Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 16:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

HTC India service sucks.

Well last week a friend called to tell me that his Touch had fallen from his hand on to a stone & as a result the LCD was now broken. Since he lives in an interior town of Uttranchal, he requested me to drop the phone off at the service centre on my next visit to Delhi & get it fixed for him. I said ok as I had gotten it fixed once earlier under warranty (Screen had gone balnk & was replaced under warranty) & the service centre was on a convenient location for me to go to.

And that is where my headache began. I reached the service centre last Saturday (10.05.08) ans was told that it seems both the screen & the touch control module were broken but could be confirmed only when it had been opened & tested. Never mind, I said, test it but give me a call before replacing anything & obtaining explicit approval for the same. After this I was told that I would have to call their service helpline to obtain a case number (And I'm standing at the service centre mind you) which I did. After being on hold for over 7 mins I was given the case number, I mean does it really take 7 minutes to generate a case number?? Anyway this was a cake walk compared to what happened later.

After completing all these formalities & handing over the phone, I was told hey would call me on Monday/Tuesday & confirm the parts to be replaced & cost of the same & hand me over the phone the day after the approval is given. The turn of events from then on is as below:

Monday: No call. I wait.
Tuesday: No call, I call them up in the evening after waiting all day for the call. The concerned person expresses surprise that I did not get a call but tells me that the phone is under "Testing" and they'll get back to me tomorrow with a final update.
Wednesday: No call all day again so I call them up in the evening. Am told that there is a shortage of LCD screens & the shipment is expected in a day or two. Also given a promise that they'll call me by Friday & give me an update.
Friday: no call again. Surprising, not really?
Today: I call them up again & the concerned technician is out for lunch. The engineer working under him tells me that screens are not yet there. On my asking when they'll be available he says we don't know. I ask him why I've not been given any updates till now, he says we don't know.

When I give him a blasting for this he hands the phone over to his senior who doesn't know anything about the spares & the junior is too scared to talk on the phone (they have a conversation regarding this while I'm on hold & I can hear everything they're saying).

I strictly ask them to transfer the call to their manager a I do not wish to speak to them any longer. Here they start dilly-dallying saying there are lots of managers, who do you want to speak to? I clearly tell them to transfer the call to either their superior or the Customer Service manager. Then they try & transfer the line 3 times, I hold for over 3 minutes. Finally someone else picks up & says the manager (Ms. Farah) is not on her seat. I blast them & ask them to give me her mobile number, which they refuse saying we are not allowed to do that. Finally the man says Sir, I've located her, please call back again on this number, I'll transfer your call (On my asking why he couldn't do it now he said his extension doesn't have the authority or some **** like that). I call back again & now Ms. Farah has gone out for lunch. I'm asked to call back in an hour.

I call back in an hour & now Ms. Farah is in a meeting & the lead technician to who I've been talking to for the past 1 week has still not come back from his lunch after 2 hours have passed. Meanwhile I've called back twice again but no luck, the manager is still in a meeting & after being on hold for over 5 minutes I've been told that technician is also not back.

I mean is this the standard of service they are providing? And this when their volumes are low, think what'll happen if they ever reach Samsung volumes, leave alone Nokia. One would think that since they primarily manufacture & sell devices aimed at the medium to high end market they would also have reasonable levels of service support. But it seems that is not the case.

It's been one full week since I gave them the phone (It's still warranty period mind you even though this incident is not covered) and till date I do not know what the problem with the phone is, how much it'll cost me to get it fixed & when I can get it back.

Would I recommend someone again to buy an HTC device with B&W? No sir, what's the point? From the looks of it I'm gonna have to rely on the grey market only to get this fixed so why should I waste extra money?

Is there anyone with a contact of HTC India who I could forward this to?

P.S. If I don't get a concrete response today, I have half a mind to reach the service centre on Monday morning & giving them a piece of my mind.

Last edited by iraghava : 17th May 2008 at 16:25.
Old 17th May 2008, 16:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

HTC really have a very bad service and very bad phones too! So many problems. A fellow BHPIAN i know owns a HTC and 3 days in a week he is at their service center getting his phone fixed.

HTC = Harass The Customer
Old 17th May 2008, 16:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

HTC? uh..duh..? Help. I don't even know what they make or sell!
Some sort of phone cum entertainment console?
Old 17th May 2008, 16:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try Writing And Court?

Hai IR,

I'd say a perfect case for consumemr court. Document everything with a regd. letter and send it and see how they'd react, I'm sure you'd get their attention pronto. Anyway you have lost time, a few more days, would that matter?

I have a HTC 3300, works perfectly, faster then any other PDA mobile I'v had in that range. With WM 5 its pretty fast and my Satnav GPS works just fine......... so far. Hope I would't become one more victim.....

--Ramky

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well last week a friend called to tell me that his Touch had fallen from his hand on to a stone & as a result the LCD was now broken. Since he lives in an interior town of Uttranchal, ........................................

Is there anyone with a contact of HTC India who I could forward this to?

