Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 14:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

REQ: Purchase order software

Iam looking for a software to raise and manage purchase indents/ purchase orders/ goods receipt note. There are softwares which has purchase as one of the module, but primarily addressing the finance.

Do you use/know any software that is used for processing/managing purchase orders.

Request your inputs
Old 26th May 2008, 15:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Iam looking for a software to raise and manage purchase indents/ purchase orders/ goods receipt note. There are softwares which has purchase as one of the module, but primarily addressing the finance.

Do you use/know any software that is used for processing/managing purchase orders.

Request your inputs
The most efficient one would be the Microsoft "Excel". Although you would have to manually enter the PO nos, but its cost effective
Old 26th May 2008, 20:52   #3
BHPian

Try Microsoft Office Accounting Express version. This is free and should do the job for you. Only catch: the currency is USD. PME me if you want to know how to change this to INR.
Old 26th May 2008, 21:14   #4
BHPian

well you should make one or hire a programmer. a pretty much not more then 5k job with backend database as access and coded on vb.net. for further query pm me.

getting a personalised s/w is better the finding an alternative. lots and lots of benefits. i bet!
Old 26th May 2008, 22:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
Try Microsoft Office Accounting Express version. This is free and should do the job for you. Only catch: the currency is USD. PME me if you want to know how to change this to INR.

This is the one of the best software you can get for accounting for free !!!

and for the issue of the $ point !
Here's the link to it !!

The computer stops responding, or you may receive an error message when you try to export or to print an invoice by using a Word template in Accounting Express or in Account Professional

you can do it by yourself!!
Old 27th May 2008, 10:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Guys thanks for the replies. Let me give some additional inputs on my requirement

I wanted the purchase requestors to come via purchase indents and purchase department needs to raise the purchase orders after finalizing the vendor based on the indent raised.

Purchase order number should be automatically raised and it should have good search feature where I can get the filtered information upon search query. All PO's should be sent to the vendors via email (no hard copy print outs).

Also I need to get an alert on delivery dues/automatic closure advises to the purchase requestor etc

As informed earlier, I do not want to end up purchasing a full fledged accounting package where purchase is one of the modules. But would like to have a full-fledged/ completely developed/ready made purchase software. No budgetary constraints (VFM is important)

Last edited by Surprise : 27th May 2008 at 10:58.
Old 28th May 2008, 06:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have you considered SAP?I hear they are good.
Old 28th May 2008, 07:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

SAP? implementation maar daalegi.

It is for big corporates.
Surprise's query does not seem to be that ways.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Guys thanks for the replies. Let me give some additional inputs on my requirement

I wanted the purchase requestors to come via purchase indents and purchase department needs to raise the purchase orders after finalizing the vendor based on the indent raised.

Purchase order number should be automatically raised and it should have good search feature where I can get the filtered information upon search query. All PO's should be sent to the vendors via email (no hard copy print outs).

Also I need to get an alert on delivery dues/automatic closure advises to the purchase requestor etc

As informed earlier, I do not want to end up purchasing a full fledged accounting package where purchase is one of the modules. But would like to have a full-fledged/ completely developed/ready made purchase software. No budgetary constraints (VFM is important)

Are you okay with a web based system?

It could be either deployed on net (cost ~ $300 per year + Net connection should be stable in offices)

Or you can deploy in a PC/Server inside office.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Have you considered SAP?
. No mine is much much simpler requirement with far low budget (considring SAP )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Are you okay with a web based system?

It could be either deployed on net (cost ~ $300 per year + Net connection should be stable in offices)

Or you can deploy in a PC/Server inside office.
Preference would be outright purchase. Can please let me know more about the PC/Server option.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
well you should make one or hire a programmer. a pretty much not more then 5k job with backend database as access and coded on vb.net. for further query pm me.

getting a personalised s/w is better the finding an alternative. lots and lots of benefits. i bet!
We are always at his mercy. We've had a few programmers to do our inventory accounting and payroll packages. All worked fine until Windows platform came into picture [yes in 1995 96]

Today, we are finding it extremely difficult to try to get a programmer and do the codin in VB - sucks big time.

Am currently looking for a Accounting s/w, Inventory s/w etc. We currently use Tally 7.0 and it sucks too.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Its a open source product, so $300 cost is hosting + backups + uptime guaranty. And this is just a ball park you will have to get quotes from a few hosting companies to get actual amount.

You can deploy much cheaper (as low as $50 per year) but data will be gone in case of hard drive crash.

Helped a couple of companies deploy the system in a server at office, it is working fine.
Old 28th May 2008, 14:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Helped a couple of companies deploy the system in a server at office, it is working fine.
Would like to explore this. Let me know how to proceed further. Is there a place where I can log in and evaluate the product
Old 28th May 2008, 15:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Keep in mind that though open source things are not free (You will have to spend your time to figure out if a particular software works for you or not)

Try purchase module of this software :

webERP Login screen

Setting up alerts etc is not that straightforward for a new user but that is just one time activity.

If this one does not work for you, I can suggest others based on specific feedback [I.e. what you need and is missing from this]

Most Viewed