Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 11:42   #2221
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Khoj are you sure about Panasonics being assembled in india? Both my aircons which I bought earlier this year are made in malaysia.
Old 25th October 2011, 00:54   #2222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I can bet Videocon has similar units as Godrej and Onida. I have seen them inside hence sure of it. I own one such Videocon unit which performs flawlessly. But Being a Pure Chinese product I wouldn't buy/recommend it again.

Hitachi has a plant near Ahmedabad. I am not sure about the components though.
Videocon has not one but two manufacturing locations at Aurangabad and Ranjangaon. They initially used to assemble air cons & refridgerators using designs from Panasonic under license. Of late not much is known of that JV. In line with the demands of business they must be using certain componentes made in the PRC but they are not known to have been importing completely built Chinese machines. This company has a strong manufacturing base and some of the best QC in the industry. They are very strong in non metro, semi urban type of markets which today are the fastest growing as far as white goods are concerned.

Hitachi (HHLI) has their plant and head office in Kadi, Gujarat. It is one of the largest aircon equipment manufacturing facilities in the country and one of 10 such facilities that Hitachi has around the World. Compressors and IDUs are made in house. ODUs are outsourced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Yesterday went to buy a microwave oven. .... ....Once again I have to start the hunt from 0.
This post belongs to another thread. Report your own post to the mods and have it shifted accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos
Khoj are you sure about Panasonics being assembled in india? Both my aircons which I bought earlier this year are made in malaysia.
Panasonic has set up a facility in Pondicherry for assembly of aircons. Now depending on the demand from the markets and their given production capacity they might be doing a mix of local assembly and imports. Then again certain range or type of aircons only might be getting assembled here. There are a lot of grey areas here and unless one has specific info from inside one relies on newspapers, business magazine/website articles etc and general talks with distributors etc. That's the reason I opened with the phrase "educated guess at best"

Last edited by khoj : 25th October 2011 at 01:01.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:00   #2223
BANNED

A quickie:
Which Split Units /manufacturers have R401 in place of R22? I am planning to replace my old Videocon 2T unit (2001 vintage) with a new unit.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:28   #2224
Senior - BHPian

I know of Daikin and Toshiba.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:36   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Sharp & Sanyo come with R401.
Daikin has both available, with the machines with R22 being sold at huge discounts.

Rest will have to follow suit 2015 ? onwards.

Just FYI
In case of Reciprocating compressors, R22 can be replaced with R401 after changing the compressor oil with one of a higher viscosity to account for the drier gas.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:20   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Dear members,
I am clear that my selection of Daikin is fine. In the mean time suddenly a topic of R22 and R401 is coming. To my poor knowledge I could not understand this?Is there any difference of power saving between them or radiation quantity. Any expert can explain.
Old 26th October 2011, 14:22   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49
Dear members,
I am clear that my selection of Daikin is fine. In the mean time suddenly a topic of R22 and R401 is coming. To my poor knowledge I could not understand this?Is there any difference of power saving between them or radiation quantity. Any expert can explain.
R401 is new age gas R22 will be phase off by 2015 to my knowledge, R401 is ozone friendly but not as efficient as R22.
I have just commissioned a plant based on R22 with scroll compressors and had engineers explain the above fact to us. Cheers!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 26th October 2011 at 14:23.
Old 27th October 2011, 10:10   #2228
BHPian

Re: Where are the machines coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Disclaimer Let me call this an educated guess
#
Assembled in India with a mix of majority of proprietary and some components from Indian vendors
Daikin. Panasonic ( believed to be moving quickly towards the group below)
On the carton of the Daikin split I got, it said Made in Thailand. Below it was written "Imported by : Daikin Airconditioning India Pvt Ltd ..blah blah...gurgaon". Most dealers in Mumbai told me the same thing that the machine would be Made in Thailand. I guess then Daikin must be importing all the split units.
Also on the Daikin India website the manufacturing process is shown to be just for VRV and Chillers
:: Welcome to Daikin Air Conditioning India Pvt. Ltd. ::

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sharp & Sanyo come with R401.
Daikin has both available, with the machines with R22 being sold at huge discounts.
Rest will have to follow suit 2015 ? onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
R401 is new age gas R22 will be phase off by 2015 to my knowledge, R401 is ozone friendly but not as efficient as R22.
I have just commissioned a plant based on R22 with scroll compressors and had engineers explain the above fact to us. Cheers!
Guys I think it is R410A and not R401.
http://www.daikinindia.com/index.php...=80&Itemid=135
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorodifluoromethane

Last edited by surd_biker : 27th October 2011 at 10:12.
Old 27th October 2011, 17:05   #2229
Senior - BHPian

Yes you are correct it is 410, my bad.
Old 27th October 2011, 17:12   #2230
Senior - BHPian

How good is Llyod? I can get a 5 * One ton AC for within 18k!
Old 27th October 2011, 17:35   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Considering the workings of Chinese products, be prepared to risk your buy for a lemon. Chances are rare but still there.

It is otherwise a steal at this price. Make sure the installer is skilled and the product has a service center around.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:29   #2232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the workings of Chinese products, be prepared to risk your buy for a lemon. Chances are rare but still there.

It is otherwise a steal at this price. Make sure the installer is skilled and the product has a service center around.
Its an Indian product and looks like they are good with AC stuff as per their site!
Old 9th November 2011, 14:05   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Do they mention the whereabouts of their manufacturing plant in India on their website? If not, it is a Chinese product.

AFAIK Hitachi, Ogeneral and Bluestar have their manufacturing plants in India.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:35   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do they mention the whereabouts of their manufacturing plant in India on their website? If not, it is a Chinese product.

AFAIK Hitachi, Ogeneral and Bluestar have their manufacturing plants in India.
.: History :.

Anyway got 1 ton, 3 star last day. Got a very nice deal along with V-Guard stabilizer.

.: LLOYD : Live the future : AC, LCD:.
Old 19th November 2011, 15:15   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information.

I would still be skeptical (for the make and not the quality) only because even Videocon and Voltas who claim to be manufacturers import from China.

Congrats on your unit and let us know how they work.

Most Viewed