P.S. If I don't get a concrete response today, I have half a mind to reach the service centre on Monday morning & giving them a piece of my mind.
Old 17th May 2008, 18:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

i had bought a htc p3400 on 20 feb 2008 and on 16 April till now i go daily to their customer care but they haven't been able to solve my problem till now they have changed the mother board 2 times battery and the camera and even the hands free

they told me this Monday 12 may that they will replace the internal of my cell in 2 or 3 days and they will call e mail me by the evening and till today even after visiting them and talking to some yogesh i have not received the mail or a call

the lady their even said that i don't know how to use the cell i am uneducated village boy (she said this Punjabi) i have received her sorry

i am thinking of moving forward to the consumer court as i am tired of their service

any help would be highly appreciated

i am waiting for their reply till Tuesday max

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai IR,
Hope I would't become one more victim.....
--Ramky
i had bought 2 handset same day they other sets screen is no longer a touch screen

and i have 5-6 friends who are facing the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
HTC really have a very bad service and very bad phones too! So many problems. A fellow BHPIAN i know owns a HTC and 3 days in a week he is at their service center getting his phone fixed.

HTC = Harass The Customer
next time come with me two bhpians are better than one

Last edited by manikjeet : 17th May 2008 at 18:36.
Old 17th May 2008, 18:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
HTC? uh..duh..? Help. I don't even know what they make or sell!
Some sort of phone cum entertainment console?
You see?!
God saves me from such needless nasties!
Thank Him for not even bringing these into my horizon!

A joint petition to the Consumer Redressal Forum is what you gentlemen are looking at. The power of Team-BHP!

Last edited by anupmathur : 17th May 2008 at 18:55.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:49   #7
BHPian

A differenct perspective.

I have been using an HTC Touch since September and have not had a single problem till date!
Old 17th May 2008, 20:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
A differenct perspective.

I have been using an HTC Touch since September and have not had a single problem till date!
Just lucky, I guess!

Everything points to a badly designed/shoddily put together piece of hardware!
Statistically, if you happen to have got a 'good' piece, it will not convince anyone that the product is 'acceptable'!

At the moment, on this thread, the odds are stacked against them.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:58   #9
BHPian

I have HTC P3300 and it's been a fantastic phone till now. I have also dropped the phone couple of times and got a dent on the corner but still it works fine. I am worried after hearing the story of HTC service, doesn't feel good. They have to improve the service as many people started by HTC products.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
the lady their even said that i don't know how to use the cell i am uneducated village boy (she said this Punjabi) i have received her sorry

i am thinking of moving forward to the consumer court as i am tired of their service
Wow amazed by that. She must be on some power trip if she thinks she can get away with cack comments like that. She obviously has prejudice and stereotyped views of Punjabi people.

Guys if that is the sort of service you are getting then take this further and seek redress for their poor backup and customer service.
Old 17th May 2008, 21:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

girish, she said this in punjabi, not because he is one.
he's in chandigarh - no one can dare say something like that there, no?
Old 18th May 2008, 06:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Wow amazed by that. She must be on some power trip if she thinks she can get away with cack comments like that. She obviously has prejudice and stereotyped views of Punjabi people.

Guys if that is the sort of service you are getting then take this further and seek redress for their poor backup and customer service.
poor service they dont even have the parts repair the handset my friend is without a cell for 2 months waiting for the lcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
girish, she said this in punjabi, not because he is one.
he's in chandigarh - no one can dare say something like that there, no?
i was shocked and she repeated it twice i didn't say anything to her that time as i was expecting a call from her senior anytime that day

i gave the whole description to her senior and he called me 4 times to conform the story

i was very impressed by his reaction
Old 18th May 2008, 09:11   #13
BHPian

I can give you numerous incidents and equally bad service experiences from Nokia as well. I think that their products are good and they SELL, so they are not bothered about A.S.S.

Probably Sony Ericsson is better.
Old 18th May 2008, 09:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I can give you numerous incidents and equally bad service experiences from Nokia as well. I think that their products are good and they SELL, so they are not bothered about A.S.S.

Probably Sony Ericsson is better.
its way bad than htc

i got a new n91 in november 2006 and the it was with nokia care from `3 december 2006 to 5 july 2007 and by the time i got it back the cell was in a very bad shape and i had bought it around rs 27000 and them sold it for rs 11000 i barely used it a month

SE have the best service they replace my handset without question in 5 mins flat
Old 18th May 2008, 11:04   #15
BHPian

I am rather surprised to hear so about HTC. Especially since they are the OEM manufacturer for All HP, Asus, Dopod, etc branded Windows Mobile phones. All the other vendors just paste their externals and sticker before selling the same hardware with a different name. So HTC must be smmoking Pots in India if they are acting this way.

You are right about SE, Manik. SE no doubt has the best A.S.S. My battery was not working well after 5/6 months and I was given a replacement within 15 minutes of visiting their service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
its way bad than htc

i got a new n91 in november 2006 and the it was with nokia care from `3 december 2006 to 5 july 2007 and by the time i got it back the cell was in a very bad shape and i had bought it around rs 27000 and them sold it for rs 11000 i barely used it a month

SE have the best service they replace my handset without question in 5 mins flat

Most Viewed