Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 15:57   #15061
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Good going you lucky guys! It’s in the news that flipkart is cancelling iPhone orders at their whims.

https://www.aajtak.in/amp/technology...626-2022-09-24
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 16:07   #15062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
I had already given the email id while buying the physical sim.
Store guy told me that they can’t put email id at the time of buying.
Now, I called customer care and asked them to update email. They said I will receive sms for confirmation but it’s been 15 hours, there is nothing. They asked me to wait for 4 days that’s when this request closes in their system. They said it will be updated automatically even if sms is not received.
Old 24th September 2022, 19:19   #15063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Store guy told me that they can’t put email id at the time of buying.
I was able to put in the email id during while buying the sim. I bought it at the physical Airtel Store directly. Maybe you can try your luck at a different shop by buying a new sim or try to buy from Airtel website online.

Other option would be to move the Jio Sim to eSim and keep the physical Airtel Sim.

You can also trying putting the email id in Airtel app. I was able to change my email id to another one.

https://apps.apple.com/in/app/airtel...pi/id543184334

The iPhone Thread-png-image-3.pngThe iPhone Thread-png-image-2.pngThe iPhone Thread-png-image.png

Last edited by car_addict : 24th September 2022 at 19:24.
car_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 19:34   #15064
BHPian

Quote:
You can also trying putting the email id in Airtel app. I was able to change my email id to another one.
Thanks for the detailed info.
Updated through app yesterday night. I guess it might take few more hours to update in their system. When I send esim message, getting email error. I will just wait for 1-2 days.
Old 24th September 2022, 20:27   #15065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the exact same green colour from Flipkart yesterday .

My experience was different. The delivery person insisted on opening the cover, box, seal and phone in front of me, without me even asking for it. Maybe he was going for the unboxing experience.
Congrats
In your case the delivery would have been marked as open box and they had to open it completely in that case. I saw a you tube video today in which delivery boy dropped the phone while unboxing it and it got dented. Flipkart is only ready to issue a refund and no replacement. Buyer is keeping it as he got it for 46k and that price again won't be possible soon. In my case I made sure when he was opening it to do it subtly and carefully.

Reading the comments below Airtel move to esim looks cumbersome. In my case Jio esim over SMS took only 2 hours to shift from physical sim. No wonder Airtel is losing the market to Jio fast.
Old 24th September 2022, 22:34   #15066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Got it in afternoon.
Flipkart delivery is shitty as usual for high value items. This was clearly an open box delivery. However, the courier guy stated Flipkart didn't mark it as open box delivery so he won't be doing it.
Same here. Even after paying extra 29 for open box delivery, they did not mark it as open box in their system. Delivery person showed me his phone, and it was not marked as OBD. Just asked for OTP. He said if it was marked as OBD even by his own personal choice he could not say no to OBD as he has to upload photos of the unboxing.

Flipkart really needs to improve here. Had this been available on Amazon I would not even have looked on Flipkart.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 23:13   #15067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post

Flipkart really needs to improve here. Had this been available on Amazon I would not even have looked on Flipkart.
Does anyone have any idea why Amazon is not selling IP13 in this sale. I guess there are many who don't like to buy high value items from Flipkart.
Old 25th September 2022, 01:05   #15068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Does anyone have any idea why Amazon is not selling IP13 in this sale. I guess there are many who don't like to buy high value items from Flipkart.
No clue what went wrong with them. 10 mins prior to the sale they had it listed on their site. If you want you can go ahead with Flipkart for this one, one I got is August 2022 manufactured - Made in India. The delivery guy was cooperative too, he suggested me to record it while unboxing.

Else you can wait for Apple sale. Starts on 26th.

The iPhone Thread-screenshot-20220925-01.04.07.png
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 08:53   #15069
mtk
BHPian

Mistakes were made.

Installed iOS 16 on my XS Max and since then the phone’s battery life has been even worse. The phone heats up so much that for the first time since owning the phone (in 4 years) my phone displayed a message that charging has been paused and will resume after the phone cools down
Old 25th September 2022, 09:13   #15070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Mistakes were made.

Installed iOS 16 on my XS Max and since then the phone’s battery life has been even worse. The phone heats up so much that for the first time since owning the phone (in 4 years) my phone displayed a message that charging has been paused and will resume after the phone cools down
A new update is available. My phone automatically updated from 15.7 to 16.0.2, should fix as I heard from friends.
Old 25th September 2022, 09:34   #15071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A new update is available. My phone automatically updated from 15.7 to 16.0.2, should fix as I heard from friends.
It didn't fix the issue for me. Idle battery drain is huge and phone gets hot with mild usage.
Old 25th September 2022, 09:39   #15072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
It didn't fix the issue for me. Idle battery drain is huge and phone gets hot with mild usage.
You may want to check battery usage data to see if you are able trace it to some specific application. I had experienced an issue in the past that was traced to a specific app syncing data with server every 1 minute that was draining the phone.
Old 25th September 2022, 09:40   #15073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The new iOS 16.0.2 update is buggy too. It is advised that users who are on the iOS 15’s latest to refrain from updating to 16. There are still plenty of bugs in the 16.0.2 update.
It is best to wait for the main point release of iOS 16.1.
Old 25th September 2022, 10:45   #15074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Mistakes were made.

I also noticed higher drain in my IP12 mini post this update. Then disabled the astronomy widget wallpaper and that seems to have solved the issue for now. The message that you got is an addition in iOS 16. The feature is such that when the phone gets hot, charging is paused. Resumes when it cools down. So, even if earlier your phone went heated, you might not have encountered this message.

However, I made a similar mistake like you too. My other phone, 6S was issued a last update, iOS 15.7 around the same time I guess. And I updated thinking that it’s the final update for 6S, so why not. But post the update, the already bad battery backup of 6S has become worse. I don’t know if I can rollback. If I could, I will.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 11:36   #15075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the exact same green colour from Flipkart yesterday .

My experience was different. The delivery person insisted on opening the cover, box, seal and phone in front of me, without me even asking for it. Maybe he was going for the unboxing experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
This was clearly an open box delivery. However, the courier guy stated Flipkart didn't mark it as open box delivery so he won't be doing it. I politely insisted so he agreed to do it but kept on insisting it's Flipkart who does this intentionally cos in open box delivery they have to pay 30 Rs extra to delivery guys. Thankfully he opened it an everything was in order. And this is happening with lot of guys so please be vary when yours is delivered.
Congratulations guys

I guess location-wise the experience is different. I bought the iPhone 12 last year in Flipkart BBD sale and it was a flawless experience in Bangalore.

Btw just saw the price for iPhone 12 128GB in amazon sale. It’s more than what it was in flipkart BBD sale in 2021 & I didn’t even get the best price (missed the 1st hour so paid 1k more)

Amazon has it listed for 52,999 whereas I paid 52038 last year.

This is a snapshot from my order history of FK.
The iPhone Thread-85d95c1125274dac80300764b212594f.jpeg

This is amazon listing.
The iPhone Thread-9a84faacd3aa46929ed07b8cb1ada502.jpeg

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th September 2022 at 11:38.

Most Viewed