

I might finally upgrade my SE and am looking for feedback/curious to know from that specific group of SE users what they upgraded to and why.

Thanks in advance!
Old 15th April 2022, 19:44   #14638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
You mean the pop up mini version of the message + the options are not coming up? I am not having an issue with Iphone 13 + latest update.
No the pop-up with Star; Forward; Copy; Delete: More...
Old 16th April 2022, 06:44   #14639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good choice, my colleague got this last week (in the same Olive Green color) and he is mighty impressed with it. And since your mom was using a Samsung before, this will be an easy switch compared to the 13. Agree with your mom –compared to the iPhone Pro models, the S21 FE feels super light to hold
Absolutely right. S21 FE felt feather-weight compared to my iPhone 13 Promax.

To be fair to Phone, 13Pro Max feels like a solid brick of "Gold".
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 12:47   #14640
BHPian

Quote:
I have upgraded to 15.4.1. Let's wait for a couple of days to get it stabilized and then will let you know the charge cycles have improved or not.
Hi mobike008, how is the new update holding up?

I have the 12 Pro and I am holding back with regards to this update as the initial reviews weren’t very confidence inspiring. The battery health of my current phone is at 88% after 15 months of usage. Currently running on iOS 14.8.

Would you recommend going for this update? And is it really worth going in for, as there aren’t any significant changes in the iOS 15 compared to the 14.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed