Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 12:05   #15076
mtk
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A new update is available. My phone automatically updated from 15.7 to 16.0.2, should fix as I heard from friends.
I updated to 16.0.2 couple of days back. Same story
Old 25th September 2022, 14:02   #15077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Does anyone have any idea why Amazon is not selling IP13 in this sale. I guess there are many who don't like to buy high value items from Flipkart.
I have a theory about this.

Amazon mentioned on there page they will sell iPhone 13. Then they saw the 49990 price Flipkart was going to sell it. No way they could give the lower or same price because who will then buy there 43k priced iPhone 12 which they were heavily advertising. So, at last moment they simply made iPhone 13 disappear from their site so iPhone 12 sale won't be affected and customers won't even say Amazon couldn't match Flipkarts pricing for iPhone 13. As soon as sale will be over I expect iPhone 13 listing back on Amazon for 65k.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 14:24   #15078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Installed iOS 16 on my XS Max and since then the phone’s battery life has been even worse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A new update is available. My phone automatically updated from 15.7 to 16.0.2, should fix as I heard from friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
It didn't fix the issue for me. Idle battery drain is huge and phone gets hot with mild usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
It is best to wait for the main point release of iOS 16.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
But post the update, the already bad battery backup of 6S has become worse. I don’t know if I can rollback. If I could, I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I updated to 16.0.2 couple of days back. Same story
Guys, I updated to 16.0.2 on my 11, no issues luckily. I am using the same lock screen/wallpaper background which I was using prior to the iOS 16 update. Please try using the earlier wallpaper, don’t do anything with the new lock screen format and give it a try.

You could also take a backup of your phone after using the earlier lock screen, wipe/reset your phone and restore from this backup. See if it makes a difference to your issues and update here. These things are funny, sometimes doing this could resolve the situation. There is nothing to lose by trying this except a little time and trouble.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 25th September 2022 at 14:27.
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 00:05   #15079
BHPian

I updated my iPhone 13 pro max to 16.0.2 today and it seemed to have fixed the issue of slight hanging of phone. I am still to test the Battery backup, hopefully it will be like before.
Old 26th September 2022, 00:11   #15080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
FlipKart exchange program is just hog wash. I had an old 6S, had put in a new battery, skin and tough glass - total cost $200. The online exchange value quoted was 4800, still I was fine with it. First thing he does is remove the tough glass, without even informing me , then he dilly-dallied for 45 minutes pretending check the device (Which is in pristine condition). Finally he quotes Rs 2400.
Similar story here. The delivery agent installed some "yantra app", did some diagnostics and it showed some 2k for my iphone 6S. Since I had read your above post before, I already knew where it was going and was prepared to say no. So I paid 4700 in cash and retained the 6S. Luckily he didn't remove the screen protector.

Flipkart's exchange program is fast becoming untrustworthy. The last three items I have exchanged in the recent past (tv, refrigerator and washing machine) they came walked around it and quoted a price lower than what was originally promised. All three times I accepted because the difference wasn't much.

Amazon's exchanges have gone much kore smoothly for me, but their exchange prices have always been a notch lower than Flipkart rates, and for some products they quite what is an "assured price". For the same 6s Amazon was quoting 3700 against Flipkart's 4800.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have a theory about this.

Amazon mentioned on there page they will sell iPhone 13. Then they saw the 49990 price Flipkart was going to sell it. No way they could give the lower or same price because who will then buy there 43k priced iPhone 12 which they were heavily advertising. So, at last moment they simply made iPhone 13 disappear from their site so iPhone 12 sale won't be affected and customers won't even say Amazon couldn't match Flipkarts pricing for iPhone 13. As soon as sale will be over I expect iPhone 13 listing back on Amazon for 65k.
Actually, no. This tactic, they have been following for the last couple of festive sales now. Means they are both together in this. This year Amazon had the iPhone 12 on sale, while Flipkart took the 12 mini and 13. Flipkart was selling the 12 for the regular price while Amazon pulled the 13 off the listing.

They are cartelizing and it's not good news.

Last edited by dragonfire : 26th September 2022 at 00:16.
dragonfire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 02:27   #15081
Senior - BHPian

What would be the rough second hand price for a 6 months old used iPhone 13 Pro 128GB ?
My wife is not happy with the shift and is planning to replace it with a Pixel 7 pro when it's available
Old 26th September 2022, 03:34   #15082
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Have any one of you felt that Apple has downgraded the quality of the iPhone?

I recently switched from a 5 year old iPhone 8 to iPhone 13. Bought it in Flipkart BBD sale. The first thing I noticed was the plasticky feel of the silent button on the side vs very sturdy feel on my iPhone 8. I even made my wife to toggle the button on both the phones and even she felt that the action on iPhone 8 is way more smooth and reassuring. The second observation is camera flash. I was on a walk with my wife few days back and it was quite dark I asked my wife to switch on the torch on her One Plus Six. I couldn’t help but notice that the flash on her phone is not as good so I turned the flash on on iPhone 8 and the flash was way more superior to One Plus Six. I thought the latest generation would have even stronger flash but the flash on iPhone 13 is quite mild as compared to iPhone 8. The third instance is with my brother’s phone. He bought iPhone 13 some five months ago. His phone has a back tempered glass installed and has a hard case on too. Few days back he dropped his phone from a two feet distance and the back glass shattered and the cost to replace it is 35000. However I have my iPhone 8 for five years and I never used a phone cover or a tempered glass at front or back. I dropped my phone multiple times in these five years, the rear glass broke a month back when it dropped from a four feet distance and hit the ground at the same spot where it had been hit previously and had a very mild crack line on the edge. Overall I feel the quality has gone down by quite a margin. And not to forget the cheap tactics used by Apple of not providing the headphones and charger in the name of reducing e waste. This is my fourth iPhone. I had iPhone 5s,6,8 and now this. And the quality always felt an improvement from previous one but this time it feels degraded. Not very happy with the way it’s going.

Last edited by nik0502 : 26th September 2022 at 03:37.
Old 26th September 2022, 08:16   #15083
Distinguished - BHPian

Exactly after a 1.5 months (I posted on this thread on August 11th) and 1-year ownership of this phone, my 13 Promax battery has further degraded from 95% to 93%.

Is this normal?

Eitherways, I am trading in this phone so not too worried.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_8729.png  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 08:31   #15084
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The 13 Pro Max is brilliant, but apparently bored of it and now need to jump to the new one. I expect the cycle to repeat in 12 months
As mentioned earlier – got the 14 Pro Max (256 GB) on the weekend for my wife; except for the Dynamic Island thing and (very) slightly different looking camera array, it looks pretty identical to the 13 Pro Max. I did not like the deep purple color in the pictures and videos but it looks classy in real.

The iPhone Thread-20220925_114758.jpg

For those looking at the regular 14, I recommend upgrading to the 14 Pro or going with the 13 or 13 Pro. The regular 13 and 14 are identical to look at and 95% of the specs are the same as well, which makes the latter quite redundant.
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 08:49   #15085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I did not like the deep purple color in the pictures and videos but it looks classy in real.
Are you sure that's a deep purple color? To my naked eye, it looks dark/slate grey.

If yes, I am surely disappointed.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 09:12   #15086
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Are you sure that's a deep purple color? To my naked eye, it looks dark/slate grey.

If yes, I am surely disappointed.
It is indeed the Deep Purple color
It’s not a loud shade; quite close to the Space Black, but with a bit more shine and understated elegance. The Sierra Blue of the 13 Pro was more distinct compared to this.

My favorite of the iPhone colors is still the Midnight Green that came with the 11 Pro
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:04   #15087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
You could also take a backup of your phone after using the earlier lock screen, wipe/reset your phone and restore from this backup. See if it makes a difference to your issues and update here. These things are funny, sometimes doing this could resolve the situation. There is nothing to lose by trying this except a little time and trouble.
Thanks for this idea. Yesterday I took a back up of phone on my laptop and restored the phone to new software 15.7 (what is the last update for my 6S) through the laptop only. It took some time as the entire iOS needs to be downloaded & unpacked in your laptop. Post the restore, I restored the back up of my phone which brought back all data (except songs as I don't sync songs in backup).

Though it is not yet 24 hours post this restoration but I can definitely see that the battery backup is back to normal now.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:46   #15088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Though it is not yet 24 hours post this restoration but I can definitely see that the battery backup is back to normal now.
Hi Saket, do keep us posted after using the phone for a week or so. Would be intresting to know if this method fixed the issues.

I’m having an iPhone 7 on iOS 15.6. It is running on a replaced battery (original Apple) however, the battery life off late isn’t great. Not sure if it’s the age of the phone or the software update. Was thinking of updating it to the latest or rather last update for iOS 15.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 23:00   #15089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Exactly after a 1.5 months (I posted on this thread on August 11th) and 1-year ownership of this phone, my 13 Promax battery has further degraded from 95% to 93%.
This is a disaster of epic proportions, equal to armageddon. All the problems and issues in the world pale in significance to this happening. May God grant you the strength to cope with this loss of a whole 2% of battery degradation. I am sure it will be extremely difficult for you manage with this phone for another 15-25 days. Be brave, you can do it!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 01:03   #15090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Cheers
Or you could wait for a little more time till they release a proper version Going by the majority feedback, I feel it's better not to waste time experimenting on such things.. I remember android upgrades on my oneplus phones used to be much simpler !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks