Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 11:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Recovering dead bootloader on Atom with JTAG

Hi,

Its been a month now my Atom is dead. I was using my old PPC phone all this while that I normally use with navigation software..

I'm going to get LPT connector and switch if possible, I'm going to try this JTAG method mentioned here.. However, if you look at the symptoms, my device shows the one mentioned in semi-bricked device, but I have not been able to get into the bootloader with the steps mentioned in that..

I had been to National Market (Bangalore) last weekend spent some 2 hours with a service guy, he was very confident, telling me that he has got 3-4 different ways to bring it alive (so, I wasted 3 hours simply waiting and 1.5 hours he working on my device), but finally he could not.

All this while, I saw him fixing lot of differnt phones (most of them china made, big screen and dual sim..), he was flashing them all in 10 minutes and gets Rs 200 for that.. He also had some O2 devices he was working on..
It was surprising, he was all searching thru different forums around on the net for the ckt diagrams and solutions, and thats how he is earning - some Exa forums is the one he was going to get all informaton...

so, he couldnt fix it, he started looking for active sync later and I knew he is not going to fix it, finally he went to the xda-forums and I told him that I've gone all around that space,, I also showed him the thread explaning my problem and the probable solution to it, I was actually carrying a print out of that solution and wanted to buy few things to carry out the task - but then saw this guy and thought if he can fix it quickly.. so he also told me the same thing, he told me to come again and we can work on that..

I'm going to National market again today and going to get the missing components to carry out the JTAG operation...

XDADeveloperWiki - Dead Boot

Please let me know if anyone has done this before and if they can share their experiance, I shall update this thread with my experiance once I'm done (make/break) with my Atom..
Thanks.

Last edited by Ketan : 14th June 2008 at 11:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks