Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:10   #16
Team-BHP Support

used the p527 for a day and gave it back to the person who gave it to me. found it so damn complicated compared to my n95 and its symbian ui. also it didnt have anything more than my n95 besides a touchscreen which IMO wasnt that great.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:18   #17
Team-BHP Support

Anyone else faced the data loss issue.
I am cross posting my post in the mobile phone thread.
Will install this tomorrow and update later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Firmware update for ASUS P527

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
Choose the Mobile Phone -> P Series -> P527
Windows OS
Old 4th August 2009, 08:38   #18
BHPian

Guys,I Got myself a P527 and please guide me on how to use the keypad to send SMS as i keep trying and only numbers appear. cant use the stylus to sms all the time, the xt9 option also does not help much. The other thing is on the SatNav maps, its bit outdated as its not the new bangalore map and is there a way i can delete and use a updated map or other gps like wayfinder??? please help.
Old 4th August 2009, 09:38   #19
BHPian

I'm using the ASUS P527 since last 3 months. If you are not loading too many application at the same time, P527 is a very good phone. P527 is a tad slower compared to the latest phones available due to use of a low speed processor and less internal memory. But for a day to day use including GPS navigation, I found it more than adequate. In fact nothing beats it in the VFM department as far as Windows Mobile phones are considered. Asus build quality is awesome as expected.

It came with WM6.1 preloaded but I'm planning to load WM6.5 once stable releases are available. I've heard that the performance is much better with WM6.5.

Got it along with Satguide all-India maps, Car holder, Car charger, Wall charger, USB Data cable for 12,900 from Croma. I'm sure it is available cheaper in smaller outlets.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 4th August 2009 at 09:39.
Old 4th August 2009, 11:58   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Guys,I Got myself a P527 and please guide me on how to use the keypad to send SMS as i keep trying and only numbers appear. cant use the stylus to sms all the time, the xt9 option also does not help much. The other thing is on the SatNav maps, its bit outdated as its not the new bangalore map and is there a way i can delete and use a updated map or other gps like wayfinder??? please help.
I found Terracrosser - GPS Navigation Software to be a good Free mapping solution.

Call up Satnav and talk to them. I guess one free map upgrade is available to all users.
Old 28th February 2011, 20:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Re: Anybody using ASUS P527?

My laptop got formatted. Now when I try to install the asus cd it tells me that adobe flash player 8 or higher is needed. I installed 10.2 from the website. But this error message refuses to go away.. any tips on how to fix this problem.

Not able to find the flash player 8 via google. If anyone can point me to a clean exe, I would like to give that a shot as well.
Old 16th March 2011, 09:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

I installed active synch from the cd directly. Used the installer inside the wwe folder.
It works.
Old 9th May 2012, 21:01   #23
Team-BHP Support

My phone would switch off on its own.
It would be working fine. A couple of minutes later, it would be off.

Googling around showed that this is a issue with a small switch on the right lower region under the battery cover.
Put in a small piece of paper. One week and no problem with the phone.

But my phone also doubles up as my daughter's toy. She loves to throw it all over the place.

The touch screen is beginning to malfunction. I am able to still use it so have no plans to replace it till it fully dies.
Old 9th May 2012, 22:08   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

My P527 has been running quite well, except that the preloaded Satguide on the 1GB MicroSD card kept crashing (it takes up about 950mb, and a few pics from the camera messes up the Satguide software somehow). Installed a 2GB card now, and things are working just fine.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:20   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My P527 has been running quite well, except that the preloaded Satguide on the 1GB MicroSD card kept crashing (it takes up about 950mb, and a few pics from the camera messes up the Satguide software somehow). Installed a 2GB card now, and things are working just fine.
I use a 500 MB microSD card. The card I got with the phone was not very good. I swapped with a card in my wife's phone.

She has a basic LG that uses the card for storing mp3 and pics.
I have not had any issues with Satguide in this 500 MB card.

I used to lose my data. But that got resolved after applying a patch. Details in an earlier post.

The card only stores some programs. Like adobe acrobat, cycle gps, gmaps and satguide.
Apart from a couple of pdf novels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks