Team-BHP - Inverter Batteries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Inverter Batteries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/39704-inverter-batteries-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2061170)
This is the quotation I got for my Home-UPS:

MicroTek SineWave Inverter 850 VA
+
Exide 100 AH Maint free battery
+
Trolley + Installation
= Rs.14300/-

Guys, please let me know if this is a good deal and a reasonable setup.
I can stretch my budget till Rs.15500/-.

IMO your battery capacity do not match with the inverter sizing selection. By choosing an 850VA inverter, would you be interested in only an hour back up provided by the battery selected. I think you should go for atleast 150AH. Would be still within your stretched budget.

An alternate suggestion to Exide is SF Sonic although belongs to Exide but has good life and better after sales.

Thanks ghodlur. Are you sure I can get Exide 150 AH + MicroTek 850 VA within 15.5k? Should I try any other brand / dealer?
The battery mentioned was Exide Invasafe 400 (100 AH) with 18 month warranty. Any feedback on this make?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2061459)
Thanks ghodlur. Are you sure I can get Exide 150 AH + MicroTek 850 VA within 15.5k? Should I try any other brand / dealer?
The battery mentioned was Exide Invasafe 400 (100 AH) with 18 month warranty. Any feedback on this make?

I think you should. Microtek - 7k, Battery - 8.5K. Of course no trolley included which would cost you addtionally.

Exide battery retails at around 9K but I was told that it comes with 48 months warranty. Need to checfk again. Will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks very much ghodlur! Guess I am gonna have a busy weekend.

Members from Bangalore - any references of good dealers?

I don't understand what's the great use of this so-called trolley?! - please: AFAIK, the UPS/Battery are installed in some corner and would be accessed say once in 3 months?
Are we gonna use the UPS/Battery for serving tea or shifting food from Kitchen? stupid:
Or is it just a sales gimmick like 'Perfume' and 'Idol' given with a new car?

Ch.nathan.. you will not get an exide 150 ah tubular and inverter for 15.5. Exide IT 500 (150 ah) itself cost 14500. What you get is exide semitubular battery with less warranty. Exide IT 500 has 4 years warranty. Exide SF 150 ah semitubular cost about 11.5 k (there is an offer going on, under which you can get it for about 9500, check with your dealer, it has 3 year warranty).

In my opinion invasafe, invared.. etc are not good in terms of life.

In my opinion only buy fully tubular battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2061716)
Members from Bangalore - any references of good dealers?

You can check Base Terminal dealer in Kormanagala. It is close to Sony showroom on the IRR. IIRC I got my Base terminal 160 AH battery for 8.2K although with the buyback of the old exide one.

The battery has 24 Month fully replacement +24 month Pro rata warranty.

[quote=ch.nathan;2061716]Thanks very much ghodlur! Guess I am gonna have a busy weekend.

I don't understand what's the great use of this so-called trolley?! - AFAIK, the UPS/Battery are installed in some corner and would be accessed say once in 3 months?
Are we gonna use the UPS/Battery for serving tea or shifting food from Kitchen? [quote]

You are welcome.

As far as the trolley is concerned in my case it was a big no courtesy my 3 yr old son and had to keep the set up out of his reach. Hence got the entire setup installed on a wooden loft kind of support in the passage way of my home. Safe and free from my son, also easy to top up the batteries, do maintenance with the help of the step ladder. All izzz Well.:)

Quote:

I don't understand what's the great use of this so-called trolley?! - AFAIK, the UPS/Battery are installed in some corner and would be accessed say once in 3 months?
Are we gonna use the UPS/Battery for serving tea or shifting food from Kitchen?
The trolley and the Inverter from Microtec was 4K. The Exide 150AH battery was another 9K and after hectic bargaining I paid 12.5K. The trolley is nothing but a casing for battery on wheels with Inverter sitting on the top. It is an elegant solution and a wooden one would have cost me more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipz (Post 2061828)
Ch.nathan.. you will not get an exide 150 ah tubular and inverter for 15.5. Exide IT 500 (150 ah) itself cost 14500. What you get is exide semitubular battery with less warranty. Exide IT 500 has 4 years warranty. Exide SF 150 ah semitubular cost about 11.5 k (there is an offer going on, under which you can get it for about 9500, check with your dealer, it has 3 year warranty).

In my opinion invasafe, invared.. etc are not good in terms of life.

In my opinion only buy fully tubular battery.

Hi Chipz,
Are these Tubular and Semi-tubular batteries Maintenance-free?
Well, I don't mind spending time in checking water level and topping-up. But what I'm concerned about is the fumes / exhaust from the batteries, because I need to install them in the living room which is not well ventilated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2063777)
Hi Chipz,
Are these Tubular and Semi-tubular batteries Maintenance-free?
Well, I don't mind spending time in checking water level and topping-up. But what I'm concerned about is the fumes / exhaust from the batteries, because I need to install them in the living room which is not well ventilated.

No they are not. Refer to .: EXIDE :. APPLICATION & PRODUCTS STAND BY

These have liquid electrolyte, while the MF have gel.

It is not a good idea to have normal batteries in the living room. Apart from the fumes, they can be accessed by children with disastrous effect. Most of the MF batteries sold in India are sourced from China and have an average lifespan. Good long lasting ones cost a bomb and are usually not used in Inverters except in critical industrial environment (defense, computers, remote telecom stations etc). It would be better to site the inverter near the electricity meter and modify the house wiring accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipz (Post 2052812)
@schumifan.. go through this whole thread. It will give you a basic idea on the type of batteries and the brands. In my opinion only tubular batteries can give you more than 5 year life. I have seem lots of amaron shield go kaput after 2 years and also you wont get good backup. I have told before too. No one can beat the exide EL series in tubular batteries. They provide 4 and 5 year warranty. You will have piece of mind for at least that period.

Hi, I checked with the dealer who provided me with the Home UPS. He is giving me option of Okaya or Exide battery, both tubular. The Exide one costs around 14K. Okaya comes close to 9.xxK

I wanted to know if tubular battery (Exide or any other brand) can be used with my Home UPS. It is a Microtek NON-sine wave EB series 850VA.

I have seen some posts suggesting they use the EL+ series only with UPS.

I am thinking of buying battery from my UPS dealer just to make sure the responsibility of my UPS working well lies with him.

Anyone has something to say about Okaya? They seem OK when we browse through their website.

I will be getting the battery over the weekend. So more inputs will be welcomed gladly:)

^^^Okaya - have heard couple of v bad reports on those. No personal experience though. Personally I would avoid them. But then I avoid Exide like the plague too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 2064046)
^^^Okaya - have heard couple of v bad reports on those. No personal experience though. Personally I would avoid them. But then I avoid Exide like the plague too.

Oh God! This is the problem with information, the more you get to know the more worried you are:)

Raccoon, I am have come across a dealer here selling battery and inverter of multiple companies. He stocks Base Terminal with him and give 3 year warranty for it. Is it safe to go with such dealers? Amaron dealer is giving me just 1.5 years warranty on the battery, which is why I am apprehensive of going for it. Also it costs more than Base Terminal tubular batteries.

And to my initial doubt, will the Home UPS charge a tubular battery without any issues. Is it going to be just like any other SMF batteries except for those regular top-ups?

^^^Hehe, I can understand your situation.

I don't see any problem from buying from such a dealer, as long as he is good in other ways. Also, make sure the battery isn't more than a couple of months old (newer the better) and you get a valid warranty card.

Charging should not be a problem. Check on the charging values if you have doubts.

Base Terminal should be a great choice, esp. since you are getting it cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2063777)
Hi Chipz,
Are these Tubular and Semi-tubular batteries Maintenance-free? ****But what I'm concerned about is the fumes / exhaust from the batteries, because I need to install them in the living room which is not well ventilated.

They are not maintenance free, you will have to fill water once in 3 months. Well if the room is 10 x 12 there wont be any problem, unless you have no windows. Or like Aroy says, shift it to the meter room if feasiable.

SchumiFan.. Which brand is your home ups. The exide EL+ series needs good charging according exide since they are providing 5 years warranty unlike Exide IT500, which has 4 years warranty.

You can contact your dealer, or better still the manufacturer, to know about the charging, you have to see if your ups has trickle, float charging etc. or else go with IT500

Otherwise there is no problem in charging your battery with your ups

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 2064046)
But then I avoid Exide like the plague too.

Raccoon.. I recommend you use the exide EL series battery (for ups and inverter, not bikes :) ), your opinion will change.

PS: I am in no way, even remotely, related to exide :)