Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 11:57   #226
BHPian

Well, it was 28k and some places 25k in bangalore last weekend, not the one which passed by. The rise in prices is due to lesser number of 1.1.1 for sale on shelf. And unless the 1.1.2 unlock is out, the prices are gonna go high.
Old 17th December 2007, 17:11   #227
BANNED

In delhi iphone 8gb sells for 25.5k for 8gb variant .
Old 17th December 2007, 18:27   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
how old are these prices mate ?
Old 17th December 2007, 21:01   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Where?? i am looking for one!! gaffar is selling for 27k.
Old 18th December 2007, 12:57   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
some places 25k in bangalore last weekend
Can you tell me where in Bangalore can I pick an unlocked one.
Old 18th December 2007, 14:32   #232
BHPian

I went to the market in Hyderabad yesterday. Those guys told me that the iphone prices have increased because its not supplied unlocked. Earlier these guys were importing for less price and unlocking and thus selling 8GB for 22K however it is now coming already unlocked and thus the prices have now become 27K for 8 GB. forgot to ask him about gurranty/warranty
Old 19th December 2007, 12:26   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Price is currently 30.5 in Bombay ! Insane !
Old 19th December 2007, 12:28   #234
Senior - BHPian

Ahmedabad is less demanding market. Prices have not increased here. anyone need help lemme know.

But the real reason for my posting here is different. A friend got an iphone a few days ago. I have received calls from his phone 6-7 times by now. He doesnt even know about how it happened. Others have also complained of the same to him.
Old 19th December 2007, 19:42   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_raiser View Post
If any body has updated information please post the same quickly. I got a 4.02.13_G (aka 1.1.2) landing in Mumbai day after tomorrow. I still have not found a technique to unlock it online or in the market.
Me too. I have the factory configured 1.1.2 and there's no way still to unlock it. If anyone has any information, please share.
Old 19th December 2007, 19:49   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Me too. I have the factory configured 1.1.2 and there's no way still to unlock it. If anyone has any information, please share.
Brother Downgrade and It to 1.1.1 and then unlock.Steps given here

Unlock the iPhone - the simple tutorial!

OT Delhi Guys If anybody is looking for a second hand iPhone(8 GB),My friend is selling his,Its completely unlocked working fine,3 Months Old,He is expecting something around 20-25k for it,Anybody interested PM me.
Old 19th December 2007, 20:04   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Brother Downgrade and It to 1.1.1 and then unlock.Steps given here

Unlock the iPhone - the simple tutorial!

OT Delhi Guys If anybody is looking for a second hand iPhone(8 GB),My friend is selling his,Its completely unlocked working fine,3 Months Old,He is expecting something around 20-25k for it,Anybody interested PM me.
The factory configured iphone has a new bootloader and no one still has been able to crack it. It cant be unlocked as of now. :(
Old 19th December 2007, 21:58   #238
BHPian

1.1.2 Features - from v1.1.2 UNOFFICIAL Change Log - ModMyiFone.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more

The following changes have been observed after upgrading to the new v1.1.2
  • Faster and smoother operatability, you don't feel the lag anytime during a screen change
  • Apps, including 3rd party, respond to functions must faster.
  • 98% of the Apps for v1.1.1 work (they all haven't been tested yet)
  • The volume of the speakers is more louder and does not tear the speaker on high volumes or pitch sounds.
  • The International support with AppSupport makes it now possible to: Receive service SMS's from banks and other operators which are now readable without the gabbled text
  • The Caller ID works without mentioning the country code before the number in the Address Book.
  • VM Notification now works! (Concurrent problem with Rogers and Fido customers)
  • Processing speed and bus frequency of the processor been bumped up to 412 MHz CPU Freq. and a 103 MHz Bus Freq. (Originally 400 MHz CPU Freq. and a 100 MHz Bus Freq in v1.1.1). This is documented by SysInfo
  • MUCH BETTER Battery Management : -
    - Wi-Fi life is improved as it now switches into a less power hungry standy mode
    - New standby modes for EDGE and Wi-Fi. EDGE standby icon indicates a blue block instead of "E" and Wi-Fi standy icon indicates grey signal strength instead of blue. In turn, the iPhone now searches for EDGE or Wi-Fi only when prompted by the user (opening Safari, Youtube, etc).
  • When entering a password, the shift key acted as CAPS LOCK in 1.1.1. This has been fixed.
  • When you turn off the phone and turn it back on, it goes straight to the home screen instead of the slider screen.
  • A smooth transition is noticed when switching between the Album cover screen and list screen in iPod.
  • Photo Library being a lot smoother, faster scrolling through pictures.
  • Removed the extra 'Contacts' option from Settings.
  • APN SETTING are not deleted after reboot
  • Custom ring tones are not deleted.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:25   #239
BANNED

Dont buy iPhone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Price is currently 30.5 in Bombay ! Insane !
I have iPhone 1.1.2 OTB with me sitting as an expensive paper-weight!

Online communities engage each other and artificially increase the price of this useless phone from $400 to $700+ now! This is purely because of creating artificial demand for Ver 1.1.1 iPhones by virtually making newer versions useless.

Dont get into the trap of iPhone mania and buy an expensive equipment which will NOT have warranty and not so sure whether it would work after upgrades; to top it all there are guys who got their iPhone bricked!

MHO - NOT WORTH IT!
Old 20th December 2007, 14:42   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchi View Post
I have iPhone 1.1.2 OTB with me sitting as an expensive paper-weight!

Online communities engage each other and artificially increase the price of this useless phone from $400 to $700+ now! This is purely because of creating artificial demand for Ver 1.1.1 iPhones by virtually making newer versions useless.

Dont get into the trap of iPhone mania and buy an expensive equipment which will NOT have warranty and not so sure whether it would work after upgrades; to top it all there are guys who got their iPhone bricked!

MHO - NOT WORTH IT!
Hey Ramchi, let me know if you want to sell your phone. Hope you are not looking for too much money on it. Completely useless anyway now right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks