Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 09:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Wholesale dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
yup, the best options is always to shop around lamington/ritchie/SP road , depending on which city you are in
Usually what I do is go to a wholesale person/shop and buy parts from there.
When there was Octroi in Gujarat, these people were outside the city limits.
But now as there is no longer Octroi in Gujarat, these people are now avaliable in the city area are present in reasonable numbers.

My links were just to give a general idea. I had mentioned this in my earlier post. Basically assembling a system yourself will also make a difference as you wont do the work just for the sake of it, but you will do with your heart.
Old 4th May 2008, 10:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

No to DDR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Thanks guys.
Is DDR3 absolutely necessary?

DDR3 pricing is crazy. Any cheap DDR3 boards out there?
My options:
Exxxx/Qxxxx approx 10k
Asus P5KC (Asus support is pretty bad here. I had to wait for a month to get a replacement). Would prefer a different make if available. Do I go for a combo board with both DDR2 and DDR3 support? Or, get a cheap-ish DDR2 board for now and upgrade once DDR3 prices become stable? Or take the plunge and get a DDR3 board?

The 30k budget is only for the Processor, Motherboard and RAM. I have all other components.

Still confused!
I would suggest that you shoul d not go for DDR3 as they are right now insanely expensive plus the motherboard will also cost more along with processor.

Go for some reasonably priced Motherboard and processor with DDR2 667. DDR2 667 will cost approx. 1000rs. for 1gb module.
DDR2 800 is also a good option, but then your motherboard should be compatible ( however not to worry, even the cheapest motherboard now a days have DDR2 800 support ).
Old 4th May 2008, 23:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Got one more link.

Hey man,
I have got one more link:
Computer price list in India - Buy best Computer Hardware Components,Peripherals ,Computer Parts and Accessories and Desktop Computers at cheap prices in India

Here some of the prices are misquoted that like the price of intel Core 2 Extreme Q6xxx as 46K, actually that price is about the 45 nm Q9xxx.

But for mid and high end the prices are good.

Just have a look at it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks