Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: India Maps for Garmin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Agreed.

Here is what I think you should look at:

Nuvi 2567LM

http://www.garmin.co.in/products/ont...67lm/#specsTab
Looks good. The current one we have is the 2465LM which has given me excellent service. My son does not like the Garmin interface, so I am not sure he will update it. I must say, I was surprised to see the Ganges Barrage route linking Kanpur - Lucknow on his MMI maps. I am not sure whether it is the preferred route or not, since I still have to figure out the MMI navigation.

The 2567LM is 17900 list, so should be be in the 15-16k range on Amazon.
Old 15th April 2017, 15:51   #3572
J.Ravi

Re: The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)

Today, my phone got the software for NaviMaps app updated with the new November 2016 maps.

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-screenshot_20170415153713205.jpeg

The previous version:

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-screenshot_20170415153912334.jpeg

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-screenshot_20170415154000431.jpeg

More map data and PoI than the previous version.

Old 27th April 2017, 17:01   #3573
BHPian

Re: The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)

Cross-posting, but does anyone have experience with Android based GPS devices like the one below?

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-20170105112454_88104.jpg

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-20170105112457_72695.jpg

Source: http://www.gearbest.com/android-gps-_gear/c_11247/
Old 31st May 2017, 16:49   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Re: The OpenStreetMaps Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
There is a workaround. Download Garmin Basecamp on your computer, plot your route on the computer using Google Maps, save that as a KML or KMZ file, and send that file to your Garmin device.
Superb video. I completed all the steps and exported to my Garmin WT 265 device, but when I switched it on, I could not find that route anywhere. It does figure in my memory drive on the device, when I search after connecting to a laptop.

Any clues? Further, I don't see an 'app' icon on my device, though the video shows it. Also, I'd like you to know that my India maps are on the SD card in the device. The main drive has the US maps that came with it.

Last edited by ampere : 4th February 2018 at 18:45. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 23rd July 2017, 23:33   #3575
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Urgently in need of a GPS device, any pointers on what is the latest and best up in the market?
Old 24th July 2017, 07:38   #3576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Urgently in need of a GPS device, any pointers on what is the latest and best up in the market?
My take would still be the same Garmin 25XX series. If you buy the LM* version in India, you get free map updates.
Old 18th September 2017, 12:25   #3577
BHPian

Hi folks, how is map update going on with Garmin devices off late?
I was checking latest maps (2017 release) and they still have the condition saying - "*Map updating process will be compatible only by using window 7 and Internet Explorer (IE) as a web browser."
Old 18th September 2017, 16:24   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Superb video. I completed all the steps and exported to my Garmin WT 265 device, but when I switched it on, I could not find that route anywhere. It does figure in my memory drive on the device, when I search after connecting to a laptop.

Any clues? Further, I don't see an 'app' icon on my device, though the video shows it. Also, I'd like you to know that my India maps are on the SD card in the device. The main drive has the US maps that came with it.
My god, deepest apologies for completely ignoring you! I totally forgot the existence of this thread. I don't know why, but I never get email notifications when there is some activity in a thread I participated in, even though I have set the forum software to do so.

Anyway, back to the point - it looks like your unit does not have the Apps feature that mine does. I can load extra apps onto my device; doesn't look like you can.

My India maps too are on the SD card. The device came with North America maps.

I am sorry, I am afraid I do not have much more info to be of any help to you.

Once again, apologies for forgetting this thread exists!

Cheers
Old 18th September 2017, 16:36   #3579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

I am sorry, I am afraid I do not have much more info to be of any help to you.

Once again, apologies for forgetting this thread exists!

Cheers
No issues, I relied on Google Maps on my Android phone, and they were quite accurate. Now I need to find a good phone holder for my dashboard so that I don't have to peer at my phone on the gear console.
Old 7th November 2017, 18:50   #3580
BHPian

Have an old Garmin 265W. As of now it's updated with Satguide maps from 2012 and have not updated it after that at all. I checked Satguide website and their last map update is 2013 it seems. Are there any map providers who sell India maps for old Garmin devices? Don't want to invest in a new device as of now and just need the maps (in budget).
Old 7th November 2017, 19:00   #3581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
265WT does not support routing feature. Hence the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Have an old Garmin 265W. As of now it's updated with Satguide maps from 2012 and have not updated it after that at all. I checked Satguide website and their last map update is 2013 it seems. Are there any map providers who sell India maps for old Garmin devices? Don't want to invest in a new device as of now and just need the maps (in budget).
Move on from Satguide. I think they are history. Garmin's own maps are the best. Even MMI have stopped maps for Garmin.
Old 7th November 2017, 19:27   #3582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No issues, I relied on Google Maps on my Android phone, and they were quite accurate. Now I need to find a good phone holder for my dashboard so that I don't have to peer at my phone on the gear console.
I use this. As long as you don't knock it off with your hand. It does its job very well. I prefer this magnetic holder over the claw like holder I had for my former Garmin device, its much more easy to mount and dismount your phone.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:00   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Move on from Satguide. I think they are history. Garmin's own maps are the best. Even MMI have stopped maps for Garmin.
Can one get Garmin's maps for the older devices too? I was not able to see any compatibility list or the price on their website? Most of the map updates listed were for LM devices.
Old 8th November 2017, 12:12   #3584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Can one get Garmin's maps for the older devices too? I was not able to see any compatibility list or the price on their website? Most of the map updates listed were for LM devices.
Ideally they should work. But I dont know they have changed over time. Will be always good to confirm with Garmin support.
Old 4th February 2018, 17:42   #3585
BANNED

I bought an 2 DIN android head unit, Geesonic brand. It has SD card slot for maps. But where can i get the indian maps, especially south offline maps, so it can be used easily to navigate anyplace without data.

Most Viewed