Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2008, 21:57   #1
BHPian

DIVX player with USB support

Hi all,

I am looking for a DIVX player with USB support. Something that can play subtitles as well from the USB.

I went to Mercy Electronics (the popular computer store in the south MAdras region) and he had a Samsung and a LG one, both around 2.9k.

What do you suggest? I have a Phillips DVD player and it works well. He does not stock Phillips it seems.

I dont need HDMI support as I have ony a CRT at home.
Old 10th August 2008, 22:08   #2
BHPian

Philips DVP3166 look like a good bet for you. The street price is approx Rs.3000.

DVP3166/94 - DVD Player with USB - Players and recorders - Recorders, DVD and home theater - Philips
Old 10th August 2008, 22:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Philips DVP3166 look like a good bet for you. The street price is approx Rs.3000.

DVP3166/94 - DVD Player with USB - Players and recorders - Recorders, DVD and home theater - Philips
Thank you. Is Philips the most reliable among DVD players? My Philips has lasted for 3 years and runs very well even now. How are the LG and Samsung counterparts?

I will have to find another dealer in that case if my dealer does not stock Philips.
Old 11th August 2008, 00:14   #4
BHPian

Philips DVD players are like cars from Honda. They never die!!
I have had one that has lasted forever. Had a Hitachi before that which forever kept having lens alignment problems.

This is infact interesting because i was looking to pick up another Philips DVD player with DivX support. I guess USB connectivity would only make it more desirable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks