Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 09:24   #256
BHPian

Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Many Ads in Bangalore Times (Toi) these days with Sukam 850va invertor + Amaron 100ah battery + trolley + wiring (3m free) for Rs. 10,990.

I am planning to check it out for our house.
Is there something amiss here? Any specific questions I should ask about the invertor (full sine? switchover time? does it cause the dsl modem to resync? any other question) and about the battery (not sure what to ask here)?
Stay away from cheap things. When others are giving home ups for 15k + how can they given for 11k. I dont think it will be sine wave, then forget about switover time since you cant connect your computer to it. I dont think you will get a tubular battery for this price too. I dont think it is a good deal.
Old 14th April 2011, 00:23   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
The problem here is not the brand but the type of battery you are using. You buy semitubular battery and replace every two year or you buy tubular which cost more, but runs for more than 5 years. So, you decide which is cost effective. I suggest yoy get amco or exide ''tubular,'' a 100 ah will cost around 10k,but it has 4 and 5 year warranty and last really long.
The price is also almost double and life is also double. To me both are same an i prefer to spend less and get less life . It makes huge diference because i have to buy 2 batteries.
Coming back to my question any pointeres to dealer of amaron battery?
Old 14th April 2011, 10:53   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
The price is also almost double and life is also double. To me both are same an i prefer to spend less and get less life . It makes huge diference because i have to buy 2 batteries.
Coming back to my question any pointeres to dealer of amaron battery?

I will still suggest you to go for tubular as you will be spared the trouble of changing the battery every 2-3 years.
I have a local made tubular battery at my in-laws place , it is still going strong after 6 years. Tubular have been known to last as long as 8-10 years (depends on make , usage / maintenance cycle).
So go for tubular as it is best designed for a inverter application, fit and forget it …. in the long run it will turn out to be a cheaper deal for sure.
Plus you will contribute to environment as you will be generating lower amount of toxic battery waste.
Old 17th April 2011, 15:24   #259
BHPian

comment deleted - wrong thread !!

Last edited by chennai-indian : 17th April 2011 at 15:28.
Old 20th April 2011, 14:20   #260
BHPian

Dear All,
I have ordered Exide INVA SAFE 100 AH batteries for the replacement. They are maintenance free and comes with 1 year replacement and 6 months warrenty. Costs about 7.3K. The average life they claim to be 5 years and i spoke with a dealer who is selling it for last 3 years and he is giving a positive feedback. They are semi tubular batteries.
Any comments from the existing users of this batteries?

Regards,
Old 20th April 2011, 14:55   #261
BHPian

10 days back I replaced my nearly 3 year old 100AH Xenon with a new 120AH Xenon Tubular battery with 36 months warranty, costed me 9k after buy back of old battery. Old battery got warranty of 18months.
Company people suggested to go for 120AH tubular when I aked for good one, also told that 100AH are no more in production.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:02   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

IndianNomad, the Exide tubular costs around the same (maybe a grand more) and comes with a 5 year warranty. You've got a tubular with the warranty period of a SMF.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:39   #263
BHPian

I got the battery delivered 4 days back, i bought the INVA SAFE 100 AH batteries. No fumes no maintenance, it is a green colour battery. the size is also bit less than the traditional 100 AH. Since the inverter is plaed in the hall and we keep the window closed normally, i decided to get this. I got 800 for old battery too. Overall i am happy with the deal..

Regards,
Old 5th May 2011, 13:17   #264
BHPian

I am in search of a Pure Sine wave inverter cum UPS for my apartment. I shortlisted Su-Kam 850VA (Shiny) or 800VA(Falcon). Both of these have been quoted at 6,800 from one dealer and 7,900 from another. I live in Kochi and I think the prices are on higher side compared to other places. Any one from Kochi to comment on this price?
Old 5th May 2011, 13:29   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I am in search of a Pure Sine wave inverter cum UPS for my apartment. I shortlisted Su-Kam 850VA (Shiny) or 800VA(Falcon). Both of these have been quoted at 6,800 from one dealer and 7,900 from another. I live in Kochi and I think the prices are on higher side compared to other places. Any one from Kochi to comment on this price?

The price seems to be right for kochi, but in bangalore it ( 850VA su-kam ) costs 5600 including tax.

My dad dropped the idea buying an inverter from Kerala after hearing the price diff. And i bought APC 850VA for 5800 including tax from Bangalore and gave him.
mathewpn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 14:14   #266
BHPian

The batteries of my APC 1KV has gone kaput. I had Exide 75AH X 2 SMF batteries, and it went bad even before it completed 2 years. I want a much more reliable replacement.

I got the following quotes from various places:

Exide 100AH SMF Rs: 5400 per piece. (I doubt if this is true, though)

Exide 100AH SMF Rs: 7800 per piece.

Exide 100AH Flat-plate Rs 7600 per piece

Exide 100AH tubular Rs 13000 per piece

The flat-plate one is NOT maintenance free, but comes with 2 years warranty. I am inclining towards that, but not able to make up my mind. Are these prices high? Anybody has got better quotes in Bangalore? Also it would be nice if somebody can suggest some good vendors in BLR.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:39   #267
BHPian

Exide 90AH SF sonic flat plate is costing 5.8K in bangalore. I bought 2 weeks back. And if maintained well, it will last for 5 year easily. The price diff of 3K was not justified for me for a mere diff in maintenance duration.

What i have is below,
APC 1KVA Bi1000i + 2xExide SF sonic 90AH Flat plate.
UPS - 7800
Battery - 11600 ( for 2 )
Old 5th May 2011, 14:44   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Many Ads in Bangalore Times (Toi) these days with Sukam 850va invertor + Amaron 100ah battery + trolley + wiring (3m free) for Rs. 10,990.

I am planning to check it out for our house.
Is there something amiss here? Any specific questions I should ask about the invertor (full sine? switchover time? does it cause the dsl modem to resync? any other question) and about the battery (not sure what to ask here)?
Sukam is very good inverter and size is also small. I am using since 2006 without any issue. There is no way to doubt above offer. Just go there and verify all product and its genuineness. Please keep following things in mind

1. Always purchase Pure Sine Wave inverter. Do some research on brand name websites get the model details.
2. Battery of 100Ah capacity is fine. Amaron is good brand and if it is genuine you and trust it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Stay away from cheap things. When others are giving home ups for 15k + how can they given for 11k. I dont think it will be sine wave, then forget about switover time since you cant connect your computer to it. I dont think you will get a tubular battery for this price too. I dont think it is a good deal.
Chipz, how you determined that it is cheap offer? Other go and purchase Inverter and battery from big showrooms and they sell in Full MRP rates. That is why they pay 15K+. If purchased from normal shops one always get discount from 20 - 45% on MRP. Also, for Bangalore there is necessity of having tubular battery always. Normal battery with ample Ah would do.

I have Sukam 850VA Sine Wave inverter + 180 Ah non tubular Amco battery for last five years. It is giving me trouble free service since then. Only I have to topup battery with distilled water every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
Exide 90AH SF sonic flat plate is costing 5.8K in bangalore...
Somehow, I do not trust Exide brand name anymore.

Last edited by anujmishra : 5th May 2011 at 14:47.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:02   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I just bought a APC 850 VA Sine wave inverter cost breakup is as follows

Inverter- 6500
Battery -10500 (115 Ah Tubular Battery)
Trolley for battery from APC -2000
Wiring and misc -800 (Includes some kind of heavy duty breaker switch)

I got the cost of wiring and misc discounted from my total pricing

My house wiring in from the pre inverter era and so i had to isolate wiring as required in my house.

Hope this helps

Sree
sreedotk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 15:30   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
I just bought a APC 850 VA Sine wave inverter cost breakup is as follows

Inverter- 6500
Battery -10500 (115 Ah Tubular Battery)
Trolley for battery from APC -2000
Wiring and misc -800 (Includes some kind of heavy duty breaker switch)

I got the cost of wiring and misc discounted from my total pricing

My house wiring in from the pre inverter era and so i had to isolate wiring as required in my house.

Hope this helps

Sree
Thanks Sree for the info. In fact, the APC 850 Sine wave costs 7,400 here as per APC dealers. Both sales people will be meeting me today evening. I will try negotiating.

Most Viewed