Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 10:55   #91
BHPian

Added a GPS to my car yesterday. Bought a Grmin Nuvi from amazon for $100 and shipped it via a friend to India. Downloaded Garmin Mapsource City Navigator India NT 2009 beta from the internet and installed. After a bit of trial and error, it worked.

Maps do not seem to be very detailed. In fact, all roads in Electronics City, Bangalore, where I live is missing. Yet to test it inside Bangalore city. Anyway, good for the cost incurred.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Added a GPS to my car yesterday. Bought a Grmin Nuvi from amazon for $100 and shipped it via a friend to India. Downloaded Garmin Mapsource City Navigator India NT 2009 beta from the internet and installed. After a bit of trial and error, it worked.

Maps do not seem to be very detailed. In fact, all roads in Electronics City, Bangalore, where I live is missing. Yet to test it inside Bangalore city. Anyway, good for the cost incurred.
Ive ordered satguide maps for my garmin GPS 60csx yesterday and they should be here in a couple of days.
They (satnav people) say say that the maps are pretty detailed 628 cities with 20lac poi's. Paid 2280 for all!!!

Will report once I see it for myself
Cheers
Old 4th April 2010, 20:05   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Ive ordered satguide maps for my garmin GPS 60csx yesterday and they should be here in a couple of days.
They (satnav people) say say that the maps are pretty detailed 628 cities with 20lac poi's. Paid 2280 for all!!!
Satguide maps for garmin at Rs 990 only. Check their website: SatGuide for Windows phones, Symbian phones, Laptops and Garmin
Old 5th April 2010, 13:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Satguide maps for garmin at Rs 990 only. Check their website: SatGuide for Windows phones, Symbian phones, Laptops and Garmin
Wow! That's a super offer. Who wants to throw away 7k now for MMI?
Old 6th April 2010, 07:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Wow! That's a super offer. Who wants to throw away 7k now for MMI?
@civic-sense

Buddy I cant thank you enough. Your message yesterday saved me about 1200 bucks. Thanks a lot.

I called these guys (Satguide) in the afternoon as was in a mood to argue or give them a piece of my mind at first. Told the executive that I bought the maps on the 31st of March 2010 and on the 1st April they go ahead and reduce the prices. Also I said that if they were to reduce the prices they could have told me and I could have always bought it 1 or 2 days later. NOW I FEEL LIKE AN APRIL FOOL AND THAT THEY'VE PLAYED A PRACTICAL JOKE ON ME!!!

The executive calmly listened to me and politely said that "Sir we will refund the difference to your credit card" and in 30 mins I receive a printscreen on the refund transaction
I was elated. Thanks to you buddy!!!

BTW Ive used the maps but am not really getting the hang of the 60csx, so I might give it a try for couple of more days and if not happy might just sell it!!!
Any idea what should be the price of a 1 week old 60CSX, with a vehicle mount, a car charger and Garmin all india Maps???
Old 6th April 2010, 10:01   #96
Team-BHP Support

By the way if the prices are reduced, upgrade prices should also have come down?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:23   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
... and in 30 mins I receive a printscreen on the refund transaction
That is so nice of them. They seem to be very ethical, contrary to some reports I saw on the internet.
Quote:
BTW Ive used the maps but am not really getting the hang of the 60csx, so I might give it a try for couple of more days and if not happy might just sell it!!!
Any idea what should be the price of a 1 week old 60CSX, with a vehicle mount, a car charger and Garmin all india Maps???
How are the maps? Is it detailed enough? Currently, I am using navteq maps, which are not detailed at all. Would like to place an order if satguide maps are good.

BTW, how easy was the installation? Did it come in an SD card?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:46   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
By the way if the prices are reduced, upgrade prices should also have come down?
Yes, the upgrade prices have also been reduced by 50%. The new price is Rs.490.00. Map Upgrade
Old 7th April 2010, 09:26   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is so nice of them. They seem to be very ethical, contrary to some reports I saw on the internet.
Ii was surprised myself. I had the whole speech prepared but I was takes aback when the exec said we'll refund the difference.
Thats +1 for them!!!

Quote:
How are the maps? Is it detailed enough? Currently, I am using navteq maps, which are not detailed at all. Would like to place an order if satguide maps are good.
I have nothing to compare it to . Been using google and yahoo road maps on my Nokia E90, so compared to that, google and yahoo road maps are way ahead. But sadly there's no option to convert these to garmin format.
But compared to the Garmin maps (if Garmin calls 1 line and circle in delhi a map) the Satguide is generations ahead!!!

Quote:
BTW, how easy was the installation? Did it come in an SD card?
Simple plug and play. Came with a 1 GB micro SD card (I specially requested them for this) and I simply inserted the card and it was functioning.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:53   #100
BHPian

Team BHP Support.

Posting links for downloading Pirated Material is STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED on Team-BHP.

Last edited by bblost : 11th April 2010 at 11:06.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:47   #101
BHPian

The satguide maps at 900 odd Rs is wonderful news. I have a Garmin lying unused with since I came back from US and surely now will by the maps and install
Old 12th April 2010, 13:59   #102
BHPian

Found this software 'OkMap' on the net.

They claim:

Quote:
OkMap is an interactive software which allows you to work on your computer screen with digital maps that you have either bought or scanned. OkMap can also import vectorial data from the most common formats and DEM data relevant to height informations.

OkMap can also interface Google Maps and Google Earth.

Supported Gps devices:
Upload/download through GpsBabel: Garmin and Magellan
NMEA navigation: all GPS devices that support Nmea 0183 protocol
I have not yet checked it out.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:51   #103
Team-BHP Support

By the way, is this offer permanent or its valid for some time only?
Old 12th April 2010, 17:18   #104
BHPian

The GPS Bluetooth receiver is at 50% off in satguide.in : GPS Bluetooth Receiver Any idea whether it is worth the money now? I have a Nokia E series without GPS, so I hope I can hook it with this one. And if I ever complete my carpc project, it can be used there too. Also how to mount it discreetly on windshield so that it points to sky? Need to figure out the wiring for charging it too.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:20   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
First you need to unlock it
GpsPasSion Forums - Navigon 2100 Unlocking FAQ
After that you can install Destinator(Satguide), Garmin Mobile XT with satguide map from Satguide, or Mapmyindia Mireo software.
hi, need some assistance on installing the Mireo Software on the GPS.. how do i do that.. I have managed to unlock it..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks