Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 19:28   #166
Senior - BHPian

Which is the cheapest among the Hitachi 1T split models? Their site lists, Star, Iota, Atom.

Are prices listed on any website?
Old 30th March 2008, 23:08   #167
BHPian

Does anyone has any feedback about multi-split ACs for home usage (1 outdoor and 2 indoor units).
I inquired in few showrooms and most of them end up suggesting 2 independent units probably because they dont have much idea about the multi-split ones.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:30   #168
Team-BHP Support

I bought a Samsung 1 Tonne split and a Samsung 1 Tonne Window A/C.
Total Cost: 35,200.

Includes the AC', installation and 2 Unitstab Stabilizers.
Struts for the Split AC cost me an additional 650.
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:27   #169
BHPian

Which Air conditioner?

Guys, I'm planning to buy an air conditioner this summer. I have got no prior experience of buying one.
Can you guys help me in deciding the best brand which is currently in the market?

Budget : 10k - 25k
Usage will be in the Hall.

Thanks,
Schenllster
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnellster View Post
Guys, I'm planning to buy an air conditioner this summer. I have got no prior experience of buying one.
Can you guys help me in deciding the best brand which is currently in the market?

Budget : 10k - 25k
Usage will be in the Hall.

Thanks,
Schenllster
Carrier is the one to go for. Hitachi is good too but very expensive.
LG is horribly noisy (I have a LG Whisen 1.6 ton in my room and lord is it noisy) I have improvised and stuck pieces of paper and rubber at all the place which buzz... its a lot quieter now
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:21   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Installation Charges (for standard installation):
Split: Rs. 1000
The installation charges cannot be right. Good quality copper tubing, which is a must for splits doesn't come cheap. Or maybe you just mean labour charges.

A good install for a split will cost atleast Rs. 2.5 - 4k over and above unit price.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:26   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The installation charges cannot be right. Good quality copper tubing, which is a must for splits doesn't come cheap. Or maybe you just mean labour charges.

A good install for a split will cost atleast Rs. 2.5 - 4k over and above unit price.
I thought the split unit set always come with a standard 15 feet set of pipings/wire etc, its only when your installation requires longer lenght do you have to pay extra! and offcourse any stand or brackets if reqd have to be paid for.Or have the marketers changed this standard feature recently?
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:34   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I thought the split unit set always come with a standard 15 feet set of pipings/wire etc, its only when your installation requires longer lenght do you have to pay extra! and offcourse any stand or brackets if reqd have to be paid for.Or have the marketers changed this standard feature recently?
I'm told Hitachi (Ace) comes with 20ft. Install rates are still to the tune of 2-2.5K minimum for splits, after considering the default piping. Iron brackets are charged upwards of 750 I hear. Labour is 1000 odd.

Last month, eZone had some offers where the labour was free. Hence installation costs were below 1500.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Yeah? Didn't know that. Anyway, it's best to use high quality tubing and insulation with good splits. Maybe the ones accompanying the a/cs werent of the best quality.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Which is the cheapest among the Hitachi 1T split models? Their site lists, Star, Iota, Atom.

Are prices listed on any website?
They have a new model called Ace. Their website has prices for select models. Another good resource - Compare India
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:59   #176
BHPian

@ Scooby - Thanks for the advice. No LG - I might go in for a Samsung.
Hope I wont require all the paraphernalia like you
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

Yep. Have booked Hitachi Ace 1T. Yet to be installed. Rs. 27750. Installation extra.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:22   #178
Senior - BHPian

Saw a two year old 1.0 ton Onida Ac at work in a friends place. I was by the way that thing cooled!! Was better than anything I have seen till date! Way better than my brand new 1.5 ton LG!

Don't know if he was plain lucky, or if that's one underrated brand!!

Spoke to their local service personnel - They seem to have models with an EER of 4.0 and 5.0 too!!!

Last edited by kb100 : 23rd April 2008 at 15:29.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:51   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Does anyone has any feedback about multi-split ACs for home usage (1 outdoor and 2 indoor units).
I inquired in few showrooms and most of them end up suggesting 2 independent units probably because they dont have much idea about the multi-split ones.
Why do you need a multi split ? There is no difference in anything except that one big heavy outdoor unit would have to be mounted outside. Both the compressors are housed inside this. 2 independent units are a better bet here. I had also considered this before & gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Saw a two year old 1.0 ton Onida Ac at work in a friends place. I was by the way that thing cooled!! Was better than anything I have seen till date! Way better than my brand new 1.5 ton LG!

Don't know if he was plain lucky, or if that's one underrated brand!!

Spoke to their local service personnel - They seem to have models with an EER of 4.0 and 5.0 too!!!

I have a 1.5T onida split for the last 3 years. Does its job well, no complaints except for a couple of minor issues. But the service sucks. I took out an AMC for 2 years @Rs.750 per year. They had conveniently forgotten to do any quarterly services for 1 full year & when i asked them, they simply said we will do all the 4 services in this one month itself.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:05   #180
Senior - BHPian

Onida obviously does not manufacture compressors, whose compressor does it use ?

Most Viewed