Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 13:09   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
How are you so sure of the price of this phone? I just checked the website and it still says 'coming soon'.
Is it already available in your town??
It has been officially launched recently in India and will be available soon the official launch price will be 21839/- and the street price should be below this . check this out Tech2.com India > Nokia Unveils 5800 XpressMusic in India > News on Mobile Phones Mobile
Also when I bought the map my india software they had assured me of unlimited updates as well as a lifetime license for Wayfinder. They also told me that the software is transferable to any other symbian based phone in future although they said it is not transferable to another os platform like windows mobile etc.
Old 1st December 2008, 14:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by someshb View Post
mapmyindia released their first upgrade in July-Aug, they gave the upgrade complimentary since it was the first upgrade.. But subsequent upgrades will be chargeable, and yes they have not finalized upgrade cost structure.

And regarding mapmyindia demo, in bangalore you can walk into any of the 'Staples' stationary stores and they will give you a full product demo.
Thanks for the info Somesh.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:55   #33
Vin
BHPian

has anybody tried the blaupunkt navigators launched in India, they are supposed to be using mapmyindia software,

cheers
Old 2nd December 2008, 04:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
has anybody tried the blaupunkt navigators launched in India, they are supposed to be using mapmyindia software,

cheers
I too saw an advt on TV today. I've mailed them with a few queries, and will post relevant parts of the reply here.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:14   #35
BANNED

how is ASUS 527

looking for the pros and cons of Asus P527 from fellow bhp team members. how is their another device which is 3G Enabled Asus P750 .Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:37   #36
BANNED

SatGuide Map Software --price reduced by 50 %

Maps | GPS Navigation India | India Map | Turn by Turn Navigation
SatGuide release ONE INDIA map for SYMBIAN OS
Special limited time offer Rs. 1999 (MRP Rs. 3999)

also looking for the right mobile - screen size should be of good size- to have this software loaded.suggestions welcome.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

The November issue of the magazine Coordinates has the car GPS brands ripped and analysed. You could check it out. However, getting Coordinates could prove a bit difficult as it is a highly technical magazine. The magazine is really good. It is the only Indian magazine on the subject of mapping and navigation etc.
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:15   #38
BANNED

you can download "Coordinates" magazine from their site

AVAILABLE for download @ http://mycoordinates.org/pdf/nov08.pdf
(anyway thanks for the magazine info mr Sudipto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
The November issue of the magazine Coordinates has the car GPS brands ripped and analysed. You could check it out. However, getting Coordinates could prove a bit difficult as it is a highly technical magazine. The magazine is really good. It is the only Indian magazine on the subject of mapping and navigation etc.
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:28   #39
BANNED

can you review this device-NAVIGO 3.5"with satnav and also if possible with another GPS software .thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
18,510 markup for the standalone device is very expensive. You can buy a generic Windows CE satnav stand-alone device for about £50 (RS4,000) then buy the software for RS3,490 and you got a standalone GPS device for RS7,490.00. You can install TomTom, , iGo, MioMap Destinator, Mapmyindia etc etc to these generic devices

One such generic device is :
Navigo 3.5" Sat Nav V2 - UK Maps, Full Postcode Search - ALSO plays MP3 & MP4 - Ebuyer
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

You are welcome brother. I like your enthusiasm for GPS and I am glad that you find Coordinates useful. But I guess India will need several years before it can match up to what the developed world has, in terms of digital maps. I use a very basic Garmin that can only tell me where I am and if needed it can help me go back following the route I came - useful only in a desert or a jungle, where I don't go in any case !! lol
Old 3rd December 2008, 05:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
AVAILABLE for download @ http://mycoordinates.org/pdf/nov08.pdf
(anyway thanks for the magazine info mr Sudipto)
Thanks to the both of you. Downloading and reading the pdf file.
Old 3rd December 2008, 07:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Satguide guys have sent a mass mail to the users that they are selling all india map and 4.3'' PND for 9999. This seems interesting.

Further the users were given their latest 1.5 million POI, 200+ cities map as a free getsure.

I started using this map on my PDA since the last 2+ years. The maps have evolved much, and twice they had given the free updates - were significant updates.

Only the s/w and map cost areound 2k now
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:24   #43
BHPian

You are right Laluks.

GPS Navigation India | Personal Navigation Device(PND) | Turn by Turn Navigation

They are selling Voxtel X430 at Rs11586/-, which is inclusive of shipping and handling. Yes, I had called them up 10mins back to confirm that the offer is true and not a web site goof up!!!

However, they told me that this offer is not available in stores now and is only for web order. Did the e-mail you receive mention anything of that sort?
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

contact them, Rs 9999 is the offer.
It mentioned till Dec 31.2008.

It said you had to contact them and they will work it out

I can paste the mail here. But the mail is an advertisement sort. Probably the mods can tell me if it is ok to paste.

But the gist is 9999, and till dec 31, and contact them.

Last edited by laluks : 3rd December 2008 at 09:05.
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
contact them, Rs 9999 is the offer.
It mentioned till Dec 31.2008.

It said you had to contact them and they will work it out

I can paste the mail here. But the mail is an advertisement sort. Probably the mods can tell me if it is ok to paste.

But the gist is 9999, and till dec 31, and contact them.
Hmm... will contact them a little later today, once I collate all the questions I need to ask them!! Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks