Size:  27.4 KB
Mobile Browsing Report
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:34   #767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Can i update my phone software to v2.0?

I'm pretty outdated at the moment, still running v1.1.1
If you have a mac machine it would be easy, otherwise windows tutorial is lil complicated. Also small bugs are still around in V2 software.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:42   #768
Team-BHP Support

Now dont get tooooo exited but read on, there is absolutely NO confirmation if India is in this list, as of now.

iTWire - August 22 sees 20 more countries go iPhone 3G!

Although Apple aims to have 70 countries selling the iPhone 3G by the end of 2008, only 22 sell them so far. Now comes news that Apple will start selling the iPhone 3G in 20 more countries from August the 22nd – get ready for more iPhone mania!
Old 22nd July 2008, 20:30   #769
BHPian

i would use iphone only for the browser and the ipod in it. the browser in it is so good and i donot have to carry an ipod with me. and i donot think the mini opera browser is as good as safari IMO

hi sahil
you can download the latest itunes 7.7 and connect the iphone and click update it will download and will update the phone. it will work even with windows the same way. i have some friends who did it on vista so it should not be a problem. but if its unlocked it will be bricked. so just be carefull and follow the instructions given by the unlocking software you used. hope this helps

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th July 2008 at 13:30.
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:49   #770
BHPian

Iphone Launch in August End !!!

Hi Guys
Another Info on I-Phone launch in India.
Iphone Launch in August End

The site states the price for 8GB for Rs 11K to 12K.
Hope its true, but considering Apple and lack of legislation in India for defaulters, it seems highly unlikely.

Thanks
Old 24th July 2008, 13:21   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can i update my phone software to v2.0?

I'm pretty outdated at the moment, still running v1.1.1

here is a tutorial for windows users. I dont think you will need to upload to 1.1.4. Install boot neuter with 4.6 dll and everything except faceblank on.

I just upgraded mine.

Now does anyone know how i can use my airtel wap on this ?
Old 24th July 2008, 13:39   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
here is a tutorial for windows users. I dont think you will need to upload to 1.1.4. Install boot neuter with 4.6 dll and everything except faceblank on.
The easiest way is to find a customized firmware which runs BootNeuter on startup? Or create one on a friends MAC?

Then the only upgrade/unlock step is to just restore the phone with this customized firmware, using iTunes.

Quote:
Now does anyone know how i can use my airtel wap on this ?
I think you will need the Airtel Mobile Office service for internet access.
Old 24th July 2008, 13:40   #773
BHPian

hi,
just received a message from AIRTEL !!

The iphone you have been waiting for is coming soon on AIRTEL in india.to book your iphonesms iphone to 54321 or log on to www.airtel.in/iphone3g
Old 24th July 2008, 14:01   #774
Senior - BHPian

There is a torrent link on the website i provided for the custom 2.0 firmware. I just got the i phone a couple of days back and i am a complete newbie to the i phone so i followed the guide step by step. Dint want to take any chances.

The phone is not as bad as i expected it to be. will use it for a bit before i go back to my trusty old e90.

It sucks that i have to pay 400 bucks for MO when i can use NOP also on my e90 which costs only a 100 bucks.
Old 24th July 2008, 14:02   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I just upgraded mine.
Thanks !

Are you facing any problem with the new firmware such as yellowish screen display and poor battery life?

Would this erase all my memory?
Old 24th July 2008, 14:17   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks !

Are you facing any problem with the new firmware such as yellowish screen display and poor battery life?

Yellowish screen display is kind of crash during boot time. When there is crash battery drawn very fast.

I am also working for telecom company and many a times this yellowish screen crash is very difficult to solve. Although its main reason is stack overflow. Mobile phone have very less & limited stack memory.
Old 24th July 2008, 14:34   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
My other option is the htc diamond as of now and sony xperia if it ever gets launched.

True...but dosen't the HTC diamond look a little bit girlish !! i just felt so ..
Old 24th July 2008, 16:45   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Yellowish screen display is kind of crash during boot time. When there is crash battery drawn very fast.

I am also working for telecom company and many a times this yellowish screen crash is very difficult to solve. Although its main reason is stack overflow. Mobile phone have very less & limited stack memory.
Yes, the iPhone is known to cause that Yellowish tinge, mostly among on lookers who do not have one. I have seen it too many times, but of course, the battery does not drain any faster because the phone does not know that the guys next to it are turning yellow.

Or, could it be possible that Steve Jobs has adopted a strategy similar to this - Guerrilla Marketing defined: Yellow with envy

And about the "stack", do you mean those small tiny chips stacked on top of each other with very little space to spare? You are right, space is at a premium inside, and the "stack" is very tightly packed.

And jokes apart, I am running the new firmware, and this is probably the best one I have seen. There are a lot of cool apps at the app store, many of them free now. Plenty of good time can be wasted, and the apps are all tested and certified by apple, so does not bring the phone down like before.

And if anybody wants a do it all customized firmware, I can point you at one, and this thread is NOT the place to ask for that.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:28   #779
BHPian

tadukuttan. I did my friend's iPhone Classic to Firmware 2. He had a problem with the address book contacts not being shown (was resolved in the older firmwares using AppSupport). Did you encounter this problem? Did you have to manually fix it? Or is there a fix out?

I am still waiting for more (un-official) apps to be added, but the firmware does look cool

Quote:

Didnt really notice the yellow tint, but then we were in a bit of a hurry. Your phone will be completely wiped clean. So make sure you backup your songs, emails, and most importantly contacts. Also make sure you check that they are present on your computer.
I did backup of contacts but forgot to verify if they were actually synced. As you might guess, my friend had to go home without a contact list
Fortunately he had synced his phone at his home computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
You forgot to add one small bit to your extremely informative post. Please do let us know when Opera is available for the iPhone.

Dont you really have nothing else to do?

Last edited by srijit : 24th July 2008 at 17:35.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:34   #780
BHPian

the yellowish tint is not created by firmware update its done by apple they did it to make the screen warmer thats what apple says. so i think its not related to firmware and i did not see that tint on my iphone or my friends who updated to firmware 2.0

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks