Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:56   #46
BHPian

And the order has been placed. Will get the device in hand in 7-10days.

Initial experience with SatGuide support team has been good. Had a few phone calls to and fro, to clarify certain doubts that I had and they were helpful. They are keen on business and the only grouse that I have is that they do not have the particular model (Voxtel X430) in stock at any of their stores. Would've preferred to see it in "physical form" before placing the web order.

A BIG THANKS to HVK, Ramky and Laluks for all the well-meaning and genuine inputs, on and off the forum.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
You are right Laluks.

GPS Navigation India | Personal Navigation Device(PND) | Turn by Turn Navigation

They are selling Voxtel X430 at Rs11586/-, which is inclusive of shipping and handling. Yes, I had called them up 10mins back to confirm that the offer is true and not a web site goof up!!!

However, they told me that this offer is not available in stores now and is only for web order. Did the e-mail you receive mention anything of that sort?
The unit advertised on their site is a generic GPS box with their mapping s/w on it. I have seen exactly the same units branded as Binatone X430 Carrera in the UK. You can run mapmyindia s/w on this unit pretty easily although it requires a SD card.
Old 5th December 2008, 23:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the order has been placed. Will get the device in hand in 7-10days.

A BIG THANKS to HVK, Ramky and Laluks for all the well-meaning and genuine inputs, on and off the forum.
Hai Unni,

Was talking to Hyderabad, Satnav Tec for the update for which I am due and learned that Shoban is now posted in Bangalore as Regional Head, details below. Since you have already given the order, you can refer my name and hound him for a physical sample or any othe details. He has quoted me 11586/- net, says the original price is 20K.

Shoban Babu T, Regional Sales Head-South, SatNav Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mobile,: +91 96111 10421, Office: 040-6677 7333 Ext: 339/353, Fax: 040-6668 7333.

--Ramky
====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th December 2008 at 23:20.
Old 5th December 2008, 23:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

any delhi dealers contact addresses?
Old 5th December 2008, 23:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
any delhi dealers contact addresses?
Don't know, though I think they must be having somebody / some office there.

Buz/Sms Shoban and he'd be able to tell you.

Happy Hunting,

--Ramky
====
Old 6th December 2008, 00:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

whats the tbhp handle of shoban?

the price on the website it still 19995.

so how come its available at 9999?
Old 6th December 2008, 01:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Unni,

Was talking to Hyderabad, Satnav Tec for the update for which I am due and learned that Shoban is now posted in Bangalore as Regional Head, details below. Since you have already given the order, you can refer my name and hound him for a physical sample or any othe details. He has quoted me 11586/- net, says the original price is 20K.

Shoban Babu T, Regional Sales Head-South, SatNav Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mobile,: +91 96111 10421, Office: 040-6677 7333 Ext: 339/353, Fax: 040-6668 7333.

--Ramky
====
Thanks Ramky, will call him up in the morning.

OT: Was out on a 850km round-trip and hence the delay in response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
whats the tbhp handle of shoban?

the price on the website it still 19995.

so how come its available at 9999?
It seems the offer is over. It has been removed from their website. No idea why. I guess you'll have to call them up and check.
Old 6th December 2008, 10:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ramky, will call him up in the morning.

OT: Was out on a 850km round-trip and hence the delay in response.

It seems the offer is over. It has been removed from their website. No idea why. I guess you'll have to call them up and check.
They are blitzed with orders at this price, said they are ramping up procurement. At 12 K, this is tempting when others are selling equal rig for 20K.

850 kms trip... to Kerala and back?

@ navpreet318: He's not a member here. If its 19995/- then the offer is over before time!!!! Still you can try to twist his arm by calling up, may work.

--

Last edited by ramkya1 : 6th December 2008 at 10:12.
Old 6th December 2008, 19:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
They are blitzed with orders at this price, said they are ramping up procurement. At 12 K, this is tempting when others are selling equal rig for 20K.

850 kms trip... to Kerala and back?

@ navpreet318: He's not a member here. If its 19995/- then the offer is over before time!!!! Still you can try to twist his arm by calling up, may work.

--
Got the Voxtel unit delivered today afternoon by BlueDart. Efficient i'd say. Didn't expect the unit to come till Monday or later next week. And as usual, didnt get time to read the manual well or explore the features (reached home after 1130hrs today and had to come back by 1900hrs to office, hence). The unit is pretty well constructed and looks neat, i.e if looks are anything to go by!!

Its too early to post an initial impression, since I just used it as a free wheeling map on my 10km drive to office. The offer is still on and will last only till stocks last or latest till 31st Dec. So, if someone is planning to buy, please place the order ASAP.

Ramky, the trip was to a place called Manjeshwar, midway between Mangalore and Kasargod. Temple visit. Kerala trip is about 1400km round-trip.
Old 7th December 2008, 10:54   #55
BANNED

how is Voxtel - PND - X430 ?

were you able to work with this. how is the speed and accessibility. any view on the GPS connectivity speed. is the size OK for getting "the map" of the place looking for. any other comments . possible let us know the MP3 Playback quality.thanks

Quote:
Got the Voxtel unit delivered today afternoon by BlueDart. Efficient i'd say. Didn't expect the unit to come till Monday or later next week. And as usual, didnt get time to read the manual well or explore the features (reached home after 1130hrs today and had to come back by 1900hrs to office, hence). The unit is pretty well constructed and looks neat, i.e if looks are anything to go by!!

Its too early to post an initial impression, since I just used it as a free wheeling map on my 10km drive to office. The offer is still on and will last only till stocks last or latest till 31st Dec. So, if someone is planning to buy, please place the order ASAP.

Ramky, the trip was to a place called Manjeshwar, midway between Mangalore and Kasargod. Temple visit. Kerala trip is about 1400km round-trip.

Last edited by shapath : 7th December 2008 at 10:56. Reason: small edit
Old 7th December 2008, 13:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get a GPS. kindly update your experience with SatNav.
Old 7th December 2008, 16:20   #57
BANNED

Comparison between Navigator 430 Classic and Satguide VOXTEL 430 ?

The spec of mapmyindia Navigator 430 Classic says "The most comprehensive and unparalleled map coverage of India - 202 cities at street level, 1,30,000 towns and villages at national level, and 4,50,000 points of interest for you to explore and discover "

Any comparsion available between this one & voxtel 430 of SATGUIDE . ofcourse the price of the mapmyindia Navigator 430 Classic is almost double the voxtel 430. TIA
Old 7th December 2008, 20:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
were you able to work with this. how is the speed and accessibility. any view on the GPS connectivity speed. is the size OK for getting "the map" of the place looking for. any other comments . possible let us know the MP3 Playback quality.thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
I am planning to get a GPS. kindly update your experience with SatNav.
Hello Shapath and Dr Ginish, I have used the device exactly 4times!!

- Unit looks and feels sturdy.
- The speed is ok and can get slow if you have multiple categories of POI (Points of Interest) selected when searching.
- GPS Connectivity has a lag as of now (not sure if some setting needs to be changed or such ) and will not comment more on it till I can get some info from SatGuide team. I'm in conversation with them over this by e-mail. Will update here as soon as I get some info.
- The size of the screen is good. The display is pretty sharp. Out in the sunlight though, you need to cup your palm on top of the screen to see clearly. Especially in afternoons when sun falls directly on the screen. Need to experiment some more to find a more suitable location or some jugaad to rectify that.
- No idea about the MP3 playback quality. That is a feature I'm not that interested in since I've USB compatible ICE. So, have not checked.

If you have any other questions, please go ahead and ask. Will reply to my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
The spec of mapmyindia Navigator 430 Classic says "The most comprehensive and unparalleled map coverage of India - 202 cities at street level, 1,30,000 towns and villages at national level, and 4,50,000 points of interest for you to explore and discover "

Any comparsion available between this one & voxtel 430 of SATGUIDE . ofcourse the price of the mapmyindia Navigator 430 Classic is almost double the voxtel 430. TIA
There are no comprehensive reviews comparing both on the web or in this forum. I've searched a lot for it and came up empty.

On a different note, last I heard is that there stocks are running out fast on X430.
Old 7th December 2008, 21:07   #59
BHPian

- GPS Connectivity has a lag as of now (not sure if some setting needs to be changed or such ) and will not comment more on it till I can get some info from SatGuide team. I'm in conversation with them over this by e-mail. Will update here as soon as I get some info.

Small update on the above. I had a chat with the SatGuide team and they've guided me through some steps to change certain settings on the unit. Now the signal is getting located much faster. Will wait and see how it goes.

OT: Even though I received a wrong reply for an e-mail I sent to SatGuide on the GPS signal lag, the support provided by Mr Shoban Babu T, Regional Sales Head-South, and Mr Murali, Head-Tech Support has been exemplary. Kudos to them
Old 8th December 2008, 08:06   #60
BANNED

Thanks mr unni for your continuous info. what about Updates for the Maps and any idea on their "stand" in providing updates. possible share the setting you have mentioned-to enhance the GPS Accessibilty- which would be helpful to other users too.Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks