Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 21:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes, but the Amaron we have is very low maintenance. Have top up less than even once a year. This could vary with usage though.
Old 15th September 2009, 01:21   #17
BHPian

Iam Happy with Okaya Red since last 2+ years now.
Old 20th September 2009, 21:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have installed Amaron Shield 160 AH battery. I got a discount of Rs 1200 for my failed Prestolite battery and I paid a balance of Rs 7000/-.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:02   #19
BHPian

Hi Gansan, Are the Amaron Shield maintenance free batteries or is it the regular battery in which you have to top up the distilled water regularly? How is the performance of the battery since you started using it?
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

It is the regular type, black case battery. The electrolyte level can be inspected only by opening the caps, which I do once in two months. I have had to add just a little distilled water so far. I am satisfied with the performance.
Old 4th February 2010, 02:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Can some one suggest a good inverter for TV System Laser printer,Scanner and a fan and 2 tube lights. I have least idea about inverters in Chennai. The place where I lived for a long time did not have power problem at all but Chennai is different Please help.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

I am using Usha Zentra inverter for the past three years. Better go for a home UPS system rather than an inverter. Sukam is the brand that comes to mind immediately.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:05   #23
BHPian

Which inverter battery to buy for my APC 800 VA Home Inverter? Amaron Shield or Exide Inverter Plus ?

While I could find details about the Amaron Shield on the web (product catalog), I could not get even one bit of data on Exide Inverter Plus. The Exide web site is totally useless and what all I had read in the web was not in favour of Amaron Shield.

Fed up, I have finally decided to stop any further research and go for two Exide 100AH Inverter plus batteries blindly on faith and my fate .
Old 6th February 2010, 07:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest Amaron Shield. I am a satisfied customer!
Old 7th February 2010, 00:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Can some one suggest a good inverter for TV System Laser printer,Scanner and a fan and 2 tube lights. I have least idea about inverters in Chennai. The place where I lived for a long time did not have power problem at all but Chennai is different Please help.
Go for Xenon inverter with a Xenon battery. http://www.amararaja.co.in/batt.html

Both the inverter and the battery are manufactured by amaraja co. pvt. ltd. otherwise known for their Amaron batteries. The inverter is a true sine wave inverter that means no humming sounds and your hardware will not be subject to harmful square or quasi sine wave forms. Also if they say the inverer is a certain rating it actually is. As for the battery it is simply the Amaron shield but in a white case. Have been using this combo for the past two years, have not topped up the battery as yet. Your application minus the laser printer should be met by a 650VA inverter with a minimum 150AH rating single battery. This combo will be good for two hours on full load. If you are going to use the same inverter for your computer also I would recommend either a 180 AH battery or a 1400 VA inverter with two 160 AH batteries. Also invest in a trolley to safely keep the inverter and battery, looks neat too.

If the inverter system is going to be placed indoors do not buy a regular battery which needs topping up. The shield/xenon also requires top ups but release minimal lead fumes compared to a host of others. Remember Lead fumes are a silent killer and the effects will not show up in the short to medium term but long term damage can be devastating.

Regarding the laser printer. The smallest laser would need minimum 1KVA to operate and while there are inverters that can do this I do not think any one would want to spend that kind of money on an inverter. Print when regular supply is there or buy an inkjet if printer is desperately required even during power cuts.

Last edited by khoj : 7th February 2010 at 01:01.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Am using EXide Sonic.. no issues so far!
Old 8th February 2010, 18:14   #27
BHPian

I bought Luminous inverter and Luminous battery in 2006. It worked like a charm until last month. I have now bought another Luminous tubular battery and its so far so good. I am happy customer and will any day Luminous over any other brand.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:29   #28
BHPian

Guys, My APC UPS 800 VA battery went Kaput yesterday. I am in the market for a new battery now.

Gansan I saw your purchase of Amaron Shield 160 AH battery. I am more oriented towards Amaron as all my vehicles are running amaron for the past 5 years. What is the discharge rate C10/C20? Whats the no of backup hours this battery gives you?
Old 8th February 2010, 18:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

If want long battery life then invest in tubular battery , ordinary batteries will surely die in 2-3 yrs time.

We have a tubular battery unbranded one, its working perfectly well since last 4.5 years , daily the inverter works on an average 1-2 hrs.

I met a battery shop fellow he claims that locally made tubular battery can last up-to 7-10 years, the down side is that distilled water needs to be added to cells every quarter.

Amaron also makes pretty good batteries. From my experience, Amco battery is best avoided, Exide inverter batteries are also good, don't know about others

Last edited by tj123 : 8th February 2010 at 18:35. Reason: Typo
Old 8th February 2010, 18:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Amaron also makes pretty good batteries. From my experience, Amco battery is best avoided, Exide inverter batteries are also good, don't know about others

My Inverter is 2 years old and have Exide Inverter battery in them which went kaput. I am not confident on Exide inverter battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks